LBPD Search Local Pot Dispensaries

Police served a series of search warrants Thursday at several marijuana dispensaries for illegal sales of drugs.

The raids, carried with the help of the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, began Thursday morning and were expected to take the better part of the day, said Long Beach police Cmdr. Laura Farinella.

Farinella declined to identify all the locations citing the ongoing enforcement, but confirmed that one of the locations was a dispensary located at Fourth Street and Elm Avenue.

The commander said the enforcement operation was put together after authorities received "numerous complaints from the community about illegal over-the-counter sales" of marijuana.

District Attorney Steve Cooley took a tough stand on the issue earlier this fall when the Los Angeles City Council began discussing how it might regulate marijuana clinics in its boundaries.

"Any proposed ordinance allowing for the sale of marijuana is in direct conflict with California's Compassionate Use Act and Medical Marijuana Program," the press release stated.

"The City Council has no authority to amend state law or Prop. 215. Such authority is solely possessed by California voters."

When voters passed Prop. 215, the district attorney's office noted, they voted to provide marijuana for those in medical need only.

While the press release was issued primarily as a result of action being discussed by the Los Angeles City Council, the office's interpretation of the law applies to all cities within the office's jurisdiction, a district attorney staffer said Tuesday.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Press Telegram
Author: Tracy Manzer
Copyright: 2009 Los Angeles Newspaper group

Just another case of the LEO wanting things their way. While ignoring the demands of the "TAXPAYERS"... :roorrip:

yeah but if they were selling over the counter to patients who didnt have a medical card that would and prolly did get out of hand fast. This is barely legal I would suggest Staying in the lines until they dont have so much negative attention directed towards them.

I have old guys on my street stepping in front of my car screaming at me to slow down, literally trying to get themselves killed cause I am going 2-3 miles over the limit in their neighborhood. These same people arent going to just adapt to a pot dispensary in their backyard overnight, so we gotaa stay cool for a while.

2 cents

CK

Back
Top Bottom