Leaves Burning

luvsmokinweed

It started with one plant that died now all of them are on the same path to death!!

Soil: MG
Lighting: 100w MH
Dist. Frm. Light: Was about 3-5in. now 7-9in (I thought the light was the problem still not sure)
Temp: 82-84 day 72 night
RH: 46-57
Watering: every 4 days or so

Pics
f1d_e_1week_1day_old.JPG
f1d_1week_1day_old_Burn_Spots2.JPG
f1d_1week_1day_old_Burn_Spots.JPG

I'll take more soon, its worse than this now!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: Leafs Burning

Flush with plain water. 2x the size of the pot. Separate the plants before they get their roots tide up and strangle each other out. Add a very light Veg fertilizer at 1/4 strength.

MG has slow release ferts which will lower your PH and cause nutrient lock out. It may be a calcium deficiency most likely cause by low PH. Top dress the soil with dolomite or garden lime.

:goodluck:

Re: Leafs Burning

Since I have plenty of these seeds I am going to just trash them and start over. I really don't want to waist my time growing something that's probably not going to produce a proper flowering due to stressed veg growth. Well, here are some final R.I.P. pics.
F1_Gen_RIP_2_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_9_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_6_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_8_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_7_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_5_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_16_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_17_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_13_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_12_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_10_.JPG
F1_Gen_RIP_14_.JPG

:rip: 7/11/13-7/27/13

That is lockout and the one picture was calcium deficiency probably cause by low soil PH.

There is no need to toss those plants. Come on... How are you going to learn or progress your knowledge if you can't fix this.

For example... You fix it and in 2 months this plant is 3 feet tall with some burnt leaves at the bottom. They will have no effect on flowering.

2nd example. plants look good 4 weeks from germ... nute lock out...toss plants. start over. 4 weeks later after germ... nute lock out.. well start over again... on and on until you learn how to fix it.

This will not be the only problem you come across and you can't just start over each time...

REMEMBER... This weed is training you... you are only tending to the weed as it grows.

I have had nute burn, slight phosphorus deficiency, magnesium deficiency and potassium deficiency during my grow and it is looking killer now with one week to go until harvest.

Don't give up so easily

Its not so much as the burn, I also don't really have the time to care for them for the next month or so... how would I fix calcium deficiency and nute lock out problems like these for future reference?? I really wanted to keep them but not so bad to neglect them the first month or so of their life. I will be germing more once I get things more situated though!!:thumb:

the easiest and cheapest way I believe is to check your runoff water with a pH liquid Test Kit by General Hydroponics
example
P1000496.JPG

MG has sow release ferts and makes it harder to control the PH... but it can be done if you check the runoff.
*add dolomite lime or garden lime to the soil to help balance the PH.
*if your runoff is in the (red) 4.0'ish or (orange) 5.0'ish then flush with water until it is at least (yellow) 6.0'ish. A light tinge of (green) 7.0'ish would be ok too because the MG slow release ferts and any ferts you add will lower the PH.

when in doubt... flush with water

I totally agree with scarfinger. There is no reason you can't turn this around and not cost you very much effort or time.

the easiest and cheapest way I believe is to check your runoff water with a pH liquid Test Kit by General Hydroponics

Thanks for the help!!!

Back
Top Bottom