Leaf problems

Maer

I have lots of problems turning up with my leaves. It may be heat stress or low humidity, average temps are peaking about 81-82 sometimes but mostly under 80. Humidity it around 35 even with a humidifier. I have an oscillating fan and an exhaust fan with carbon filter. 10x 2' T5HO and 2x4' T5HO side lighting. 180w Advanced LED, waiting on 180w GLH for the other side. Leaves have brown spots, don't know why. Have top dressed with 3/4 cup dolomite lime in the 3 gal pots. Had some Mg / Cal defficient plants and treated them with Epsom foliar and Cal / Mag which I add ad 1 tsp / gal to every watering. I am using FF organic trio (Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom). These plants were in need of watering at the time. Checked for bugs and found none.

P10101792.JPG
P10101782.JPG
P10101772.JPG

P10101891.JPG
P1010185.JPG
P10101843.JPG
P10101833.JPG
P10101822.JPG
P10101811.JPG
P10101801.JPG
P10101761.JPG
P10101743.JPG
P10101731.JPG
P10101702.JPG

well
tips burned, to much food
droopin plant- soil looks dry very dry- if still heavy and looks this dry look for root rot.
do you have the plants blown around by fans? if so, how forceful?
new leaf curls usually because of stress. no bugs right?
how long in 12/12? some plants show bud signs in veg. others wait long into the first month. depends on strain.
whats the neut. strength and ph your runnin at
soil what type? what temp is the root zone? my plants are always off the ground!!!!!! 1 plus feet the more the better. lower the plant as it grows. if its cold supply a heat blanket for plants to keep root zone warm and rockin!! this is where you get vigor. if the roots are not a bright white you have some bigger problems. not faital but a prob. that needs found and repaired.
im a disabled guy havin to grow his own after brain surgery was not effective. a different world ive entered! ive been growin for many yrs and have found many different ways to make cannabis grow more effectivly!
i use one 430 watt bulb, nothin special but quality! the key to good meds.
102_2827.JPG

peace

Can you move the fan to a different part of the room? Seems like to much Nitro to me, that is usually when leaves twist and curl. Flush them with just PH'd 6 water for the next watering and they should revive. 68camero always has great advice from what i have read...But get your room temp down to 70 - 75 F for a while. Good luck, Ladee

@68 I am using FFoF with a pH around 6.3 I feed according to the FF schedule once every other watering, full strength. I test my runoff and it is usually about 1600ppm with it comes through. Root zone runs about 70 or so they are on a shelf about 3ft off the ground.

Thanks for the help

all sounds good, theres something goin on. have u ever used these neuts. before?
how much run off on average? 1600 ppm thats the run off so the plant has taken even more off the top of that #. ive never ran a neut. more than 1200ppm. then again ive very little light. 430 watts in flwr rm.
ive got to run, walkin the dogs they are freekin out because they know we are going!
ill check back when i return.
peace

1600 is after going through the soil, so all the previous nute mix that dried will be in there. 1600 is actually really low run through washes away all the build up salts and stuff. My best guess is it is heat stress because of my T5 side lights.

your usin soil right?
now this is from what ive learned from experience. neuts. made from any minerals containing salt, will need special attention. especially in a soil based medium. because it takes much longer to flush once youve noticed your problem. do you know your ppm before you add the neuts to the plant? a neutrient like this requires regular flush of the medium. i personally do not like this method, to much work. to much can go wrong with little to no time to fix the problem. ive seen beautiful plants though!!!! its a preference thing. the more you learn the more you will apply and amaze yourself! its not easy but i would recomend it highly! the effects it has on my dibilitating pain is _______! well i cant find the words and now my eyes have welled up with tears. it works this good. ive narcotics here that i just hate, the drs. gave them to me. only reason i have them is because i can not keep myself in cannabis. the laws are very strict here and i need no more problems.
running a weak solution of your neut helps flush out the residual better than just water.
do you use a super thrive? its great for stress, things snap back much quicker!!!! highly recomend also!
ever smoked true organic bud? you know it in a second! taste smell effect all amplified. some more than others! very good but not all organics are the same!
peace

I just flushed the plant in this picture with 3.5 gallons of RO water 6.5 teaspoons of Sledgehammer, and 4 drops of superthrive. I soaked the soil, waited 10 minutes then slowly added the other 3 gallons. This is what it looked like before the flush:

P10101901.JPG
P10101911.JPG
P10101932.JPG
P10101961.JPG
P1010197.JPG
P1010199.JPG

Maer, I've noticed that a couple of my plants are suffering the same looking symptoms as yours. Like some of the leaves look chewed up or something with some browning on the leaves. When I was watering I noticed these tiny little bugs jumping up from the soil, very hard to see. When i looked closer I could see white things crawling in the soil and some were flying around a little bit.

So I had flushed these plants about a week ago, the symptoms did not go away. I transplanted them today into 3gal smartpots and the looked very rootbound to me, my question now is how long will it take for them to recover?

High Maer,

Unless you've been nibbling while you're working those girls, this looks like some kind of chewing has been going on:

P1010185.JPG

How rootbound were they? I've never done this to pot, but on trees and shrubs that are seriously bound up, cutting length wise down the root ball in a few places will stimulate new root growth.

:goodluck:

dont cut, more stress its stress enough.
is the damage from the fan and blowin the leaf material around?
the light green in the center of each new leaf is great.
how long ago was it transplanted?
it was lookin sick but looks a touch better now.
if its root bound dont rip at it if its in flwr rm. i place the plant on another container of soil or even hydro solution. without damaging the root ball i take the bottom off the existing pot mine are bags so its easy. then place the roots on the new medium being used, giving the roots somewhere to go and grow. with out the stress of transplanting!
peace

So here is the update. I removed the shelves from the grow closet, the plants were getting burn marks from the florescent side lights. I took the side lights off and mounted them on a 1x6 from the top. My thoughts are that the side lights were stressing the plants and the leaves above that folded in. They have been flushed with pH'd water and repotted in to 3gal smartpots. 2 Have turned out to be male, and were killed. Pics coming soon.

member, let em soak up the water there before adding more!!!
the pot of soil should be very light--very light!!! when its time to water! the leaf should reach for the light, reminds me of prayin.
peace

Back
Top Bottom