Leaves browning and dying at colas

Fantomlimb

Hey guys, I’m 12 weeks into the life of this plant. About 7 weeks into flowering. My leaf tips are browning but my sugar leaves on some of my buds are dying at the colas. I had an emergency come up and wasn’t able to check on it for about 2 days and when I came back noticed this issue. I’ve been trying to dial in the right amount of nutes these past few weeks and that explains the neon leaf tips on the fan leaves but I’ve never run into an issue with the sugar leaves like this.
After my emergency I came back to water that was PH 6.0 but the PPM/EC was 1320/2.6 respectively. Is this just major nutrient burn, or do I have something else going on like bud rot?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I should also mention temp at canopy is around 78 I have 2 fans for airflow and humidity is around 45%. Water temp is 73. Roots are good. Growing in Hydroton and water.

Hey mate! Plants are looking chunky and a beautiful colour, but unfortunately I think you have a very common problem here;

Bud rot :'(. Typically when the leaves die back and shrivel into the bud, it's a very good sign. You can also tell a pretty distinct discolouration on the ones affected. Have you been foliar spraying or allowing any water to sit on the buds? That second picture definitely looks a little sus

I just ran into it for the first time in my last chop, and definitely had to inspect my plants extremelyyyyy closely to find all the spots that had developed. Worth trying to treat with hydrogen peroxide, and you should try and cut out everything that looks affected. If you carefully pull apart a suspect bud, you should be able to tell that something is not right (if it is indeed bud rot)

This was mine, right at the end of flower but with some dark brown spots poking through; ended up having be to go through the whole plant and cut out a substantial amount of dead rotten bits that had crept up sneakily through some of it :'(
IMG_20210327_185045.jpg

Take a look at you flowers where the sugar leaves are brown.

As mentioned - that's what happens when you get bud rot or bytritus mold.

Just bend the flower a little bit so you can see into the bud to the stem.

If there's mold, cut out the infected areas and WASH your tools and hands it can spread very quickly by touch.

Adjust your rH - under 60% rH is best.

Can spray with a peroxide/water mix to kill the infection and wash your tools. When I get it I just cut it out.

Prevention is better than reaction with molds.

A good treatment in VEG is wetable sulfur - Bonide makes a good one.

Side benefit it will also get rid of soft bodied insect pests.

Hope its not mold. GL with it.

Do not smoke or vape flowers with bytritus on them. You need to cut it out and toss in the garbage.

Thanks for the replies. I have had no issues with humidity nor am I foliar spraying and never have they had any water on the flower. RH has never reached 60% during flower and never goes above 50%. My conditions are near exact to the last time I grew this strain except for my over feeding issues and the recent time it got way to high with 1300+ nut for a day or two. I will look at the buds closer but I don’t think it’s rot. Then again, I’ve never experienced rot. I will get a pic of an opened bud and see what you guys think.

I cut out what I could see down to the point the stems looked green with no spots. Cut off all the brownish buds or buds with dying sugar leaves. Anything else I should do?

Here are some more pics. Does that look like rot in the stem?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
You have an infection. Pull it and get rid of her. Imo she can infection her tent mates.
Bag over her an dump.
See what others say please before you do anything.
Bill

You have an infection. Pull it and get rid of her. Imo she can infection her tent mates.
Bag over her an dump.
See what others say please before you do anything.
Bill
She has no tent mates. She’s an only child lol. I had major root rot as this thing was a seedling due to my Hydrogaurd being expired. I had no idea that it was useless after 6 months being open. I cleared that up and the roots are healthy but I did have an issue during veg that I thought was a potassium or phosphorus deficiency but it also could have been a mold of fungus. Now I’m thinking that’s exactly what it was.

This was my first time trying a manifold so there was a lot of cutting and defoliating going on.

6E8C4597-5136-40A9-ABB4-439ECEE8404F.jpeg

C6C4DB53-1FA6-4F98-95F1-424F5F238C07.jpeg

A5DAF592-7860-4D5E-9F02-034041B81E37.jpeg

94E572F9-D185-4F14-A481-0025EBD8E396.jpeg

39BE1708-41C4-47DC-A680-C61F811E4CFE.jpeg

22F6621B-0FCC-492E-8BA5-24C80629CA82.jpeg

I’m starting to think it’s Alternaria. Looking at pictures of the fungus and it looks a lot like what I had during veg. I actually had problems with three seeds that rotted in my AeroGarden and never sprouted. (I use my AeroGarden to sprout seeds). This was the only one that didn’t after I did some things to prevent this seed from rotting but it ran into root rot problems.

I’m starting to think it’s Alternaria. Looking at pictures of the fungus and it looks a lot like what I had during veg. I actually had problems with three seeds that rotted in my AeroGarden and never sprouted. (I use my AeroGarden to sprout seeds). This was the only one that didn’t after I did some things to prevent this seed from rotting but it ran into root rot problems.

I think unfortunately, you might be right on the money!

Some of the spots and discolouration on the stems is also a sign of the infection spreading, I tried to cut all the rot 2 or 3 times towards the end of my plant, and ended up just having to pull it because the rot would creep back in and infect more new stuff the longer I waited :(

Way to keep a close eye on the plants though, you definitely want to catch this kind of thing before the flowers make it into your pipe!

I think unfortunately, you might be right on the money!

Some of the spots and discolouration on the stems is also a sign of the infection spreading, I tried to cut all the rot 2 or 3 times towards the end of my plant, and ended up just having to pull it because the rot would creep back in and infect more new stuff the longer I waited :(

Way to keep a close eye on the plants though, you definitely want to catch this kind of thing before the flowers make it into your pipe!
You think I should scrap it?

You can try carefully and cleanly to cut out what looks bad and try and let her keep going, or you can cut your losses and chop now. It's up to you, but it's very hard to stop the fungi from spreading once it's started :(. If she is far enough into flower that you can get some well-developed but unaffected buds off her, it might be worth giving her the axe

You can try carefully and cleanly to cut out what looks bad and try and let her keep going, or you can cut your losses and chop now. It's up to you, but it's very hard to stop the fungi from spreading once it's started :(. If she is far enough into flower that you can get some well-developed but unaffected buds off her, it might be worth giving her the axe
Cut her yesterday, today the plant looks good with no sign of spread, yet. I’m going to keep on eye on her and if I see more of it I’ll give her the ax. Been putting off starting another but this is better reason than any. As I have two tents I can’t at least keep this going for a bit before nixing her.

No I don't see any bud rot.

Not that it wood be a show stopper for me. I get it from time to time. I take preventative measures too so even if I get it, I'm on it and it doesn't take hold.

You can bend the flower while its still on the vine and look in and see the stem.

Bud rot will form at the stem behind the flowers up inside. You can see it without chopping the flower out. Its pretty obvious when you see it. And a bummer too.

I dont see it here.

I think your burnt tips have something to do with fertilzers and/or pH tbh.

No I don't see any bud rot.

Not that it wood be a show stopper for me. I get it from time to time. I take preventative measures too so even if I get it, I'm on it and it doesn't take hold.

You can bend the flower while its still on the vine and look in and see the stem.

Bud rot will form at the stem behind the flowers up inside. You can see it without chopping the flower out. Its pretty obvious when you see it. And a bummer too.

I dont see it here.

I think your burnt tips have something to do with fertilzers and/or pH tbh.
I definitely had issue with too high PPM but do you think it would cause browsing of the sugars and the buds? Did you look at the cut open stem pics? You don’t think there’s some issue with the xylem? I would love to not have to cut it down completely.

I saw your pics and didnt see anything alarming.

When/if you get it you wont be wondering.. fer sure on that.

That said usually when bud rot causes dead sugar leaves its already an issue you can see with your naked eye.

It doesn't hurt to take preventative measures like IPM on a semi-weekly basis.

Wetable Sulfur is my go to - only need that ever 10-14 days for prevention.

I saw your pics and didnt see anything alarming.

When/if you get it you wont be wondering.. fer sure on that.

That said usually when bud rot causes dead sugar leaves its already an issue you can see with your naked eye.

It doesn't hurt to take preventative measures like IPM on a semi-weekly basis.

Wetable Sulfur is my go to - only need that ever 10-14 days for prevention.
Honestly I don’t know what the issue is but it’s spreading to all my buds. The buds are drying out and leaves are curling all over the place. I’m cutting it down.

Honestly I don’t know what the issue is but it’s spreading to all my buds. The buds are drying out and leaves are curling all over the place. I’m cutting it down.
I took another look at your flower you cut apart.

I think you're decision is the best.

Be sure to clean your tools.

Dont smoke that if its mold. I'd be tossing and burning.

Back
Top Bottom