LazyDays Soil 60 Day Wonder Auto - Fem - 1st ish Grow - 2014

LazyDays

:welcome:

Greetings to all and welcome to my first proper grow. The actual first grow was a disaster from start to miserable end, a story of what not to do, another time perhaps.

For this grow, I have 4 60 Day Wonder feminised auto seeds from DNA Genetics, they're indica dominant, genetics are William's Wonder X Ruderalis, and apparently are ready from seed in 60 days. Indoor yield 28-40g/plant. Time will tell....

The ladies names are (in no particular order): Harriet, Dorothy, Patricia and Helen.

I am growing indoors in a 1.2m tent with a 600W dual spectrum light in a cool tube with it's own fan and the usual ventilation with a carbon filter which I won't use until I need to. Hoping to put this all together over the weekend and I'll probably have lots of questions about what plugs into where, but for the moment I have a small box with a 70W MH light, small bathroom extractor fan (in the wrong place, below not above the light), a small desk fan for circulation and vents cut into the side for intake. Tested earlier with nothing inside and temp is 27 deg, humidity 55% with the 'door' closed and 25 deg, humidity 53% with it open but it has been quite a warm day.

I'll be using BioBizz AllMix soil and their Grow and Bloom nutrients and will also be adding organic blackstrap molasses when watering. Don't know what the pH of the water I'll be using is because the meter hasn't been delivered yet, so using distilled water for now.

And now without further ado, the story so far:

27/6 ~ 9pm, It had to be the 27th, a recurring and most auspicious number for me and new moon, my mother believes plants grow better if they're planted during a waxing moon, who am I to argue lol. The seeds were dropped into a glass of distilled water with a heartfelt request sent out to the universe and their namesakes for protection, abundance and growth. Left them at the back of a shelf in a dark corner for 22 hours.

28/6 ~ 7pm, put each seed into a root riot cube, one seed had germinated in the water. Then placed the little tray of 4 in a heated propagator for the night, spritzed lightly with distilled water.

29/6 ~ It's a balmy 29 degrees with 88% humidity inside the propagator which is on a sunny windowsill. Nothing to see yet, cubes were a little dry so gave them a light spritz with distilled water and left them to soak up the rays.

30/6 ~ After the last few weeks of rushing about and getting no lazy days, I finally get one, wake and bake at my leisure (unusual for me on a Monday morning, but whatever..), coffee and facebook scrolling, quick game here and there, then 3pm OMG I forgot about the seeds!! Frantic dash to the next room to see them, and all 4 waved 'Hi' with their little green cotes :love:. Did my happy dance and the usual cooing that has to be done over newborns, made sure they were happy and moist and left them to it. Turned off the heat on the propagator around 8pm.

1/7 ~ The second leaves have started already! The cubes were a bit dry in patches so watered each one individually and noticed one root is already poking out the bottom of the cube! Will be planting them into AllMix in little pots tomorrow so they'll fit under the 70W light, was hoping to avoid this step by putting them into their final pots in the tent from the start, but the tent can't go up until the weekend and they can't stay as they are until the weekend. Watched a grow journal of these seeds on youtube, and the grower said they don't like being transplanted but needs must, and a note to self to plan better.

From the left, Dorothy, Helen, Harriet and Patricia :love:

DSC00204_1_.JPG

Will update with pics, when they're in their pots under the light tomorrow.

:Namaste:

Re: LazyDays Soil 60 Day Wonder auto (fem) 1st(ish) grow ~ 2014

Haha budnoob, thank you for noticing :blushsmile:

So much for updating the next day, but tbh there wasn't much to report.

2/7 ~ Checked the girls, still in cubes in the propagator on the windowsill, and they hadn't grown much more, so decided to leave them as they were for the next day.

3/7 ~ No new growth, not much stretching. Felt relieved that I hadn't gone ahead and put them in small pots under the MH light. (Note to self: Don't panic!) Got the tent up that night (Thursday), finished around 2am and decided to leave setting up the lights etc till the next day.

4/7 (2nd week) ~ Checked the girls around midday, no new growth but a bit more stretching. Smoked a J then started unpacking the rest of the boxes. Hung the cooltube and did some admiring, went in search of the ducting and clamps, swore profusely trying to get it on, which did happen eventually. Passed the ducting through it's relevant hole in the tent to it's still in the box fan. Decided now might be a good time to have a look at the fan before cutting big chunks off the ducting. Hmmm no cable connected to fan, then a vague recollection of being told that I would have to wire these myself. Not a problem, I'll just put the fan in it's position and carry on connecting the ducting, stretch it out to cut it and hmmmmm this is kinda short, slowly realise I've only ordered enough for the filter and fan and nothing for the cooltube and fan. DAMMIT!! Now pissed at myself for not planning better (again!!), I abandoned everything to make a list of supplies and head to the shop. Came home with nothing more than the 2 core to wire the fans, guy in the shop looked at me like I had 10 heads for asking for 5" ducting and grilles, apparently 4" is standard for extraction and ventilation, not 5" and it would have to be specially ordered with no specified delivery date. FFS dammit DAMMIT!! Told him to forget it, I'd find it online and get quicker delivery. Which was kind of a good thing because as I sat wiring the fans, pondering my dilemma, I thought of a better way to configure the tent, that would only require cutting one hole in the wall to vent through instead of two. Revised my list and decided to try a different shop the next day before ordering online.

5/7 ~ Still no new growth, but really starting to stretch towards the light now, and more roots are starting to poke out of the sides of the cubes. Feel like I'm starting to push my luck by leaving them as they are, they seemed to burst to life quite quickly and now, nothing but stretching for 5 days. No luck getting what I needed at the other shop, came home defeated, smoked a J and ordered it all online. Attached the cooltube to it's fan with all the ducting it needed, put the bulb in, attached the leftover ducting to temporarily vent it out, it's too short, there's enough to attach the filter to it's fan, so it won't go to waste and I don't need that yet, but I can only raise the light about a foot before it won't 'reach' outside the tent. Hopefully my order will have arrived by then. Ordered 10m to be on the safe side and have some spare. Unboxed the ballast and contactor/relay, was slightly in awe of all the plugs and sockets, decided it was a good time for coffee, a J and youtube instructions. Managed to connect everything correctly, nowhere near as complicated as I was expecting, flicked the switch and ta dah, light!! :yahoo: Couldn't do any more, so went off to ponder the heat problem I was going to have without anything to extract it.

6/7 ~ Moving day for the girls! I'm using 10l buckets, drainage holes drilled into the bottom and small holes drilled around the top edge for LSTing (maybe) and Biobizz Allmix soil. Brought the girls down for their photo shoot, then buried them up to their necks. I probably could have buried them a bit deeper but as they're so small, I was worried I might snap a stem if I couldn't see it. Gave them a very light watering with distilled water, more around the stems, then just enough to wet the soil surface. Left a bit of space to add more soil if needed to bury them again if they stretch any more. Put them under the light, opened every unused opening, left all the zips open at the top, uncovered the mesh vents, switched on the light and hoped for the best. Temps climbed and humidity dropped in just an hour without anything extracting the heat. Eventually at 34C I had to close the curtains (my neighbours can't see in, but would have seen the light.) and open the tent to get the temps down. After a few hours of this opening/closing malarkey, I knew this wasn't going to work. Then an idea, I put the fan into the top opening, tightened the cords so it wouldn't fall out, closed all the openings, covered the vents, did up the zips and switched the fan on. Ta dah! Suction so strong it pulled the sides of the tent in :yahoo: :slide: , I guess it won't be as strong when the filter is attached. Temps stayed at around 29/30C after that, still too high but it is recycling the same warm air in the room, so once it's vented out of the room, it should be a bit cooler. Checked on them before lights out at midnight, all looks well so far.

7/7 ~ 6am wake up call. Overnight temp was 19C, humidity back up to 51%. The girls are looking the same, maybe a little bigger but that could be wishful thinking. I hope all the action is going on underground. They definitely needed a drink, mixed 2ml Biobizz Root Juice in 2l of distilled water and gave 500ml each, will start using molasses next watering. Put them back under the light and left them to it until I see them later this afternoon.

Stems were about 3" tall.
DSC0021113.JPG

In their new home :thumb:
DSC0021311.JPG

DSC0021614.JPG

Under their new sun :)
DSC0021713.JPG

Re: LazyDays Soil 60 Day Wonder auto (fem) 1st(ish) grow ~ 2014

Had a nice lazy day with no stress at last! :thumb: Girls are happy in their new home and they've definitely grown some today and are beginning to get their next set of leaves. Humidity staying around 22% but temps are still high, fluctuates between 29C and 32C. Not much I can do about it until I get what I need, so no point stressing. Soil was quite dry when I checked before lights out, there is no way they're drinking that much, so I'm assuming the heat is evaporating it all. Will water again with root juice and molasses in the morning. I think Patricia might have a bit of burn but the rest look fine. I did read somewhere that Allmix can be a bit hot for some auto's. Her namesake was a rather temperamental but very classy lady, so it's to be expected that she would be the one with a moan :) Well she's in it now, she may as well tough it out.

Dorothy
Dorothy.JPG

Helen
Harriet.JPG

Harriet
Helen2.JPG

Patricia
Patricia.JPG

Patricia (burn?)
Patricia1.JPG

Not much to report. The girls are growing ... slowly .... for plants that are supposed to be ready in the next 47 days, they're sure taking their sweet time lol maybe they'll have a growth spurt sometime soon but for now I'm going to put it down to leaving them in cubes in the propagator for too long. Dorothy is the biggest and looking the healthiest of the 4, so for now she will be my mother's plant to make her oil, quite fitting really as she was named after my grandmother :love:.

8/7 ~ Watered each of the girls with 500ml distilled water with root juice and molasses around midday. Temps are still the same 29C-34C, humidity 20-22%

9/7 ~ The pH meter finally arrived, doesn't look like great quality, will look around for a better one, although I didn't realise when I bought it that it measured moisture and light level too, bonus! Came in very handy just before I was going to water them, the soil felt and looked dry as a bone when I poked my finger into it but the meter said it was quite moist 5" down, so I left them unwatered to go find it for themselves. Tested the natural spring water I'll be using, which is filtered through a brita first, and it measured 7.1, so I'll use lemon juice or vinegar to lower it.

10/7 ~ I forgot to set my alarm to get up and turn the fans on this morning, so the poor girls had an hour of desert like temps. I have the light and fans on separate timers so that the fans can be on for 30 mins longer to cool things down, unfortunately, I just can't seem to get the fan timer to turn on and off when I want it to. The light timer is digital, so easy to set off and on, but the fan timer has the little tabs that have to pushed up or down, I've tried both ways, up for on, down for on, but it just won't switch off, then it won't switch on and it is switched to timer setting, not the permanently on setting. I've given up on it, think I'll just get another digital one. Watered about 250ml plain distilled water each at 6pm, the soil at the surface, was very dry, crispy dry lol, and it's unnerving me a little, even though the meter says it's still moist further down, I don't really trust it.

I'd been looking around online for a pair of blue glasses because the light is making my eyes ache, but didn't order any as I thought they were stupid money for what they are. Today I was rooting around in a drawer of stuff I don't know what to do with but don't want to throw out and I came across 3 pairs of red/blue 3D glasses I'd bought ages ago to view a really old 3D picture a friend gave me (I only wanted one pair but the minimum order was 4 for $1), noticed that the shape of the left and right lenses weren't hugely different so pulled out the red one and replaced it with a very slightly trimmed blue one from another pair. Ta-dah, blue glasses that work great, and cost next to nothing. My win of the day :thumb:

Dorothy
Dorothy1.JPG

Harriet
Harriet1.JPG

Helen
Helen3.JPG

Patricia
Pat1.JPG

Home made blue glasses :thumb:
x28.JPG

Subbed... I will follow along, I too have similar issues with my girls growing, but going slower than i feel they ought to be lol just leaving them to it and let them do their thing, Im sure all will work out in the end... I'm keen to see how wether the root juice helps and makes a difference as it is something Im looking to add to my grows aswell, as I am using BioBizz Grow and will be using Bloom for flower :D

:thumb::goodjob:

:welcome: randomandy, nice to have you along.

I'll just be letting them do their thing too. As a novice grower, I don't expect them to be done in 60 days, maybe, but I doubt it. More experienced growers have harvested these before 60 days but I'll be happy even with just 1 live plant come harvest, hopefully 4 :) Stole your idea to hang a wet tea towel in the tent, and it is helping, humidity is up to 30% with it in there, so thanks for that :thumb: I have another 3 autos that I may start in 2 weeks, Royal Queen Seed's outdoor mix ~ Northern Light auto, Royal AK auto and Royal Bluematic. Will see how the 60DW are doing before adding new strains though. Not very happy with the seedbank I ordered them from because they just put the 3 seeds into 1 baggie, so I have no idea which is which. Won't be buying from them again. Anyone want to join me in a game of 'guess the strain' when the time comes, at least it's narrowed down to 3 lol. Not sure how much of a help the root juice is since I can't see the roots, I have a few seeds from a friend that aren't autos that I'll start when the 60DW are done, will do a test with them to see if it makes much difference.

11/7 (3rd week) ~ I have bad news, good news and bad news. My life never seems short of a mini drama since I started growing again... Bad news ~ Woke up to no hot water, checked the fuses, pressed the reset button, wiggled wires, and nothing. Rang the landlord, said he'd try to get someone here next week to sort it out. Good news ~ my order with the extra ducting arrived. Bad news ~ The tent is in my bedroom and I want to cut a small, easily repairable hole in the wall from my bedroom to vent into the airing cupboard but the hot water tank is in the airing cupboard and I can't start hacking into the wall until the hot water problem has been fixed as the landlord will see it. So I have no idea when I'll be able to do all that and the heatwave conditions are going to continue for the foreseeable for the poor girls. In other news, didn't see much of the girls until the evening, Helen has found her accelerator and is almost the same size as Dorothy, Patricia seems to be getting over herself and is getting a bit bigger but poor Harriet is still small and sickly looking but growing ... slowly! No water given today.

12/7 ~ Dorothy and Helen are the same size and looking great, let the battle of the green buckets commence :) Patricia has also found her mojo and is catching up fast. Harriet is still lagging behind. I did want to experiment on one plant, so I think it's going to be Harriet. Still not entirely convinced that this meter is accurate, tested the distilled water and it was almost at 8, definitely need a better one and I don't trust it's 'moisture' levels either now. Mixed 4ml root juice in 2l distilled water with molasses, gave 500ml each. They don't seem to be showing any sign of needing anything else, should be enough of whatever they need in the allmix soil, so will just carry on with the root juice until they start looking for a bit extra.

Dorothy and Helen
D_H.JPG

Dorothy
Dorothy2.JPG

Helen
Helen4.JPG

Harriet and Patricia
H_P.JPG

Harriet
Harriet2.JPG

Patricia
Patricia2.JPG

Back Helen and Dorothy, front Patricia and Harriet :thumb:
DSC0025310.JPG

:welcome: Pablo Tesla, no space for chairs in here, so everyone can sit on my bed :) :thumb:

Not sure how wise getting that 600W light was, it's costing a fortune, that set up uses more electricity than my whole house!! And the heat, omg the H E A T !! Today has been the battle of the temps and humidity. It's been a nice day but not overly hot, I'm dreading mid week onwards when it's supposed to be getting a lot warmer. Temps have been between 35C-40C, humidity is below 20%, that's as low as my meter goes and it just says 'Lo' now. My poor tent looks like a laundry room, wet tea towels hanging everywhere. Temps in the bedroom are about 25C and humidity 52-55%

Sorted out the rest of the ducting this afternoon in the hope that it might help. I hung the filter fan from the ceiling on a bungee cord above the tent, the cooltube fan is also hanging from the ceiling but much lower at the side of the tent, I have wooden floors so the vibration from the fans is quite noisy, plus it keeps them out of the tent adding heat and out of my way, connected the short piece of ducting to the fan and dropped it inside the tent, it will eventually be connected to the carbon filter but that's not needed yet. Attached a longer piece to the cooltube, plenty there to raise the light up and down now. Attached another shorter piece to the filter fan and attached that and the end of the cooltube ducting to a Y piece, which is what will be going through the wall, when I can cut the hole. Drilled a few holes in the bedroom wall where it will be cut, just need the hot water fixed and a jab saw and it'll be job done. None of it made much difference to the heat situation though, added another wet tea towel and a shallow dish of ice, didn't help either.

Thought about getting a portable air conditioner until I saw the price of them!! Then went looking how to make my own :thumb:. A few 'how to make a red neck air conditioner' videos later, I pulled the little bathroom fan out of my small growbox, found a plastic box with a lid, broke it trying to cut a hole in it for the fan :straightface:, drilled some holes around the bottom for intake, fitted the fan (badly), got another plastic container and filled that with ice, put it in the broken box, put the lid on, covered it with another wet tea towel and left it. An hour later, most of the ice was melted and no difference to the heat/humidity :skeptical:. Will get a proper cool box tomorrow and have another go but if anyone else has any other suggestions, I'd be very grateful! Might be worth raising the light to lower temps around the plants, maybe ... hopefully ... :wood:

They all look heat stressed. Helen is bigger than Dorothy now, Patricia looks like she just wants to curl up and die, I noticed that her second set of leaves, the ones with 3 'fingers', only has 3 on one side, the other side it's just 1 leaf, like the first set of proper leaves, odd girl lol. Poor little Harriet, is still trying her best to grow and is still very small but seems to be at the same stage as the rest of them. No water given today. Humidity improves when I water, but as I did it yesterday, I don't want to over water even with all that heat.

Dorothy
Dorothy3.JPG

Harriet
Harriet3.JPG

Helen
Helen5.JPG

Patricia
Patricia3.JPG

This was after I'd added the 'box of ice' and had the tent open for a few minutes. It climbed back up to 37C after just 15 mins, probably went higher again but I didn't check before lights out.
DSC002667.JPG

I noticed in some of your photographs that you have water droplets on the seedlings, I've been advised that this should be avoided in the past because it acts like a magnifier for the light to burn leaves. :peace:

I do dry them off :thumb:, I did notice as well that I missed a few drops :)

No dimmer on the ballast, I wanted the one with a dimmer but ordered the wrong one, sigh. I'll raise the light in the morning, it's the only immediate solution I can think of right now. Then for some more cowboy DIY lol. If it's still the same tomorrow afternoon, I'll take a chance and cut the hole to vent it out of the bedroom, I may be able to hide it from the other side. I knew there would be a heat problem but I thought the cooltube would keep it under control, live n learn eh?

:thanks: all for the input, and :welcome: DelphiOracle

:ciao: Greetings all :peace:

14/7 ~ Raised the light about 10cm first thing in the morning. Thought it would be pointless to refill the 'box in a box with a fan' (a highly technical piece of equipment :) ) with ice as it would only last an hour at the most. Soaked a towel and put it inside instead, soaked all the tea towels, opened the mesh vents and hoped for the best. Unfortunately I had to be out for most of the day but did manage to get home for 5 mins at lunch to soak everything again. Humidity was back up to 22-23% and temps down a bit between 32C-35C. Was too late to water by the time I got home and tbh I was too tired to pay them much attention. Soaked all the towels again. The 'wet towel in a box in a box with a fan' is definitely helping a little with the humidity but no where near what I need, and I think having the vents open to let in some slightly cooler air has helped too.

15/7 ~ Was quite rushed in the morning so only had time to do the soaking routine and had to go. Didn't take much notice of the girls again. The electrician arrived while I was out, typical, but said she'd be back at 7pm. Got everything I needed the day before to make the 'air conditioner', smoked a J and put it all together, only had enough space to freeze 1 5l bottle and it wasn't completely frozen but threw it in with some ice. This thing is hilarious, it works but I don't think it'll be enough. Put it in the tent and had my first good look at the girls. Harriet looked sicker :( and Patricia seems to be developing the same sickness too :(. Looks like some kind of deficiency. Lesson learned to take just 5 mins to have a good look at them at least once a day. Helen and Dorothy are still looking good but definitely heat stressed. Temp 35C humidity 21%. Took a few minutes to think about the problem and what my plan of action was going to be. The heat/humidity problem seemed the most urgent, and that could be improved by watering. Also, with the girls being so small in big pots, I've been reluctant to water till run off in case I drowned them or to give nutes too soon, and I didn't think they were big enough to have used up everything in the soil anyway but might not have been able to use what was there because it was too dry. So I decided to give each plain distilled water until I got run off in the hope that they would be able to get what they need in the thoroughly wet soil and that all that moisture would improve the humidity. I hope it was the right thing to do, I really didn't want to give grow nutes without being certain that they've used up everything in the soil. Raised the light another 10cm, then spent a few hours trying to work out what was wrong and narrowed it down to N or Mg deficiency? Not sure, so opinions/diagnosis appreciated. It's going to take a few days for them to dry out and if Harriet and Patricia haven't improved or are still getting worse, I'll give them their first feed of grow when I water again. Turned everything off just before 7pm, opened the tent so that they would at least get some light from outside, thank goodness they're not smelly yet, put the growliest, snarliest dogs in the bedroom, they sound vicious but they're not lol and locked the door (for her own safety of course). I have to go somewhat off topic here and say how pleasant it was having a lady sparky!! Had a nice pleasant conversation, she explained what she was doing and why, no teeth sucking or condescending, patronising bull that I usually experience from the men. Seriously gents in the trades, stop treating your female customers like we're all air heads!! We don't appreciate it ... rant over :) . Element needed replacing so she couldn't finish, organised the plumber for the next day and then she'd be back to finish. So another day before I can cut any holes. Got the lights back on about 8.30pm. Temps before lights out 33C humidity 21%.

16/7 ~ Ordered a humidifier, I'm going to have this problem in future grows, so may as well deal with it with a proper solution. Checked on the girls at 1ish, temp 34C humidity 23%. Did the towel soaking routine, put a fully frozen 5l bottle into the 'air conditioner' and covered it with all the ice I had, draped a wet tea towel through the exhaust into the ice, it'll wick the water as it melts. Been thinking about my hygrometer and wondering if I have it in the right place, at the moment it's in Harriet's pot, directly under the light, it's accurate for what the plants are experiencing but maybe not for the tent as a whole. Had a spare one so hung that slightly above pot level and away from the light and fans. Took readings an hour later.
1. bedroom temp 24C 52%
2. in Harriet's pot 33C 29% (yay humidity going up!)
3. further away 28C 62% (whaaaat!!!!)
Not a bad idea to have 2 in the tent, but which one should I be paying attention to? More reading required. Plumber has been and gone so just waiting for the lovely lady sparky to finish and I might be able to get the hole cut today. Yay!

Pics were taken yesterday, not much change today.

Dorothy
dorothy4.JPG

dorothy21.JPG

Harriet ~ Can anyone specify if this is a N or Mg deficiency or neither???
harriet4.JPG

harriet21.JPG

harriet31.JPG

Helen
helen6.JPG

helen21.JPG

Patricia
patricia4.JPG

patricia21.JPG

patricia31.JPG

Been so busy over the last few days, and spending so much time reading trying to find a solution to this heat problem, I haven't had time to write in my own personal journal, so I can't remember what happened when ..

I've finally been able to vent the hot air out of the bedroom and into the airing cupboard. Didn't really make much difference to the temps inside the tent though but the bedroom feels noticeably cooler. I've also discovered that my extractor fan isn't strong enough and that I have too many bends in my ducting which is reducing air flow over the light. So I'll be spending tomorrow sorting that out and making it as short as possible. I took the cooler box 'air conditioner' out of the tent today, it's now outside with it's exhaust attached to one of the lower socks blowing air into the tent and doing that brought the temp down by 2C :thumb:

I've ordered a Ruck RK150L, which will be controlled with a plug in speed controller, for extraction and I'll be using the 5" TT fan that I have extracting at the moment as an intake fan. I'm also in the process of changing the light cycle, it's currently on 6am to 12am, and I'll be changing it by 2 hours everyday to eventually be on from 5pm to 11am. If none of this works to reduce the temps, I'll finish this grow, if they don't all die from heatstroke, and pack it away until winter.

As for the girls, they were 3 weeks old on Friday, doesn't seem like 3 weeks, feels much longer lol Helen is the star at the moment, she seems to be taking the heat in her stride and is only showing minimal signs of heat stress. Dorothy is a close second but she's not coping with the heat as well as Helen. Patricia is just ridiculous, she's all twisted and curling in on herself, poor thing lol. Harriet is trying but is so small, I'll keep going with her but I don't think she's going to be much of a plant, at least her yellowing has slowed down since I last watered them completely. They haven't been watered since and will be getting their first half dose feed of grow tomorrow. I also got some perlite that I'll be putting on top of the soil to hopefully keep some moisture in and reflect some of that heat away, :thanks: to Randomandy for that idea :thumb: . Not sure if Helen and Dorothy are where they should be, growthwise, for their age, but they look okay. I know Patricia and Harriet especially are way behind though.

Helen :circle-of-love:
Helen7.JPG

Dorothy :love:
Dorothy5.JPG

Patricia (sigh, such a drama queen!!)
Patricia5.JPG

Harriet, still struggling
Harriet5.JPG

Topped the soil with perlite and watered, 1l distilled water with molasses and 0.5ml biobizz grow each. I've read that seaweed helps heat stressed plants recover, so I've ordered a bottle of biobizz algamic and will give that with their next feed. I vaguely remember, 4 years ago during my last grow, reading that superthrive does wonders for abused plants, ordered a small bottle of that too, but need to read up on it before I give any.

I want to attempt to LST at least one of the girls, but with all these heat issues I don't want to stress them any more than I have to. Patricia is the tallest and would be the best candidate at the moment, but she's the most stressed. Helen is probably the best plant to do it too, but I don't want to take the chance and end up damaging my best plant. Hmmm, decisions...

Temps at the moment
1. Bedroom 24C (75F) 51%
2. In Harriet's pot 32C (90F) 27%
3. Further away from light 30C (86F) 48%

Dorothy
Dorothy20th.JPG

Helen
Helen20th1.JPG

Helen20th2.JPG

Dorothy and Helen
DorothyHelen20th.JPG

Harriet
Harriet20th1.JPG

Harriet20th2.JPG

Harriet20th3.JPG

Patricia
Patricia20th1.JPG

Patricia20th2.JPG

Patricia20th3.JPG

Harriet and Patricia
HarrietPatricia20th.JPG

Dorothy and Helen at back, Harriet and Patricia at front
DHHP20th.JPG

I'm going to leave them alone until I can get the temps right. Harriet is the most stunted, but the least heat stressed and she probably won't produce much, so she will be the one.

Down to 3 plants today. Dorothy and Helen are both girls :thumb:, but Patricia is now Patrick lol I'll be giving him to my mother to use his leaves in her green juice. Harriet isn't showing anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom