Leaf Blotches

skinnan3

420 Member
6 weeks into very first grow. Blue Dream - all looked fairly good up to today when I spotted blotches over the some of the leaves. Have no idea what the issue may be so now asking for some ideas.

IMG_5873.JPG
IMG_5880.jpg
IMG_5879.jpg

Edit:
Grow under Mars Hydro 1000w in soil and now watering every 3-4 days (when dry).
1 litre of water with the below added then ph brought to about 6.5
Powerfeed 2ml
Epsom Salts 2gr
Calcuium Nitrate 2gr
Iron Chelate 1ml

Temps sitting just below 30 Celsius and RH between 45 to 60 but mostly at the lower end.

Medium is important to know.

As stated, too much salt and Iron. Iron actually is not a common deficiency. Perhaps a liquid kelp would be a better supplement if you are concerned about micros.

Some growers feed every watering if they are in coco. If you are in something else, this approach will not work for you. Even so...those supplements (iron & magnesium (epsom)) at those amounts can cause more trouble than help.

Medium is important to know.

As stated, too much salt and Iron. Iron actually is not a common deficiency. Perhaps a liquid kelp would be a better supplement if you are concerned about micros.

Some growers feed every watering if they are in coco. If you are in something else, this approach will not work for you. Even so...those supplements (iron & magnesium (epsom)) at those amounts can cause more trouble than help.
Ditto.

Some growers feed every watering if they are in coco. If you are in something else, this approach will not work for you.
Only bit I'll respectfully disagree with. I use soil and feed every watering. But then it's not a super soil or LOS.

Mmm, could well be bleaching from the LED panel you said you had a Mars Hydro 1000w.

The safe hanging distance due to intensity of light could be of question.

Do not jump on the most common idea when all facts are not answered :thumb:

Mmm, could well be bleaching from the LED panel you said you had a Mars Hydro 1000w.

The safe hanging distance due to intensity of light could be of question.

Do not jump on the most common idea when all facts are not answered :thumb:
Wouldn't the blotches be on top leaves? :peace: If LED.

I have let some of my plants grow right up and touch the LED pods or T5 Led tubes. Any new growth that touched the lights sometimes burned and did not look like that. Occassionally the burned area would not show up for several days, even after the distance between plant and light was increased.

I can't place what those leaf blotches could be caused by but I doubt that it was lighting. Maybe a plant virus or a fungus of some kind?

He said it was new damage.
What happened to the O. P.
The original poster signed up Tuesday, posted this msg and has not been back since.

Could that be from nutes dripping on leaves during watering?
I personally have never seen nutrients do that. Anybody else?

I personally have never seen nutrients do that. Anybody else?
No, and I have watered all kinds of plants during the day and I have not seen burn spots show up either on any of those plants. I have seen drops of dew form on leaves and then the sun rises and no burn marks show up. It rains during the day and the clouds clear and the sun is back out and no burn marks show up.
Just curious what happens if someone who smokes touches a leaf?
Supposedly the tobacco in a cigarette or cigar might have tobacco mosaic virus on it. Then the virus gets on the persons hands and is transferred to the leaves of the plant. There are symptoms of TMV that will look just like what happens to marijuana plants when insects, especially broad and Russett mites, infest the growing tips of the plants.

Since the original poster has not returned we cannot find out if he or she sprayed the plant for a problem.

Just curious what happens if someone who smokes touches a leaf?
Well your hands are dirty thats the first one. Tobacco has a virus called Tobacco Mosaic Virus that can be passed from your hands to the plant.

Kinda like covid-19

Something we should all be doing more of. Wash your hands and save a life.

The life you save may be your own or your plant.

Been away but back now. I believe that the blotching was from droplets on the leaves from feeding as it has not spread further. The leaves were removed a couple of days after the initial post and I have been a lot more careful when feeding.

In an effort not to further kill the plants, as some have mentioned, I started watering with no nutrients and then with nutrients every second watering. This resulted in a lighter coloring and speckling of the leaves so I slightly increased the ratio's of the measures as mentioned in the original post.

They have become a lot thirstier lately and am now watering every second day (maybe I do need to repot) and I now have the nutrient ratio's at twice that mentioned in the original post as the leaves seem to be healthier with the increased levels.

Thinking I will soon change the lighting schedule to trigger flowering, probably some time over the next 2 weeks unless my feeding schedule kills them beforehand. I am now following a philosophy of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and just have to be careful I don't get any nutrient lock.

So now one month after the original post I have the following.

IMG_6023.JPG

Back
Top Bottom