Least aggressive insecticide to use?

keith1975

I bough "Biogrow Bioneem". It has an active ingredient "AZADIRACHTIN". They say it's fine to use, but I've read a few conflicting articles. Some say that it's bad. The manufacturers say it's fine.

Any thoughts on this chemical? I only have a few white flies that I want to stop before it becomes a problem. I want to avoid using chemicals as much as possible, and I've already added Basil Plants in the grow room to help ward off the white flies.

Should I use this insecticide? Is there something better?

Azadirachtin is derived from Neem oil and is generally accepted for use on Cannabis. It’s approved for commercial use in Oregon, for example, and I think they are strict. I use Neem but I don’t spray it on the flowers but it’s supposed to break down in two weeks and it’s not very systemic. I use Neem Meal on the soil surface sometimes too. It’s the same active ingredient. I do not believe it causes Hyperemesis.

You can use soap as an insecticide too. I am not sure if it works on whiteflies. And sticky strips too.

Cover your soil with a layer something, like LECA, so they can't lay their eggs in the soil.

The best organic way is to make sure the pest can't thrive, or have the pest's natural predator around ;)

Iam fairly sure that Azaractin is the cause of this alleged "cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome" that makes people puke their guts out.
Cannabis itself does no such thing and this malady never existed until right after Azamax hit the market.
And if you look at the symptoms of ingesting azamax it's the exact symptoms of Hyperemesis.

I would use Tweetmint and predator bugs

Sulphur in veg and pyrethrin in flowering if you're looking for effective, but completely safe, non-systemic means.

Back
Top Bottom