Lavendar's - Continual Harvest - 5th Grow

lavendar

this is the first time i've tried a grow journal online before, but i keep notebooks, so if i can figure out the links, and with your help and encouragement just maybe i can do it....:thanks:

these are the stats for the grow:
strain? mixed and varied-will id as it progresses
indica, sativa, or hybrid? Percentages? will id as it progresses
veg? all the plants in the tween room are in the veg cycle...all have been in the veg. cycle for varying amts of time...will id.
strictly indoor this time.
soil-use a local brand, made instate...worm castings, mushroom compost, perlite, and the rest is his secret.
pots- i start in grow cubes, go to large cups, 6" pots, to 3.75gal pots
lights-in the tween room, i have a 4x4 area, it has a 250w-mh, a 90w led, equal to a 400w (general growth spectrum)...and cfl's if needed, none yet.
lights-in the bud room, i have 400w hps, 3 90w leds (equal to 400w each, and they are just for budding), and 4 200w cfl's (cool lite) and 1 300w cfl (warm).
aircooled-not the light-have an intake fan, exhaust pump, and two fans,
in the tween room, i have two fans, and open ports for exhaust...
rh of room? is 50%.
ph-not an issue at present....have meter...runs at 5.5-6.0
Any pests? not at present...formerly...borg bugs (spider mites)
watering? when needed...usually eyeball or wt. of pots, but have meter.
nutrients?-fox farms-big grow, tiger bloom, big blooms, open sesame, beastie blooms, and cha ching....i also use kushy kush, and shooting powder, plus liquid light in the tween room, humbolt micro nutrients if needed, azomax for pest control, preditor mites if needed and safers mold and mildew solution if and when...plus, clear x, and sugar water with flavors for the final wks.
I fertilize everyother day with a solution that is below the directions on the bottles...if needed....in between with water (well water) seem to use more water than anything...
I have different buckets with the different nutz that are ribbon color coded to match the ribbons on the plants (only in the bud room), the rest are just the same...

whew, that was a mouth full..:rollit:

bud of the month was the fourth crop, only grew 6 plants that time, and they were messed up from being outdoors and then indoors, but they sure were good. Link below has a picture and details.

without further ado, tada, here is the tween room...these are in the middle, after the clone/seedling room and the budroom...I use this room for growth, changing the size of pots, final bug check, ect.

nothing special to id yet in these, so just posted generally.

twrm-overhead-3-8-10.jpg

this is the mouie wouie...think i got her problem straightened out...but any suggestions welcome...i sprayed with mold spray, and added some micro nutz, very little to her water...seems better now
twrm-day1-3-4-10.jpg

this is the tween room before i started using liquid lite.
twrm-3-8-10-4.jpg

twrm-3-5-10.jpg

twrm-3-4-10-b.jpg

twrm-3-4-10-5.jpg

calif o.j. 2nd clone
tweenrm-oj-3-8-10.jpg

tweenrm-3-8-10-2.jpg

after the first dose of liq.lite
tweenrm-3-5-10-after_repotting.jpg

3-4-10-twrm-grow5.jpg

more photos in gallery of tween room...will try to post some of the bud room pics in a while...
thanks for looking....let me know what you think..lavendar

Here are some photos of the bud room...enjoy...lavendar

group shot: train wreck, strawberry haze, dutch delight, brainstorm, bubblegum, sour diesel,

tw-sthz-dd-bs-bg-sd-br-3-08-10.jpg

train wreck and dutch delite buds
tw-dd-rom-br-3-8-10.jpg

tw-dd-bs-bg-sd-br-3-8-10.jpg

tw and dd buds
tw-dd-3-8-10-br.jpg

tw-3-8-10.jpg

new york city diesel...only been in bud rm. 2 wks.
tnycd-3-8-10-br-2wks.jpg

strawberry haze
sthz3-8-10br.jpg

strawberry haze
sthz-3-8-10-br.jpg

sour diesel
sour_diesel-sd-3-8-10-br-phz3.jpg

romulan and st.hz.
rom-sthz-bdrm.jpg

older n.y.c.d.
nycd-br-3-8-10.jpg

dutch delight
dutch_delight-dd-3-8-10-br.jpg

bubba kush-have 2 of these this time.
bubba_kush_1-3-3-10.jpg

partial group shot.
brshot1-3-8-10.jpg

brain storm..in 5th wk of bud
brainstorm-bud-br-3-3-10.jpg

more br.st.
brainstorm-br-3-3-10.jpg

more brain storm
brain_storm-phz3-3-8-10.jpg

train wreck
br-tw-3-8-10.jpg

more tw
br-train_wreck-tw-3-8-10-nearly_done.jpg

soil we use...
soil_bag.jpg

Here are some tri shots at 300x

bottom buds, t.w.
tw3-3-10_bottombud-4.jpg

t.w.
3-8-10-tw11wks3.jpg

dutch delight..bottom bud
tw3-3-10_bottombud-2.jpg

d.d.
3-8-10-tw11wks2.jpg

d.d.
3-8-10-dd-11wks2.jpg

d.d.
2-26-10-1.jpg

L.A.Confidential
2-26-10-1-lac4.jpg

LAC
2-26-10-1-lac2.jpg

local breeder-high plains drifter-grown from his seeds
2-26-10-1-hpd-1.jpg

calif. o.j.
2-26-10-1-ca-oj-1.jpg

Thats all for now folks....lavendar

bud of the month contest - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Re: lavendars'-continual harvest-5th grow

Looking good lavendar! :thumb: I've pulled up my chair and will be with you for the duration.:popcorn: Thanks for taking the time to do this. +rep when I can. :peace:

Your garden is looking good, one suggestion if I may. You should raise your PH a point, to around 6.5 - 6.8. You may not be having problems now, but it will keep you from having problems here soon and they will kick it up a notch if you dial it in... Nice work Lavender..........:ganjamon:

Your garden is looking good, one suggestion if I may. You should raise your PH a point, to around 6.5 - 6.8. You may not be having problems now, but it will keep you from having problems here soon and they will kick it up a notch if you dial it in... Nice work Lavender..........:ganjamon:

thank you...will do...lavendar

:thumb:

Very true Irie, I did not notice his pH! It definitely needs adjusting...

When you pH below 6.5 :thedoubletake: you run the risk of messing up the micro flora! and at the pH you have at the moment not many nutrients will be available!

Use this chart to see how your plants will struggle to get nutrients at certain pH levels

phnutrcombo1.gif

TBD

Very true Irie, I did not notice his pH! It definitely needs adjusting...

When you pH below 6.5 :thedoubletake: you run the risk of messing up the micro flora! and at the pH you have at the moment not many nutrients will be available!

Use this chart to see how your plants will struggle to get nutrients at certain pH levels

phnutrcombo1.gif

TBD

thank you...that could explain some problems with the strawberry haze and mouie wowie...lavendar

Just a quick note to say, that today we harvested the Dutch Delight....wow...a very nice plant...we tend to grow small plants, 3-4' tall at the most, and the dd was only about 30" tall, but wet wt. we got 8.5 oz...so we were happy...very sticky, and heavy....great smell, and we have been sampling her for about ten days now....without a cure, it is very nice....will withhold further judgement until she is cured tho...if she lasts that long...not sure which one we'll put in to take her place yet...will try to post pics tomorrow...she has a quite a bit of purple in her, unless it is just the night temps here....lavendar

when do u pull your plants ?? what color are the trichs ??
and what drying method do u use ?? do u chop the plant and hang upside down thrn paper bag then cure ??? what method do u use ??great job.. post pics

gb,
we pull the plants depending on what we want....we prefer the "up" of the white tri's, but at times let it stray into the nice orange catagory if we want something for sleep...
this one was about 50% white, 40% lemon to orange, and the rest clear...i always try to leave some clear...or at least that is the look under the 30x loop i use in the room...will bring one over to take a 300x look here also...will take the camera with me when i go over to feed and take some close ups for you...

ok, what we do, is first any large leaves left come off...then we do take the buds off the branches, we trim, and i dont even weigh that, i use it for hash and oil, right now collecting for oil....have alot for hash, which i need to do very soon....we trim fairly tight....so alot of bud shake...shake and leaves go to paper bags....i dont do anything more but fluff daily and then freeze..the shake that is, also leaves..

Let it (buds) stay on the screens until the major water is gone, usually a wk, but if it starts to get too crispy, it goes to bag, it stays in the bag for about a wk, until it is stickier, only way i know to describe it, it just feels different, like its relaxing...then to jars...some stuff moves really fast from one area to the next, so it just depends on what it is...i wish i could tell you times, but i can't as each is different...i go more by feel and looks and smell...about this time the stem feel like they will break but wont quite snap...so then it goes to the jars...usually 4-6 wks there with us sampling occasionally...what we consider done is when it feels crusty on the outside, not dry or brittle, but like it has a stiff sugar coating, if you leave it lay for a few minutes, you can snap the stem, but the inside of the bud is still nice and gooie and soft, like the inside of a 3 musketeers bar...just not wet...and the stem will snap...the green is gone by then, has a great taste, no harshness, and its just great...while its in the jars, i watch it close...opening daily and turning it around to move the buds ect...dump it out on the table and let it lay if it seems too wet...or leave the lid off the jar overnight...just watch for mold and mildew....my hubby put up a foot long bud in a jar and forgot to tell me and by the time we found it, it was a footlong green, grey science experiment...needless to say, he stays out of this part now...yeah, will get pics of the plant drying today, still have to post the clone/seedling rm pics too, but it takes a while to size ect....hope this helps....lavendar:yummy:

They say, Dance like no one is watching, sooo, I'll post like no one is reading...I'm enjoying some of the dutch delight...pretty nice so far...

here are the latest photos of the grow....still haven't decided which plant will get the slot in the bud room that the expected alas and planned for demise of d.d. opened up.

the drying screen....sorry, but it (the plant), was gone before the camera got there...whoops...
IMG_0750.jpg

and one more time...
IMG_07492.jpg

and these pics are the 300x mag photos of the tri's on the dutch delight..
she is really very nice to smoke...not even cured...noticed she had a deep purple tinge to quite a few of the buds, i dont think the temp caused it, unless 65 will be too cool at night?
dutch_delight5.jpg

flip side of the same bud.
dutch_delight6.jpg

here's another bud, still d.d.
dutch_delight4.jpg

and the flip side of that bud
dutch_delight2.jpg

and still another one...also d.d.
dutch_delight3.jpg

and another flip side...these were taken under the light on a mic. and not under the l.e.d.'s.
dutch_delight1.jpg
:yahoo:
she's supposed to be a cross of big bud, skunk, and one other, but don't remember what....(short term i guess...anyway, i'll always hope so...) type of smoke and i had not raised any of them, so i have no idea if they are purple or not...does someone out there know?
Anyway, the following photos nearly cost the plants their lives....I lost my balance going for some close ups and my hubby caught me just as i started going down....I had these horrid visions of mangled pots, strewn dirt, broken and bent plants and me....thankfully nothing was hurt...

this is a close up of train wreck, the next one to come down....there is color distortion here...she is quite a bit more lime colored.
IMG_07716.jpg

the bottom of the train wreck
IMG_07606.jpg

another shot of the train wreck..
IMG_07586.jpg

this is the right side of the grow tent (bud tent)....on the right side of the pic..front to back, is a bubba kush, bubba kush, jack herer x bubblegum....on the left side, front to back is brain storm, bubblegum, and sour diesel...
IMG_07562.jpg

yes, i know, it is hard to distinguish one from another...let alone 6...pretend you know what i mean, it will make us both feel better...

and this is a new photo of the veg 4x4 room....i really like that liquid light...i do wish i knew more about it though...does anyone have experience with it? This is using it not even half strength and only 3 times....i have read their web site, but that is limited info, and the bottles arn't much more...thank you..
IMG_07511.jpg

i do have the pics of the clone seedling room ready, but i've done enough for one day...lavendar:rollit:

Just checking in here at the door.... sniff sniff I smell something good going on in here!!!! Can I join in!

Looking good, love a nice perpetual grow, especially one with a nice variety like this. Great job!

Yup!! Excelent go-around Lavendar. What do you think the next plant harvested is gonna be?:welldone:

looking like the train wreck.....already taking samples, just waiting for the tri's to finish, they are still mostly clear, checked under the 300x scope last night...then its a toss up....but the tr.wr. isnt more than 3-5 days away...thank you and yes, please hang around....lavendar

Looking good, love a nice perpetual grow, especially one with a nice variety like this. Great job!

thank you..thank you..and the variety will get more marked as time goes on...lavendar:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom