Least paranoid

Only bud that I can remember making me paranoid was the two pounds I had in my trunk when I broke down in a three-way intersection in a 5,000+ car and a cop showed up, lmfao. That one kind of sucked. "What, you'll stand back there and push?!? Uh, just push it with your car, because I'd hate for something bad to happen (to me ;) )."

I was also going to mention- from your comment in your second post about how you liked it when you were a kid.
When I started smoking in the 80's in BC I got only imported sativas -mostly Thai. I loved smoking.
We got a bit of Hawaiian bud and that was pretty good. Then people started raving about 'skunk' and the indicas started arriving. When I smoked that stuff I felt like crap. When the indicas took over the market in N America my whole pot smoking experience went for shit. Paranoia was a constant thing.
It wasn't till much later that I figured out what even happened- and what a sativa high is like vs an indica high. Started growing sativas and now I can smoke happily again.
Oh shit Weaselcracker I havnt laughed so hard in a while... You just described my last few times smoking, the only thing missing was " Oh crap how do I get home, I don't recognise any of these streets"( yet I drove them for years). Ya, that's what I'm trying to avoid. Well o.k. you are not the first to recommend a Sativa so I definitely will start looking at all Sativa's for my next grow. I'm 54 and back in the late 70s and early 80s is when I had fun smoking but I never made the connection either. I'll be honest, I havnt smoked in over 20 years, so I know I'll have to go easy, but I just don't want to take anymore pills to help my mind well let's just say ease out. Going to the veterans hospital for anything related to the mind is just asking for a handful of pills( and not the good ones either). That leaning tiger Thai strain you mentioned, where are they available? Hopefully they send to the states. Thanks for your recommendations, and the laugh.

I agree with Weaselcracker about when the indica showed up in US weed. I hated it in the early years. Now days I find I need that same put you on the couch weed. While I am smoking more indica's I am also working on finding the ones that are enjoyable to smoke. If I'm going to be dumb struck I prefer to do it with a smile on my face.

Oh shit Weaselcracker I havnt laughed so hard in a while... You just described my last few times smoking, the only thing missing was " Oh crap how do I get home, I don't recognise any of these streets"( yet I drove them for years). Ya, that's what I'm trying to avoid. Well o.k. you are not the first to recommend a Sativa so I definitely will start looking at all Sativa's for my next grow. I'm 54 and back in the late 70s and early 80s is when I had fun smoking but I never made the connection either. I'll be honest, I havnt smoked in over 20 years, so I know I'll have to go easy, but I just don't want to take anymore pills to help my mind well let's just say ease out. Going to the veterans hospital for anything related to the mind is just asking for a handful of pills( and not the good ones either). That leaning tiger Thai strain you mentioned, where are they available? Hopefully they send to the states. Thanks for your recommendations, and the laugh.

Whoops got busy and forgot I'd meant to get back and answer your question.
The Golden Tiger is from Ace Seeds. They breed some great strains- specializing in landraces Landrace Strains: What Are They And Why Are They Important? as well as some strains they've bred from killer landrace selections. Lots of great sativas.
The Golden Tiger was made from a female Thai pollinated by a male Malawi. But they've reworked the strain a bunch of times. Also it has a few natural phenotypes or variations.
The first one I grew was a lot like Thai bud. That's what I meant by Thai leaning. It smelt like Thai and the high was a happy Thai buzz- only better. I smoked it all ;). It's pretty much the holy grail high I'm looking for these days.
Then I grew three more GTs from a different Ace seed batch and they were all more like Malawi. Good but a little too speedy for what I wanted.
When I grew that first GT I pollinated it with a Thai strain I had growing at the time called Thai Stick. At least I'm 90% sure it was the TS that pollinated it- there was some other pollen flying around at the time.
Anyway I grew one of those seeds, harvested that plant a while back, and it's much closer to what I'm looking for- though I got ill and left it flowering two weeks longer than I normally would have- so maybe that's why it's just a little more spacy than I'd like. I put two more in to sprout. The quest continues...

Take a look through Ace's stuff and see if anything catches your eye. There's also a 420 sponsor called Canna Pot that has some good strains.

If you can find a good Thai strain you're probably off to a good start. Thai bud is a fairly uniform strain. The plant varies surprisingly little around different parts of Thailand, and is generally an uplifting happy buzz without too much speediness. Or look for an uplifting and happy sounding Thai cross- may be easier to find than a pure Thai and possibly even better.

That's some great info. Weaselcracker! As a matter of fact, I just bought some beans from the Seedman website, both from Dinafem. I bought Sour Diesel auto which is a cross between Sour Diesel and Haze 2.0 auto, I also bought Amnesia CBD auto, it has a THC content of 6%, and a CBD content of 12%. I'd like to know your option of the strains I picked. I noticed that on Seedmans site there are a lot of Thai strains also. So tell me what you think, I'd like to know.

That's some great info. Weaselcracker! As a matter of fact, I just bought some beans from the Seedman website, both from Dinafem. I bought Sour Diesel auto which is a cross between Sour Diesel and Haze 2.0 auto, I also bought Amnesia CBD auto, it has a THC content of 6%, and a CBD content of 12%. I'd like to know your option of the strains I picked. I noticed that on Seedmans site there are a lot of Thai strains also. So tell me what you think, I'd like to know
I agree with Weaselcracker about when the indica showed up in US weed. I hated it in the early years. Now days I find I need that same put you on the couch weed. While I am smoking more indica's I am also working on finding the ones that are enjoyable to smoke. If I'm going to be dumb struck I prefer to do it with a smile on my face.
So tell me Jackalope, which Indica's are you finding to be worthy of being couch locked. What are some of your favorites.

Whoops got busy and forgot I'd meant to get back and answer your question.
The Golden Tiger is from Ace Seeds. They breed some great strains- specializing in landraces Landrace Strains: What Are They And Why Are They Important? as well as some strains they've bred from killer landrace selections. Lots of great sativas.
The Golden Tiger was made from a female Thai pollinated by a male Malawi. But they've reworked the strain a bunch of times. Also it has a few natural phenotypes or variations.
The first one I grew was a lot like Thai bud. That's what I meant by Thai leaning. It smelt like Thai and the high was a happy Thai buzz- only better. I smoked it all ;). It's pretty much the holy grail high I'm looking for these days.
Then I grew three more GTs from a different Ace seed batch and they were all more like Malawi. Good but a little too speedy for what I wanted.
When I grew that first GT I pollinated it with a Thai strain I had growing at the time called Thai Stick. At least I'm 90% sure it was the TS that pollinated it- there was some other pollen flying around at the time.
Anyway I grew one of those seeds, harvested that plant a while back, and it's much closer to what I'm looking for- though I got ill and left it flowering two weeks longer than I normally would have- so maybe that's why it's just a little more spacy than I'd like. I put two more in to sprout. The quest continues...

Take a look through Ace's stuff and see if anything catches your eye. There's also a 420 sponsor called Canna Pot that has some good strains.

If you can find a good Thai strain you're probably off to a good start. Thai bud is a fairly uniform strain. The plant varies surprisingly little around different parts of Thailand, and is generally an uplifting happy buzz without too much speediness. Or look for an uplifting and happy sounding Thai cross- may be easier to find than a pure Thai and possibly even better.
Hey Weaselcracker, thanks very much, I found Ace seeds and it looks as though they do ship to the states, and I found the Golden Tiger. As soon as I get paid next month I'm buying some of those beans. I can't wait

Hey Weaselcracker, thanks very much, I found Ace seeds and it looks as though they do ship to the states, and I found the Golden Tiger. As soon as I get paid next month I'm buying some of those beans. I can't wait

Check what they say about the GT. And it's worth emailing to ask them for the kind of high you're looking for. I've done it before and they're usually very obliging.like I say- the GT has a few different incarnations and I found the Malawi leaning one to be less relaxing.

Also many 420 members have grown their strains, and with a little digging you can find reviews of most of them around here.

Does Seedsman still sell Mama Thai? If so grab it. It's very good. Easy to grow and a beautiful plant with a great high. I've been growing it and crosses of it for five or six years.

I haven't grown either of the strains you mention, and I don't grow autos. But I've yet to grow a strain from Dinafem that disappointed me.
The high CBD bud is quite relaxing and definitely worth a try. At least the stuff I've grown made me feel extremely calm. It did have some of the indica side-effects like munchies and slight cloudy hangover, etc. But no paranoia.

Grand Daddy Purple, Maple Leaf Indica, SAD from Sweet Seeds were great. Lately been smoking sativas for the less tired feel. Jarilla from ACE, old time Mexican is great. ACE Guatemalan was mellow. Sativa is nice in that it can leave you more functional and not drowsy later. Trippy too.

In my early days a indica would have been just the thing, there was none to be had. I had too much energy and did not care about getting stuff done. Now the sativa fits in better.

That's some great info. Weaselcracker! As a matter of fact, I just bought some beans from the Seedman website, both from Dinafem. I bought Sour Diesel auto which is a cross between Sour Diesel and Haze 2.0 auto, I also bought Amnesia CBD auto, it has a THC content of 6%, and a CBD content of 12%. I'd like to know your option of the strains I picked. I noticed that on Seedmans site there are a lot of Thai strains also. So tell me what you think, I'd like to know

So tell me Jackalope, which Indica's are you finding to be worthy of being couch locked. What are some of your favorites.

I've been all over the board lately. Still think the Purps cross i'm growing is my favorite for Indica.

Check what they say about the GT. And it's worth emailing to ask them for the kind of high you're looking for. I've done it before and they're usually very obliging.like I say- the GT has a few different incarnations and I found the Malawi leaning one to be less relaxing.

Also many 420 members have grown their strains, and with a little digging you can find reviews of most of them around here.

Does Seedsman still sell Mama Thai? If so grab it. It's very good. Easy to grow and a beautiful plant with a great high. I've been growing it and crosses of it for five or six years.

I haven't grown either of the strains you mention, and I don't grow autos. But I've yet to grow a strain from Dinafem that disappointed me.
The high CBD bud is quite relaxing and definitely worth a try. At least the stuff I've grown made me feel extremely calm. It did have some of the indica side-effects like munchies and slight cloudy hangover, etc. But no paranoia.
Yes Seedman does have MamaThai, but only in regular. Once I get a little better at growing and figure out what to do I'd mlike to try some regulars. Thanks for all your ideas, and everyone else that gave their thoughts, I appreciate it very much. I think at this point I just need to grow a few different strains and see which ones agree with .

I don't know mate back in the day for early/mid 90's it was all rockie, slate or soap bars for me... hay ho that was the UK back then & over the years heads off different generations tell another story ?

One of my early memories of smoking weed was thia stick god darn stuff made me feel so paranoid i just had to leave the room, to me it was not a social buzz but to get on with stuff /stimulating it was just fine as Tortured Soul once said it is about learning the experience.

I hate to use alcohol as a reference point but ye your first bottle of lager or beer, well sure did taste like shit to me i didn't quite know where that high (drunk) was going back then... but ye in simple terms it is just tolerance :cool:

I suppose where i'm from peeps like the indica body/relaxed feel & if it throws in the happy/euphoric ya onto a winner mate...

My own taste's are berry strains these are either get blue/berry mentioned in their strain title & mostly seem to be crossed with indica with a lower % of sativa genetics most of the time... just hybrids these days which some may pack the right punch !

Blue Mystic by nirvana & Matora Blue by kannabia to which i'm quite in high favour of at the moment, shame i didn't keep any clones my bad for Matora :rolleyes:

Other wise i quite like most kush strains with skunk/afgani cross's these mostly a give body relaxed effect in less ya get some thing with OG in the blend which could be interesting

So many strains to grow and not enough time to enjoy them all :green_heart:

The Purps cross I grew out didn't disappoint. It is a hybrid of 2 types of Purps x Trailer Trash Betty. Which is pretty much a worked over White Russian. No time for paranoia with this one. Can't be paranoid if your asleep lol. Some nights I don't even finish the bedtime joint.

Back
Top Bottom