Leaf problem from excessive N?

Grandma Weedstein

This is the only one of my plants with exactly this weird problem, where the leaves are overall perky enough but the very tips take a sharp downward turn.

I’m assuming this is from excessive nitrogen? That’s at least what I’ve assumed in the past. Weirdly, other plants fed with same light organic fertilizer and transplanted into same non-hot soil don’t have this issue. If this one’s oversensitive, might be a candidate for culling.

5373EC7B-0F36-4FAE-816F-66E8E628C351.jpeg

This is the only one of my plants with exactly this weird problem, where the leaves are overall perky enough but the very tips take a sharp downward turn.

I’m assuming this is from excessive nitrogen? That’s at least what I’ve assumed in the past. Weirdly, other plants fed with same light organic fertilizer and transplanted into same non-hot soil don’t have this issue. If this one’s oversensitive, might be a candidate for culling.

5373EC7B-0F36-4FAE-816F-66E8E628C351.jpeg
Excess nitrogen makes your leaf very dark green.
5783AE9B-412D-4C36-853E-DF44FF9457E9.jpeg

What fertilizer are you using? This looks more like a deficiency.

Excess nitrogen makes your leaf very dark green.
5783AE9B-412D-4C36-853E-DF44FF9457E9.jpeg

What fertilizer are you using? This looks more like a deficiency.
I’m using a very diluted organic fertilizer called Grow. I’ve been loath to apply the full dose because these are barely a month old. Should I try going half-dose?

Back
Top Bottom