Leaf Problems on my indoor plants. @ 9000' Rocky Mtns.

davduggie13

Hi
IMG_9813.JPG
IMG_9810.JPG
I have this leaf prob on my indoor white widows and rhinos. little white specks, (1)I've scoped it but see nothing alive. could it be soil, 2d grow with this soil, water ph, etc. Fertlizer? seems to be happening on all my plants. Anyone know any cures?

(2) Final flower stage ww and wr have many small dried yellow and brown bud leaves. growing under 600-1000w air cooled lites bout 12" below, temp 85-90, hum 40-50%.
My outdoor ww wrs are doing great, no spots, same water ph 6-7.

Any advice will help.
White_Rhino19.JPG
Flower_fr_White_Widow.JPG
Outdoor_Grow_9000_.JPG

World Peace, Inner Peace
Brothers and Sisters

The first two pics look very much like Thrip damage. They are very small, and very hard to actually see them. If you examine a leaf that is damaged, on the underneath side, you might see one. They can be translucent, white, light brown to dark brown (usually at the stage you are at they are translucent to white).
Image221.jpg

There are several good ways to get rid of them, but usually takes several treatments. And any method you use will most likely damaged the buds or at the least slow their growth. Then you also need to worry about mold from spraying at a late stage. I usually would spray at lights off, and increased the internal air movement with more fans. All to try to get it dried up.

HTH

Thank You for info! I've looked with a 50-100x scope, but I don't see anything alive, or moving. I don't see anything on underside. Leaves are curling under. all my indoor plants have these white specks, Some in mid flower stage, and others that are in early veg. Do you think changing Fertilzer can help?

What is a treatment for thrips?

Do you recognized any of the other pics of the yellow, brown dried bud leaves, on my white widows and rhinos? Is it normal?
White_Rhino19.JPG
Flower_fr_WR.JPG
Flower_fr_White_Widow.JPG

What is a treatment for thrips?

SNS makes a great spray for mites, but I couldn't see anything specifically for thrips.

I used a home made spray. Mixed tobacco, garlic, and soap. 10 ciggs, two crushed cloves of garlic, and 2 tbl spoons of safe soap (not sure the name we used but an old hippie brand of organic soap), in a gallon of pH water.

The first two pictures to me show thrips. I looked to see if I had any pics from my infestation, but they most of been in the group I lost last year.

I'm not a long time grower, nor any kind of expert, but I' have had thrips. The rest of your plant I would assume if the results of the infestation.

The first two pictures are also of some fan leaves, but the other pictures of the plants don't show any fan leaves... ??

Hey,

Thanks for info and the home recipe. Another issue I'm having is odor, seeping into the apt next door. Someone recommended Ona Gel, but I'm not for sure if it is healthy, to put an open jar of this stuff in same room with plants?

Do you know of any thing that might solve this prob, I can use in same room?

Thanks!

Davoid.

Hey,

Thanks for info and the home recipe. Another issue I'm having is odor, seeping into the apt next door. Someone recommended Ona Gel, but I'm not for sure if it is healthy, to put an open jar of this stuff in same room with plants?

Do you know of any thing that might solve this prob, I can use in same room?

Thanks!

Davoid.

Ona gel is quit safe to use around plants, animals and non-human aliens. I use it because when I open the closet door, the whole room starts to stink up in late harvest. Once that happens, the wife knows when I'm working on the garden. Not that it is a problem, but she always wants to harvest before it is ready.

I've got an outdoor plant I'm growing for seeds, how do I know when they are ready?

Ready for seeds or harvest to smoke?

I would think if you are growing for seeds, then let it go until it is about dead, but I've never grown for seeds.......

Thanks for Info! A couple more ?s abt harvest time?

(1)My plants trichromes are turning amber, but I have many green large fan leaves a few are turning yellow. Is girl ready?

(2) Can I use same soil again after harvest, if so, how many times? I'm using 5gal buckets.

Neem products at low level mixtures, That is thrip.
The brown in is the bud is n def with thrip root damage and past due harvest, trim it out meticulous and then cure.
You would have seed pods by now developed.
No on soil re-use.
Oh and you have to clean everything, like with bleach, to keep the problems from reoccurring between harvests.

If this is thrip what do you use to treat. these plant leaves are curling very much. The plants are showing some amber trichromes, is it ok to harvest without treating?:peace:

Back
Top Bottom