Leaf tips are curling down

Tenacious-B

The leaf tips are curling down on most of my plants. It's kind of hard to tell from this pic but they are also just a little yellower than they should be. The plants are being grown in soil and are currently in the vegetative state. They are under 18 hours of 1000 watt HPS. Any thoughts?

IMAG02788.jpg

Howdy! pH more than likely. How are you growing it, conditions help determine accurately whats going on.

I'm growing in soil amended with 20% pearlite. Temp is 76 when the light is on and 68 during the 6 hour off phase. I'm using water directly from the tap and I think the ph is around 6.8-7.0 but it's hard to tell because I'm using a ph meter that is not digital. Do you think that's too high?

Yes, I grew them from seeds and they were about 50 days when I took that pic. I'm using a 20-20-20 fertilizer currently. They get fertilizer about once a week.

bump.

Pics look similar to an outside grow currently. In soil as well with 2 types FFOF and Pro Mix HP and look green and healthy. Earth Juice and a HB comparison. I will get some pics up if I can. Every other watering they get feed water. I don't ph and know it is tap water in the 7.7 range which is high but run off comes out perfect. Curious.

The down curl....... toxic salt.
IF you didn't add too much nutes.... Humidity.
IF you have the temps right on, then it's aliens....

Here are a couple of pics that are similar and there are plenty of leaf curling threads so jumping in this one.

outdoor, soil, temps 90-100, 25gal containers, happening on multiple strains, pro mix/ high brix and ffof/earthjuice line. Tap water, no ph ing.

Thoughts?
0061076.JPG
012593.JPG

Every other day 1-2 gal mostly 1 gal and alternating feed/watering and letting them dry out occasionally. They are getting bigger so going to up it to 2 and it is still warm going to hit the 100s by Sat. I don't think it is overwatering but perhaps it is a possibility. They appear happy and the leaf curling is in both mediums in a side by side grow I am doing. It could very well be Ph as well but the soil should take care of that. Hard to get runoff to measure unless I give them a good soaking.

Thanks,

Any2

I had the exact same thing happening with my blue cheese and it just went away as the plants got bigger. Its called clawing and this is from high levels of Nitrogen. I wouldn't start making any sudden changes or at least not big ones. Its easy to make shit worse when you're trying to make it better. Just be aware of the issue and if it gets worse, consider a flush with 300-400 ppm of epsom salts. But I wouldn't worry too much, I got a good harvest from those clawed blue cheese babies!

Sorry, that last post was for the second set of pictures. The first pic is kinda pale for an abundance of Nitrogen.

No other signs of deficiency, nothing odd?

They could have also been thirsty, how big are they? Take a snap of the girl in her full self :)
I will get you a full pic soon. They are around 3.5 to 4 ft. Nothing else really seems odd or stands out and other than the curling they look healthy and having been packing it on lately.

The shade in the first pic make them look a darker green. I don't think they are thirsty as there is still moisture in the top levels of the soil but as I mentioned I am going up to 2 gal feed/waterings now that they are a bit bigger. Every other day the get water or a feeding so I am not sure.

All strains show this tendency and in both soils as well. Not going to do anything drastic but was wondering what they are telling me and what everyone thinks it could be.

Peace and thanks for the replies,

Any2

If your girls are more than a couple weeks into flowering and don't have major issues arising like multiple dead leaves every morning, I think you should be good. I feel that me being new to growing I would rather ride the problem out then apply a second problem on top of the first.

I have read this saying around this site too many times, and is now burnt into my brain..

"If it isn't broken, don't fix it"

But in your case, I would say pHing your water would be the best in this situation, a good flush with pH'd water could do her good.

:Namaste:

Agree....I just wanted to know what this condition might be for the future. A good flush with 25 gal container a bit of a pain. I checked run off this am and it came in good around 6.5 so that was in line.

A few pics sour diesels side by side duplicate picture settings of each.
009844.JPG
0051244.JPG
0061080.JPG
008943.JPG
0071023.JPG

I fed my plants the other day, totally forgetting to check my PH and this happened to a few plants. My water comes out of my tap at 7.0 but can drop below 5.5 with nutes added. I am sure this is caused from a PH issue. I was using PH test strips, but my new digital meter makes the world of difference.

Back
Top Bottom