Leaf tip yellowing on top leaves of 1 month old White Widow fem

MisterEd

420 Member
In the past couple days one of my five white widow fems has started to develop tip yellowing on the new growth. The plants are 32 days old since ground break, this one about 11 inches tall with tight node to node growth; organic grow with occassional alternate feeds of compost and manure tea. They were transplanted about two weeks ago. Gave them a diluted manure tea 4 days ago. This is only plant showing this yellowing.

Would excess nitrogen cause this? Thinking about letting them go more dry before watering and stopping tea applications. Good air circulation, low 70s room temp, 30k lumens exposure.

thanks,

Mister Ed 0112200911_HDR-1.jpg

I'd tend to agree with MrSauga, sounds like your soil mix is on the hot side.

I don't grow full organic like this, but I'd say maybe just give them a break from the teas and anything else you're giving them.

eanTownFan420, post: 4778089, member: 328772"]
Looks like ph issue from the tea your feeding.Try flushing your containers with water 3 times the amount your containers hold wait a few days then feed with proper ph nutrients.Fresh water on your roots will wash away the bad stuff wet them good then wait.Make sure they can drip dry no standing water.
[/QUOTE]

Would you flush all the girls or just the one showing this sign?

If other plants aren't showing the same signs, I'd be inclined to leave them be for now.

OK guys. Figured out where I "screwed the pooch" with my girls. Went back and reread the label on the Dr. Earth commercial soil and realized I used nearly 3 times too much of this stuff. It has a high (4-5%) nitrogen content so the lyellowing on new growth and leaf tip downward curl and along the margins is the symptons for nitrogen burn.
I am flushing the crap out of them and hoping they forgive me for having my head up my ass. Lol

Went back and reread the label on the Dr. Earth commercial soil and realized I used nearly 3 times too much of this stuff.
This is the first we're hearing about commercial soil. I was under the impression you were using compost.

Back
Top Bottom