Leaf edges whitening & drying

SHOGUN420

420 Member
Hi all, this plant is on day 14 and looked to be going strong up until this point however with the white tips as below I am n9te sure why this is happening with my setup.

Strain- sweet Valley kush
Age- currently 14 days
Light- Marshydro TS1000W hung at manufacturers recommendations at 24 inches above soil.
Nutes- none at current HOWEVER I have been top feeding with great white mycorrhizae with each water. In conjunction I have just added a half dose of Katana Roots which is recommended from day 1.
Watering- I weigh my pots dry weight vs wet so I'm fairly sure I'm consistent and not over/ under watering. Watered roughly 2 to 3 times a week.
Soil/ medium- Biobizz light mix.
Temperature- always between 19 to 23 degrees Celsius.
Humidity- for the 18 hour light cycle RH is 65% to 70% and during the 6hour dark cycle the RH will drop to 50% as I turn off my humidifier and slow extraction fans.

Other than that I think these girls ha e the perfect environment with CO2 bags etc, I'm at a loss to this issue, please share your experience.

20220413_093745.jpg

Hi all, this plant is on day 14 and looked to be going strong up until this point however with the white tips as below I am n9te sure why this is happening with my setup.

Strain- sweet Valley kush
Age- currently 14 days
Light- Marshydro TS1000W hung at manufacturers recommendations at 24 inches above soil.
Nutes- none at current HOWEVER I have been top feeding with great white mycorrhizae with each water. In conjunction I have just added a half dose of Katana Roots which is recommended from day 1.
Watering- I weigh my pots dry weight vs wet so I'm fairly sure I'm consistent and not over/ under watering. Watered roughly 2 to 3 times a week.
Soil/ medium- Biobizz light mix.
Temperature- always between 19 to 23 degrees Celsius.
Humidity- for the 18 hour light cycle RH is 65% to 70% and during the 6hour dark cycle the RH will drop to 50% as I turn off my humidifier and slow extraction fans.

Other than that I think these girls ha e the perfect environment with CO2 bags etc, I'm at a loss to this issue, please share your experience.

20220413_093745.jpg
Good morning @SHOGUN420 welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Cute lady. :thumb:
It looks she got a little nute burn from hot soil as a baby.
But she also looks hungry now.
Do you have actual nutrients? myc isn't a nutrient though it is good for her.
And you might be overwatering, 2-3 times a week is a lot for a little girl.

Check this thread on watering
Here is one to introduce yourself and meet everyone.

Stay safe
Bill

Bill thanks my guy, you're a legend. The hot soil issue, do I just leave it now and it will correct itself. Re nutes, I have actual nutes, I have Shogun full nutrient lineup which il show a pic of the schedule below. To date I have only added katana roots. with the next water il feed them using the schedule. I'm just super worried to burn these girls.

This week I watered on Friday and Tuesday so twice only this week..

Lastly I have also attached some photos of her sisters which are of same age and in the same environment. Strain may vary between sweet Valley kush and velvet moon

Thanks again

Screenshot_20220403-223354_Samsung Internet.jpg

20220413_105835.jpg

20220413_105842.jpg

Bill thanks my guy, you're a legend. The hot soil issue, do I just leave it now and it will correct itself. Re nutes, I have actual nutes, I have Shogun full nutrient lineup which il show a pic of the schedule below. To date I have only added katana roots. with the next water il feed them using the schedule. I'm just super worried to burn these girls.

This week I watered on Friday and Tuesday so twice only this week..

Lastly I have also attached some photos of her sisters which are of same age and in the same environment. Strain may vary between sweet Valley kush and velvet moon

Thanks again

Screenshot_20220403-223354_Samsung Internet.jpg

20220413_105835.jpg

20220413_105842.jpg
At that young age even 1/2 strength nutrients to start will help.
Until she builds a better root structure then increase to full strength.
Mix your nutrients then set your ph to 6.3 then feed.
Let them dry dry dry then plain water at 6.3.
Dry Dry Dry then feed again.
Follow this cycle.
F,W,F,W...... with a dry cycle in between.
Gradually increasing nutrients until full strength according to the feed schedule.
Keep up the good work my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Nice looking little plants. They appear to be healthy and off to a good start.

The first photo shows the white areas on one side of the plant and the other side looks normal. My first thought is a possible early stage wind burn. Past experience with wind burn shows that it will appear randomly on the side of the plant that is close to the fan or stronger air flow. Some leaf tips, edges and surface areas are more sensitive so it does not show up in the same pattern on each plant every time it happens. Light burn is a similar looking color.

Below is a photo of wind burn on one of my plants. I saw it starting and let it continue for several more days before moving the plant out of the way. For plants that I cannot move out of the way I will turn about a 1/4 way around every couple of days. That exposes a new side of the plant and lets the side that was exposed recover without the damage showing up.

Just my thoughts.

Thank you so much brother man, appriciate you.

That would make sense as all plants showings white tips towards fan. I have now rotated and tuned down fan although it must be noted the fan was already very low and the girls were barley dancing.

One thing I find interesting is your image shows clawing tips upwards where as mine are downwards?

Perhaps a better photo of the issue shown below.

Will keep an eye on it.

Screenshot_20220413-134508_Gallery.jpg

That would make sense as all plants showings white tips towards fan. I have now rotated and tuned down fan although it must be noted the fan was already very low and the girls were barley dancing.
You do not need to turn the speed of the fan down. The air movement is good for the plant. Plus the air moving over the soil helps to reduce the chance of some insects and mildews. Just rotate the plants every other day or so.

One thing I find interesting is your image shows clawing tips upwards where as mine are downwards?
There is no pattern to how the plant shows when it is experiencing wind burn, or light burn for that matter. The color of the damaged area is the clue and not the leaf tips.

The direction of the point could have been caused by other problems. Being a "plant abuser" I have deliberately let problems develop so I can see what they look like and then try to figure out what solves them.:)

A day later and it seems to be getting worse. If it continues shall I cut the leaf off?

20220414_171344.jpg
No don't cut off any foliage.
It's still working.
She needs that energy.
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Going to have to keep watching. If the whitening of the those tips and along the edges continues then that knocks out my theory of what I am seeing. It has only been a day so it might be finishing drying out.

I never paid any attention to how much or long it took after the marks showed on my plants till the damage stopped spreading. Do remember that the white areas never went away and the rest of the leaf stayed green and I did not cut them off until sometime while flowering or at harvesting.

They look too wet to me, you getting a good dry on them? I'd et them go to almost wilt then just do ph'd water for a feed or two. I use vinegar to lower my ph. 6.3 is nice but if I can get 7 im happy. CHeers, good luck!:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom