leaf curling

sed360

the leaves on one of my white widow's has started to curl up what could this be from ? and how can i keep the temp down in my tent as i'm running a 600w light and have a rvk 5inch fan and carbon filter running the light is on a 16 hour with the fan on all the time but can't get the temp to drop to 25degres! please help :thanks:

Hoi
Do you use an oscillating fan? you could try usin one that oscillates between the bulb and the canopy.
If you dont use one you should invest in one, it gives stronger stems and keeps air from stagnating around the leaves.

:peace:

you live in california but you use celcius? anyway, the fan between the light and the canopy is an excellent idea, best way to keep the blades moving instead of cooking under the light!!

I have probs with curling too. any advice greatly appreciated.

Well hello there homies, long time reader, first time writer. All you guys seem really cool and helpfull so I thought I'd pick the brains of you knowledgable folk.

I started 1st grow just over a week ago with some feminised WW's that I got from the web. think i have problems already. She has 4 main leaves and about 10 small ones so far but the bigger they get the more they curl down inwards towards the stem. dont look right.

I am using a 125w CFL 6500k and 2 crappy 13w CFL's. Growing in a closet by the way so temp is fairly constant.

Checked and ph is about 6.5. think thats ok. been giving her pure mineral water and have tried not to over do it. only watered twice since germ (1 wk old now). wondering does she maybe need nutes already. the soil says it can sustain growth for up to 5 weeks though. leaves also slightly yellow at tips. maybe its too much stress. Had to move because the missus doesn't approve. meant i changed from 24/0 to 18/6 2 days ago.

If more info needed for diagnosis let me know. I'll post a pic as soon as i can. Till then..........

Very confused
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

your and inspiration to me. all of you.

here's a pic of the prob leaves
DSC000942.JPG

think it might be stress but not sure. hope it doesn't turn her male. is she likely to recover??

as long as you get new growth, the plant is still growing. the soil you have probably has some nutes in it that will sustain growth while it is a seedling.

couple questions:
1. how much water did you give them when you watered them both times? doesn't seem like 2x in one week is bad, but it depends on how much it was.
2. how close are the lights to the plants? CFLs are supposed to be about 2-3" away from the plant. plant leaves can curl and yellow or burn in spots b/c of lights too close.
3. you said the temp. was pretty constant, what temp. is that?

stress can cause hermies, but from what i've read and my own personal experience(which is limited), the plant won't be entirely hermie. i had a plant that just had a couple of buds with seeds. all of the top buds and the main cola were seedless, just a couple of the lower buds.

here's a good link that will help you identify and fix some common problems that you'll run into: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

good luck with the grow!!

thanks for the pointers mate. probably got about 50mls in total. they are about 2" from light and temp is about 72.

had a power cut though and also had to change the grow room. god damn disapproving girlfriends. stress for me and the plant!!

I have probs with curling too. any advice greatly appreciated.

Well hello there homies, long time reader, first time writer. All you guys seem really cool and helpfull so I thought I'd pick the brains of you knowledgable folk.

I started 1st grow just over a week ago with some feminised WW's that I got from the web. think i have problems already. She has 4 main leaves and about 10 small ones so far but the bigger they get the more they curl down inwards towards the stem. dont look right.

I am using a 125w CFL 6500k and 2 crappy 13w CFL's. Growing in a closet by the way so temp is fairly constant.

Checked and ph is about 6.5. think thats ok. been giving her pure mineral

water and have tried not to over do it. only watered twice since germ (1 wk old now). wondering does she maybe need nutes already. the soil says it can sustain growth for up to 5 weeks though. leaves also slightly yellow at tips. maybe its too much stress. Had to move because the missus doesn't approve. meant i changed from 24/0 to 18/6 2 days ago.

If more info needed for diagnosis let me know. I'll post a pic as soon as i can. Till then..........

Very confused
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

your and inspiration to me. all of you.

I have the same problem with curling also and i have good circulation in my room you can check out my grow journal but i dont know how to make it a links page at the bottom but it is labeled Ghs great white shark and Big bang. Check it out and compare and see if it is the same.

any info please advise...

Back
Top Bottom