ScotianGold

Hi,

I have a Green Crack plant (indica dominant strain from Crop King Seeds) that is in its third week of flowering. It has something going on with its leaves. The lower ones are yellowing, "scabby", and shrivelling up. The rest of the leaves have tiny clear specks on them. Anyone know what this could be?

I'll try and post photos.

ScotianGold

We just had a question like this in which I got schooled about what leaves infested with thrips looks like. I have been doing some reading on the subject since, and "leaves have tiny clear specks on them" is ringing a bell.

Have a look at the thread and see what you think: Please help - What is this

ECD915DB-0F21-48C9-AF5D-DF52B8B9A207.jpeg
D44B7E81-DDC0-4F1D-AC46-377B46E41AA8.jpeg

Here's two photos of the problem. Here's the soil I'm using:

1119EF09-ED37-4A54-BF3D-467D7818D04B.jpeg

I have not fertilized with anything yet, and am just using plain tap water. My soil is moist, but I really don't think I'm overwatering. I've only watered 3 times since I've started the plant.

I thought it was bugs at first, because it almost looked like flea beetle damage (they hit a few of my crops out in the vegetable garden), just not as severe, and no holes right through the leaves. I checked all over the plant, and under the leaves, but didn't see any bugs. I will scour them again though, see if I can hunt any down. Thanks for the info.

Yellowing on lower leaves like that is common at flowering. If it were my grow, I'd give it some fertilizer for what looks like a little bit of a nitrogen deficiency (i.e. mobile nutrients moving out of older leaves because of deficiency). Just a guess. It doesn't look bad.

If you want to stay organic, I guess you could mix up some chicken manure tea or something and hit it with that. I'm not an organic guy so that's beyond my ken.

Awesome, thanks. I'll give it a shot of blood meal for the nitrogen and keep an eye on it. I like to go organic when I can, but I'll try a bit of conventional fertilizer if it doesn't start coming around. I Googled some images of thrip damage and it looks very similar to what I have. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom