Leaf taco - Warping?

Stonersaurus

Hi, i am a first time grower and i have some issues with the leafs but i cant resolve the problem.

My set up consists of the following:

5" INTAKE FAN
5" EXHAUST FAN
OSCILLATING TOWER FAN
AIR CIRCULATING FAN
400W MH VEG BULB SUSPENDED ABOUT 60CM (2FT) ABOVE PLANTS
ROOT NURSE 8L FABRIC POTS
BIOBIZZ ALL MIX SUPPLEMENTED WITH BIOGROW FERTS
1M X 1M X 2M GROW TENT

TEMP LIGHTS ON: 29/30C
TEMP LIGHTS OFF: 20/21C

PLEASE COULD SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME WITH THEIR WISDOM.

THANKS!!

20160802_202624.jpg
20160802_202618.jpg
20160802_202611.jpg
20160802_202606.jpg
20160802_202559.jpg

I do not see a problem with tacoing leaves.. i see leaves that are experiencing uplift and transpiration. I see a reasonably healthy plant, possibly over watered a bit, but so far so good. I do not see heat stress. Actually, if your plant was able, it would lift up even further and the leaves would taco even more, and even ridge up. This is healthy and indicates extreme uplift of water and maximum pressure in the stem. This only happens at the end of a wet/dry cycle though, when the plant is trying extra hard to get all of the water out of the soil, and at that point all the leaves are pointing up to the light, and taco'ed.

Now, if your leaves canoe... that is a problem. canoeing usually indicates heat stress. You are not there. It is ugly. Your plants are actually beautiful. Congratulations... let them dry out more between waterings, but congratulations... you are well on your way to a good harvest.

See that damaged leaf down low? It is screaming at me... your plant is either complaining about you watering too often (which I think is the case), or you are becoming rootbound and needing to up-pot soon, unless of course you just recently moved to those smart pots, then, nevermind. :)

Hi, i am a first time grower and i have some issues with the leafs but i cant resolve the problem.

My set up consists of the following:

5" INTAKE FAN
5" EXHAUST FAN
OSCILLATING TOWER FAN
AIR CIRCULATING FAN
400W MH VEG BULB SUSPENDED ABOUT 60CM (2FT) ABOVE PLANTS
ROOT NURSE 8L FABRIC POTS
BIOBIZZ ALL MIX SUPPLEMENTED WITH BIOGROW FERTS
1M X 1M X 2M GROW TENT

TEMP LIGHTS ON: 29/30C
TEMP LIGHTS OFF: 20/21C

PLEASE COULD SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME WITH THEIR WISDOM.

THANKS!!

20160802_202624.jpg
20160802_202618.jpg
20160802_202611.jpg
20160802_202606.jpg
20160802_202559.jpg

Hey Stoner....wow bud...i gotcha at post no. 1. First of all, a very warm welcome to the "mag". just so ya know....your plants there are very healthy by the look of them. Don't worry about that very minor twisting and mal formed early leaves. As you can see,...the new growth is very nice. My present crop of Lanny's did that too, as well as a lot of other grows too. They sort themselves out every time...just like yours are doing right now.They're OK,....no worries.
BTW , you've stumbled upon a very cool place here at 420 Mag. All the growers here will help you at every chance and have their egos in storage here. The most amazing thing here is....as growers they are very good...as people they are much better....you'll see. May i suggest doing some reading of some of the DBHBB journals like Doc Bud's "In the Lab" and his HBQ & A thread. lots of very knowledgeable growers and extremely helpful...i guarantee it. Once again don't worry ...your girls look great...and welcome to the "Mag"...:high-five::bravo:

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Thanks for all your positive comments.

Yeah i believe they suffered a lot of heat stress as I couldn't get the temp down below 33°C few weeks ago due to my tent being in the loft.

I've now switched the lights to 12/12 so I'll upload some new pics shortly and if im doing/not doing anything right. Some pointers would be very appreciative.

As for the journals thanks for the recommendation. I'll be getting stuck into them for some quality input.

Sent from my E6853 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom