Leaf turning red 2 weeks from harvest in auto grow

Joetown

420 Member
Leaf on superskunk auto is turning red
Funny situation - I'm on holiday and gf is taking care of the kiddies, was normally under 400w hps but switched to 2x 180w led ufo's so she didn't threat about leaving it and creating a fire and to save her some dosh on her bill
It's about 2 weeks from harvest I can tell from the crap snapchat pics. Their lifespan being 90-odd days
One leaf has turned red quite quickly just wondering if it's an issue or not
Take a peak at the others if you will I'm growing
Thunder bloody Mary
Auto critical man
Superskunk (the one in question)
Creme caramel
Og kush
All are autos
Make any comments on the others, iv tried battling their good health from my position
Please lemme know what you think
Screenshot_2015-08-17-11-01-52.png

Screenshot_2015-08-17-11-01-42.png

It could just be the genetics of the plant as sometimes this does happen towards the end of the flowering stage.

Or it could be a phosphorus deficiency (but wait for the other guys to comment as I may be wrong).
But if it is a phosphorus deficiency here is some help.
Solution to fixing a Phosphorus deficiency
Some deficiency during flowering is normal, but too much shouldn't be tolerated. Any chemical or organic fertilizers that have Phosphorus in them will fix a Phosphorus deficiency. If you have a phosphorus deficiency you should use any N-P-K ratio that is over 5.Again Peters all purpose 20-20-20 is a good mix. Miracle grow Tomato plant food, Miracle grow All purpose plant food (Only mixing at ½ strength when using chemical nutrients, or it will cause nutrient burn!) Other forms of phosphorus supplements are: Bone meal, which is gradual absorption, I suggest making it into a tea for faster use, where bone/blood meal is slow acting, but when made into a tea it works quicker! Fruit eating bat guano, which is fast absorption, Worm castings, which is gradual absorption, Fish meal, which is medium absorption, Soft Rock Phosphate, which is medium absorption, Jamaican or Indonesian Guano, which is fast absorption. Crabshell, which is slow absorption. Tiger Bloom , which is fast absorption.

Here is a list of things to help fix a Phosphorus Deficiency.

Chemical

Advanced nutrients Bloom (0-5-4)
Vita Bloom (0-7-5)
BC Bloom (1.1-4.4-7)
GH Flora Bloom (0-5-4)
GH Maxi Bloom (5-15-14)
GH Floranova Bloom (4-8-7)
Dyna-Gro Bloom (3-12-6)
Fox Farm Tiger Bloom (2-8-4)
Awsome Blossums

Organic

Dr. Hornby's Iguana Juice Bloom (4-3-6)
Advanced Nutrients Mother Earth Bloom (.5-1.5-2)
Fox Farm Big Bloom (.01-.3-.7)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
Pure Blend Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Pure Blend Pro Bloom (2.5-2-5)
Buddswell (0-7-0)
Sea Island Jamaican Bat Guano (1-10-0)
Indonesian Bat Guano (0-13-0)
Rainbow Mix Bloom (1-9-2)
Earth Juice Bloom (0-3-1)
BIO BLOOM (2-6-3.5)
AGE OLD BLOOM (5-10-5)
ALASKA MORBLOOM (0-10-10)
METANATURALS ORGANIC BLOOM (1-5-5)

Any of these will cure your phosphorus deficiency. Affected leaves will not show recovery but new growth will appear normal.

Now if you added to much chemical ferts and or organics, (which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) You need to Flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.

I agree with NewbishGrower. The first thing that popped into my head was phosphorus deficiency.

I do not grow auto's. But with two weeks left the plant is going through a lot of changes very fast. So seeing one of the top leaves do strange things is not that unusual. They look like they are in good shape other wise.

If I had a plant in dirt looking like that at two weeks out. I would check the PH of the run off and if it was ok. I would keep an eye on it for four days and then give a good flush and just enough water after that to keep it alive till the end.

But like I say. I have not grown auto's.

I have been using Calmag and greenhouse short flowering which has low phosphorus. I'll tell the ol bird to pick up some nutes with a higher p reading and give them all a flush
PH has always been a steady 6.8 before I left so I'm not too worried about that
Thanks homiez

Back
Top Bottom