Laughter is the best medicine, so is marijuana a medical miracle?

Is laughter and marijuana a miracle medicine?

• yes

Votes: 78 97.5%
  • no

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I'm so sad I don't care

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Laughter heals. It promotes and strengthens communion with others, refreshes perspective to make it easier to deal with difficult situations, and even fosters health on a physical level.
Laughter is an agent of social connection and bonding. It relaxes and liberates, dissolving the defenses with which we keep others at a distance. When we laugh with others, we feel closer to them making the time we spend with them rewarding, and so motivating us to spend more time together.
The interpersonal communion promoted by shared laughter is a healing force. Research shows that companionship, social support, and a sense of community are good for health. People who spend significant amounts of time in the company of supportive others get fewer diseases, heal faster, and live longer. By facilitating shared laughter, cannabis widens the doorway to the healing benefits of human bonding.
Cannabis also engenders a spirit of conviviality that leads to healing laughter. Laughing is fundamentally a social phenomenon. People laugh much more frequently when in the company of others than when alone, partly because of laughters contagious nature. One person's laughter triggers anothers' in an effect that bounces back and forth like a ping-pong ball, extending and amplifying the laughter of each. Sometimes the laughter of just one person in a crowd triggers a ripple effect that cascades across the group until everyone is laughing.
People suffering from serious illness tend to withdraw and become reclusive, feeling self-conscious about their disease and that their condition may be burdensome to others. Cannabis lightens such heavy attitudes and promotes conviviality, making us more likely to seek the company of others. The use of cannabis therefore encourages people to avail themselves of the benefits t health afforded by both interpersonal engagement and the laughter that arises from it.

Source: Dr Beverley Potter

Without a doubt. This is the message I'm trying to send my parents as my dad is suffering from stage 4 cancer. I've heard that arranging the muscles in your face to smile for 30 seconds will release a pleasure hormone in the body.

The one that said he or she said they don't care, "MUST BE AT THE WRONG SITE. or never smoke no good SHIRT before, read between the lines.

After a 3 day respite I took a big hit of hash last night and watched Cheech and Chong's "Up in Smoke". I laughed so hard...it was great medicine. Also, the hash did its job and knocked out the pain that had returned. Yesterday the pinched disk that telegraphs a knife-like pain to another part of my body was quenched, as well as 2 other chronic sources of pain. Totally awesome medicine! It's not right that this world and its draconian laws and expectations cause one to stop using such a beneficial product occasionally.

For someone who has battled depression for years, I have found that cannabis is the best catalyst for the best medicine, laughter. It assist in viewing the lighter things in life which is good medicine any day.

Did anyone else just try smiling for 30 seconds? I did.

30 seconds is a long time to smile especially while driving. My eyes go to small slits when I am laughing or have a big stoned grin.

Laughter really is the best medicine. It's something you can take with you, give out freely, and doesn't cost a thing.

I love laughing. I laugh at everything including myself. That doesn't mean life is perfect, but it never hurts to see the humor in things. Nothing like a good joint, a belly-washing laugh, and kickin in all those endorphins.

I feel better already.:smokin:

Peace and lots of laughter:rollit:

I too suffer from depression - and not only is marijuana a medical miracle but it is the only medicine that works for me at all(I have been through many). I have never even smirked on the other rubbish the doctors gave me let alone laughed the way I regularly do with good friends, good MJ and 420 and my friends here! :clap:

MJ is the healing plant for earth. The relief, joy & laughter experienced under marijuana is priceless...it has been my mood regulator, vastly superior than the synthetic crap from pharma. companies my MD prescribes to me. :smokin:

I too suffer from depression - and not only is marijuana a medical miracle but it is the only medicine that works for me at all(I have been through many). I have never even smirked on the other rubbish the doctors gave me let alone laughed the way I regularly do with good friends, good MJ and 420 and my friends here! :clap:

Amen to that, Brad. :smokin: It's the same way with me.

Back
Top Bottom