Leaf tips clawing twisting curling and touching

Eron

420 Member
Like the title implies, im seeing all these symptoms in various plants. I had the same issues a few weeks back, and started getting a deficiency issue where the middle of the plant, a few leaves would show a lighter green color becoming apparent in the middle of the leaflet in the shape of an arrow or point, and that pattern, repeated over the leaflets. This is shown in the first image, i assumed it was from calcium, or ph, so i began to fluctuate the ph as its been something id figure may help over time. Going from 5.8 to 6.2 at 0.1 ph change per day. I think this solved the issue slightly as i reached 6.0, i had also increased ppm by about 200 (950 total), and increased lighting a few days after, then this begins to show.

Now i am lost as i think too many things changed for me to pinpoint a cause in what ive only found online. I think there is actually nitrogen toxcity as well. I am going to leave them tonight and hope that the change in ph back to 5.8 and a bit lower on ppm and light will bring them back.

I assume i have multiple issues and a few culprits floating around in my head, but any insights on any of it would love to be heard

Attachments

• 20190702_093617.jpg
    20190702_093617.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190702_184421.jpg
    20190702_184421.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20190702_184729.jpg
    20190702_184729.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 45
I believe your problem is likely pH. You are doing hydro, not soil. Grain of salt until someone more experienced chimes in.

Haha yeah thats the scale ive been going off of lately. I was thinking with higher ppm the deficient leaf would likely be caused by the raised ph since the nutrients are in there, although they can get out of proportion as transpiration happens as they absorb specifics. So i lowered the ph to see if there will be a visual difference in that tomorrow, but the other leaf symptoms..
I cant wrap my head around the cause, its like im overwatering heavily without even watering often, i know its got to be a dissolved oxygen issue in the reservoirs, but i did add stones, maybe i need to double that amount

Back
Top Bottom