Leaf droop - Watering - Nutes - Or root bound?

ItWas

Hi guys, just wondering if i could get a wee bit of advise regarding the state of one of my plants.

Strain is called Easy Bud - its a mostly Indica Auto. about 5 weeks old now.
Soil grow under 160W LED light, grown in a fridge. air intake and exhaust fans.
Temps 27- 30C
PH run off last time was 7.9
was using a tomato nute but have switched to Biobizz bloom now its started to flower.

Th problem is the drooping of the leaves. I think it may have been because i left it in a small pot too long and the roots got bound but Ive had a good read through the forum and the symptoms seems to be the same as a number of different problems such as under/over watering & nute deficiency/ toxicity.

DSC_3794.JPG

DSC_37961.JPG

20171024_130402.jpg

its the one in the small pot on the left in this pic from before i re-potted (old light too)

I tried to let the soil dry completely before watering again.
I tried flushing the soil.

now im just wondering if i should try and give it a load of Nutes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies if i have missed anything.

thanks

ok thanks. im just waiting for a soil ph meter to arrive so will hopefully be able to check that. Im the mean time i read somwhere on here that you can add teaspoon or 2 of white wine vinegar to your water to help bring down ph levels, any thoughts on that?

Oh never heard of the wine vinegar thing, how did you know the run off was 7.9 the last time? Meantime is there no rain water about that will be around 6 p.h. . of course adding the biobizz will alter the p.h. and one needs to then p.h to desired level before adding, apart from the issue looks v. healthy. regards

i used a PH pen (just a cheap one off amazon) to measure the run off i collected. I thought it was quite high but it was after the first use of biobizz so i thought that maybe that was down to it?

Further reading through the forum has lead me to another rookie mistake ive made. When i first planted these seeds my perlite hadnt arrive so i just used some vermiculite thinking it was essentially the same think but smaller. When i repotted i forgot about the perlite and used more vermiculite. Now i have read that perlite and vermiculite are almost the opposite of each other and that verm will hold moisture.

I know it was probably a bad idea but i decided to remove the plants from thier pots and add a load of perlite to the bottom and mix, replanting them. I know that repotting autos is a bad thing , especially during flower, but the bottom of the soil in the pots was so wet i felt that they would probably rot at the roots anyway, time will tell.

Ok so i haven't watered this plant for a few days now and the soil is very dry on top and my meter shows as 1 out of 10 at the bottom. the leaves haven't perked up any that i can tell. soil PH is around 6.7. Should i water now or wait until leaves pick up?

also some of the fan leaves on my other plant are going yellow from the bottom upwards, ive seen the charts and read the problem solver and suspect its too little Nitrogen, can someone confirm this? they are about 2 weeks into flower autos.

help greatly appreciated thanks

really... you think the temps are too high? just about everywhere else ive read says to let the pots dry out? anyway ive given them a good water today with a shot of mixed veg and bloom nutes as they look like they needed a kick of nitrogen.

so a few hours after the last feeding and watering , the Easy Bud has really started to perk up. the top leaves are reaching up and some of the lower levels are straightening out.

Don't know if it was the drying out, the veg nutes or a combination of both, but she looks to be recovering. fingers crossed.

heres a pic from this morning still looking droopy. camera battery has just died so will upload another shot later.
DSC_38151.JPG

ive also opened up one of the filters so more heat is vented but my humidity is 10 -15% and im having trouble balancing heat v humidity. currently 25C RH12%.

Quick update, hopefully a solution to my humidity problem. Fitted one of the fridge shelves back on and added a bit of water, some strips of towel soaking up the water in front of the intake fan. Currently 25C rh 40%
420-magazine-mobile1638908710.jpg

It could be a bit of wind burn from the back fan. But they look wilted. I would hit them with a recharge type drench. And give those poor things a drink. You should be watering daily or every other day in flower. Imho.

Back
Top Bottom