Leaves curl upwards

That soil sure looks wet, and there are the leaves tattling on you and pointing to that muddy soil. How often are you watering?
Only whenever The soil gets dry around an inch down then I’ll water. I believe I’m having drainage issues anyways even with all the perlite I basically never have run off.

Only whenever The soil gets dry around an inch down then I’ll water. I believe I’m having drainage issues anyways even with all the perlite I basically never have run off.
That is what I suspected... you are watering totally incorrectly. The top of the soil is not important in a cannabis grow... the most important place to check for water is at the very bottom of the container where all the big tap and feeder roots are. If you keep it wet down there, the roots down there will shut down. The best way to determine if it is time to water is by using the lift method, to see if you can feel any water weight in your container at all... if you can feel it, it is not time to water.
When you do water, it is important to saturate the soil, producing a small amount of runoff. If you are not getting runoff you are being too timid with your water. Even so, you are overwatering because you are watering too often, before the soil dries out all the way to the bottom. Since there is still water pooling down there, any amount you give simply adds to that pool of stagnant water and continues to keep the lower roots from seeing oxygen.

Please read my watering guide referenced down below here in my signature lines, for more thoughts on the importance of establishing a wet/dry cycle.

Okay thank you but is there any way I can reverse this or do I just have to let it dry out. Cause my leaves look pitiful

And I also seen you’re guide is only for larger pots should I do the same thing you mention there just a toned down version in smaller pots. These are only maybe quarter gallon pots.

Okay thank you but is there any way I can reverse this or do I just have to let it dry out. Cause my leaves look pitiful
by letting it dry out you are reversing this. Stop thinking that you are going to see instant changes in the plant world... you move 1000 times faster than that plant does, but it doesn't mean you should. Patience is your friend.

Okay that’s what I was assuming. This may be a stupid question and I don’t want you to waste your time explaining it but even after reading both threads for watering them I’m still a bit lost, it was just a lot of information to absorb. If it isn’t to much of a bother could you maybe dumb it down a little lol. My Stoner brain isnt always the fastest plus this is my first grow and I wasn’t expecting to be very successful started from nothing but I’m trying to install some good habits so I can improve on what I’m doing.

Okay that’s what I was assuming. This may be a stupid question and I don’t want you to waste your time explaining it but even after reading both threads for watering them I’m still a bit lost, it was just a lot of information to absorb. If it isn’t to much of a bother could you maybe dumb it down a little lol. My Stoner brain isnt always the fastest plus this is my first grow and I wasn’t expecting to be very successful started from nothing but I’m trying to install some good habits so I can improve on what I’m doing.

either get a postal scale, or estimate it with your arms... but fill a similar container with dry soil just like you have used in your grow. Weigh it or get an idea of its weight.

Now lift your plant or weigh it. If you can feel additional weight, that is the water, and if you can feel it, it is not time to water. This is called the lift method. You should not water while in veg until you can no longer tell there is water in there, and you will notice that the plant is just fine with this. When you do water, water with gusto, attempting to get every last drop into that soil as you can, before it runs out of the bottom.

That is about as simple as I can make it.... did that help?

Yeah that helps but What do you mean gusto?
I mean don't be afraid to give it all the water you can get it to hold. After you think you have it filled up, like a sponge, and absolutely no more water could be added, come back 20 minutes later and add some more. Only then, consider that container properly watered.

Okay thank you for the info now that the pot is starting to get more dry the leaves seem to be getting back to normal, I seen you said under watering is better than over watering as far as the affects and stunted growth so Id much prefer be a little more cautious with my water than to add more weeks onto my growth by drowning my roots. I’ll make sure for now on that the bottom is for sure dry before I water.

Okay little update not sure if I’m still watering wrong or what. I haven’t watered since the other day. Container was bone dry did the lift method and was significantly lighter than the others, even looking through the drainage holes the bottom was dry so I watered them. I watered the edges of the pot until I started to get runoff but I’m still having issues with my leaves dropping. Am I doing this wrong or has there just not been enough time for it to fix itself?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
Okay few days later 2 plants have their first set of 5 leaves but one is clawing bad, does anyone know why. The other one has been watered just as much, they’ve only been watered once since the other day and only 1 plant is doing it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 58
It’s just the new leaves that are clawing and it’s only in one plant and in all of them the leaves seem kinda wrinkly, is the a ph problem? I tested the run off and it’s under a 7 so I’m confused as to why they’re so wrinkly.

Back
Top Bottom