Leaf curl problem looking for help

robinray649

420 Member
I posted some of this on the intro section and thought I would ask here also. I am having a problem with leaf curl trying to do the taco thing. I don't know the strain as it was just some seeds that my youngest son had. I originally started out using MG. Some thought that could be my problem so I replanted using 50-50 MG and plain potting soil. The temp is 87 and the humidity is 57%. I am using cfl lights in this grow. I just got my CK variety pack but wanted to get a handle on the leaf curl before planting any of my CK seeds. Any help is very much appreciated. In the photos you can see the temp and humidity. I am looking for any input as I don't want to waste my CK seeds trying to figure out what the heck is my problem. The ph is 7. If more info is needed then let me know.

I looked in your gallery. I don't believe it's heat stress. Possible severe nutrient toxicity from the soil? At any rate, they are sure not feeling well. I'm not sure what- the pics are a little blurry. Leaves appear to be covered in some white substance but it could be the photography.
When you are posting a reply click on the 'my photos' link at bottom left. Click on the photos you want posted.

The white dust is sevin dust. My youngest son brought in a plant that had about a billion tiny nats. I have not added any nutes to it. The MG had the nutes so I mixed it with plain potting soil when it was suggested that the MG maybe had to much for seedlings. I am pretty baffled by this. I have raised the lights and lowered the lights, changed the watering schedule, and even spoken loving words to her and still it curls. I will try to lower the ph in hopes that makes a difference. Thanks

Miracle grow has a horrible reputation for growing cannabis, and that could be the main factor. It's hard for a plant to turn around after nutrient burn- it's a much reduced and injured plant -from its roots up to its leaves, and often still having to to deal with the original nutrient problem with much less resources.

I would not start any seeds until you have your environment under control. Your temps are pretty high. I would shoot for high 70's optimally with lights on. When growing in soil, ph does not need to be checked. The soil acts as a buffer. I don't see nutrient burns. Looks more like a heat problem. Water properly by comparing how heavy the pot is after watering to when it becomes light again. Just remember, none of the other details like soil, nutrients, lights or, even watering schedules matter if your growing environment is not correct.

Well as a follow up to the leaf curl problem I think I have proved to myself that the problem was actually the MG I was using. I uploaded more pictures to show the change in the plant. I transplanted it again using a mix of 2 cups peet and 1 cup MG. Did this until I had enough to fill the pot and then replanted. If you look at the latest pictures you can see the plant now looks pretty healthy. It is about 6 to 10 inches high. The lower most leaves are still curled but the rest are looking pretty normal. There is also renewed growth where the older curled leaves feel off. Now I am becoming a happy camper.

I know I wouldnt ever smoke part of a plant that had sevin dust put on it. Thats just me though. As far as "when growing in soil you never need to check the pH"..... Thats not the case period. If growing 100% organic then maybe.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom