Leafy bud problem

DarthFader

Hey all,

New member and novice grower here, so your patience and input is greatly appreciated!

I'm growing my first plant from a seedling I found randomly growing in my yard. It started about 6 weeks late into the growing season. I had to transplant it to somewhere a little more hidden from prying eyes, so it gets plenty of morning and midday sun, but shortly after lunchtime it goes into shade. Our summer temperatures can get quite hot (100F), but it's now tailing off into autumn and our super hot days are few.

My friends who grow are now starting to harvest, but my lady isn't quite ready yet.

My buds are fattening nicely, but there are loads of fan leaves growing out the buds. Is this a cause for concern? I realise it's probably too late to do anything about it, but should I maybe prune those?

Thanks so much!
20170402_135326_Medium_.jpg
20170402_135401_Medium_.jpg

Looking real good. I would leave them. Some strains are just a bit leafy, like the auto blue cheese from royal queen seeds. Maybe you will end up with a ton a sugar leaf to make edibles.

You will be fine. You can just remove them when you start trimming.

You may want to trim before hanging them for drying if you are worried about the amount of leaves. With more to trim its better to trim before drying since after they are dried the trichomes will fall off a little easier.

Back
Top Bottom