Leafy problems following my last feed

aprosjat

Guys,

I am still in the veg stage , growing a Scrog , following my last feed of nitrogen , I have 2 leaves that are showing speckles on them see below , did I give too much nitrogen or is this something else I need to look into , Humidity is 55% Temperature 25 degree in my Tent.

Thanks for any help provided!!!! :Namaste:

Hi. Did this appear overnight or over time? It looks like bite marks to me. This is what fungus gnats do. Look at the underside of your leaves for eggs, the soil for anything moving, or anything flying. Some pests are so small that you won't see them. They burrow inside your leaf and eat there way out.

This happened overnight following the feed the day before ! Looking under the leaves I can't see any eggs or anything.

There is nothing flying around in the tent , I have looked at the underside of the leaves with a magnifying glass but it looks clear only the discolouration .

I am thinking right off that this looks like a calcium deficiency... and that oftentimes is related to pH. Iron locks out above 6.5 in soil and that affects Ca uptake. If it is only at the bottom I say it is the beginnings of a magnesium deficiency since that element is semi mobile... but if it is appearing in mid plant or above too... im back to Calcium, a non mobile element.

I don't have any device to check the PH of the soil or water , think this is something I need to invest in , this has only appeared on the top leaves of my Scrog , the Nutrient line is a generic Plant food from the nursery here in the UK.

I removed the offending leaves and it only seems to have affected 1 of the 4 plants growing in the same space ( Tent )

If the damage is showing at the top of the plant in the new growth, then the deficiency is in one of the non-mobile nutrients, and almost always related to pH. I assume you are using generic bloom food for your plants, but all synthetic nutrients work the same way. They are locked up in a stable form inside a salt chemical bond, waiting for the right pH to break apart and supply those nutrients to the plant. If you are not in the proper pH range, this process will never occur and your plant will not see those nutrients you are supplying. I am not a fan of removing offending leaves... the only person being offended by them is you. Stop doing that, and use damaged leaves as a canary in the coal mine, to show you when you have fixed the problem causing them to wilt or lose color.
Get a method to check your pH on all fluids going in, whether it be plain water or water with nutes. Get that pH adjusted down to the low end of the 6.3-6.8 range every time, and I am sure you will get more out of your nutrients.
I suspect you also need to supply these plants with additional calcium and magnesium. If you can't get hold of some calmag where you are living, look into my threads (there is a link in my signature} and find my DIY Calmag+ project from egg shells. That stuff is worth its weight in gold in the cannabis garden. ---Emmie

Ok I have checked the PH of the soil and it is sitting at a PH of around 7 , which is too high Alkaline .
You simply do not understand. A soil pH of 6.8 -7 is totally normal and completely desirable to grow pot. The goal is to allow us to set the pH of our incoming fluids to 6.3 so that we start out on the low end of the pH RANGE for soil, picking up first the heavy metals that are mobile at those low pH levels. That soil is buffered to 7.0, so as the soil dries out it drifts the pH of the soil through the entire RANGE of pH, between 6.3-6.8, picking up each nutrient as it becomes mobile. Your soil is doing exactly what it was designed to do, to allow you to drift through that range. It is a good thing that your soil is at pH 7, for it indicates that there will be a strong drift in that soil. This was designed in so that you can grow great pot. Don't assume that it was a mistake to have your soil pH that high and one that you need to correct somehow.

Back
Top Bottom