Leaf Problem Please Help!

Cannabliss89

So I have two clones, I set them up the same way with the same soil and the same pot, they are just about a week apart in age. I'm using Fox a Farm Ocean a Forest soil mixed with some Perlite and I haven't used any nutrients yet. Since my tap water has a ph of 7.8 I add some white distilled vinegar to my tap water in order to bring the ph down to 6.2 - 6.5ish. my newest clone is my Grand Daddy Purple and its showing some discoloration on the leaves and some leaves are curling sideways. It's weird because my other plant hasn't shown any of these symptoms.
When I purchased the clone it had one small brown spot on it and over the past couple weeks they have popped up in more places and the discoloration seems more pronounced. Also does anyone know why some leaves curl sideways like that? I'm going camping in a few days and really need to fix what I can before I leave or I'm afraid it will get worse, I'll have someone water when I'm gone but they don't know how to grow.
Should I do a flush? I'm stumped. My other clone doesn't seem to be showing any of the same symptoms and I've done everything the same so far. Please help any advice would be appreciated!

Here's the GDP I'm talking about
image24724.jpg

image24725.jpg

image24727.jpg

image24730.jpg

Anyone know what the problem is? is it some sort of deficiency?

This is my other plant
image24597.jpg

image24596.jpg

maybe the soil is a tad hot for the clones, has it got built in nutes or any thing as the second plant is showing a slight nute burn on the tips , also the top picture i would trim off that ugly big out of place leaf and snip the leaves in half ,
some strains do better than others not all the same

Yea Nutty Professor, that's what I was thinking the problem was. I've heard the Fox Farm Ocean Forest can be a little hot and high in nutrients for seedlings and clones. I think since it's a different strain, the GDP is just having a harder time adjusting to the soil and the nutrients. And yes I agree with snipping that leaf off, as you can tell from the pic I had already snipped off a single leaf that had the same problem, now the leaf next to it has the same problem. perhaps I should just remove that whole little three leaf set because it shoots off to the side and is one of the lower leaf sets. I have been hesitant in removing leave because I heard it can stunt the plants growth after transplant, how long does the transplant stage last? its been a few weeks now, would you say they are fully adjusted to their new surroundings?

Also you mentioned snipping the leaves in half? I've bought clones that have had half snipped leaves but have never known why. Can someone explain to me the benefit of half snipping them instead of removing completely? Is the idea to cut off the brown spot and leave the rest of the healthy half of the leaf so it grows back quicker?

Back
Top Bottom