Leaves curling claw like drying and crispy tips

Firsttimeindoor

420 Member
Hi everyone,
1 week ago tomorrow we feed our girl her 2nd dose of full strength nutrients and we also topped her and lowe red the light to 22 iniches above canopy (as she was enjoyin the light at that leven hefore toping her. Since then a bunch of her leaves are curling downwards and the tips ate turning brown and dry and crispy. I am trying to figure out if this was caused by topping her, lowering the lights or a nutrient burn. If anyone has any suggestions or tips that would be helpful I would really appreciate it. We were going to put her into bud in 4 more days but I am worried about what's going on. She is our only plant and we don't want to loose her now. Should we do a full flush just in case it is nutrient burn? What are some suggestions to correct this before putting her into bud?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• mms_img-320976549.jpg
    mms_img-320976549.jpg
    362.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 20190216_105504.jpg
    20190216_105504.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 160
Lights off pics bud, can't see much besides droop

Medium?
Water pH?
Nutes and strength you gave them?
Water schedule?

How high where the lights, looks like she is stressing over it

What's the temperature? It would be better to give the following information, and some pictures under white light.
Strain: CKS Crown Royale
# of Plants: 4
Grow Type: Indoor
Grow Stage: Vegetative
Container Size: 11l / 3.8 US gal caged grow bags
Lights: King X6 Dimmable 1800W COB LED Grow Light (300W from wall max)
Nutrients: GH Flora Trio and Supplements at 30% label strength
Medium: 70% coco / 30% perlite
Water Source: RO (from well)
PPM: not measured
pH: 5.8 ± 0.03
Grow Room: Tent 2'x 4'x 7'
Temperature: 26°C / 79°F
RH: 34%
Pests: None

looking at the available clues I am going to say that you need to slow down... belay that order to go to flower in 4 days... fix these problems first and recover from the topping.
I see drooping leaves that look like they were the result of watering too often. You will have to confirm this with the details you have been asked for. If the roots were already in trouble because of overwatering, topping did not help. The plant is now in intensive care and needs some severe recovery time, and probably a drying out of the lower roots.
I await your details to confirm.
We have the ability to move 1000x faster than our plants, but that doesn't mean we should! - Emilya

What's the temperature? It would be better to give the following information, and some pictures under white light.
Strain: Violator
# of Plants: 1
Container Size: 63L / 16.6 US gal Rubbermaid tote bin
Lights: intenze grow series fs pro 800 watt
Nutrients: GROTEK CAL-MAX 2-0-0 5/ML/GALLON
BOTANICARE PURE BLEND PRO GROW 3-2-4 20/ML/GALLON
DUTCH NUTRIENTS POTASSIUM SILICATE 1/ML/GALLON
this is the second full strength dose she has had and took very well to the first dose.
Watering/feeding schedule:
Dec 30 1st 1/2 strength nutrients
Jan 14 just water ph'd down
Jan 21 full strength nutrients
Jan 27 just water ph'd down
Feb 10 full strength nutrients.
She averages 1 gallon every 7 to 10 days.
Medium: soil (can't remember the brand)
Water Source: tap ph'd down to 6
pH: 6.0 ± 0.03
Grow Room: closed off small space with light and fan.
Temperature:
23°C / 72°F
RH: 45% - 60%

Attachments

• mms_img-69785483.jpg
    mms_img-69785483.jpg
    574.8 KB · Views: 123
  • mms_img109330111.jpg
    mms_img109330111.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 137
  • mms_img1400860348.jpg
    mms_img1400860348.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 138
what is the timespan between those pictures? thanks for the better light too. They do look slightly better here.
All pictures above were taken today. Here I will attach a photo from Feb 7th this pic is 3 das before topping her. I don't have any before pictures with lights out though.

Attachments

• 20190207_194727.jpg
    20190207_194727.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 129
All pictures above were taken today. Here I will attach a photo from Feb 7th this pic is 3 das before topping her. I don't have any before pictures with lights out though.
ok.. its not as bad as I first thought it might be... but tell me about how often you water... and how you determine when to water and how much to give. Also answer the questions from the other folks... we will figure this out :love:

ok.. its not as bad as I first thought it might be... but tell me about how often you water... and how you determine when to water and how much to give. Also answer the questions from the other folks... we will figure this out :love:

Here is all the info I can give
Strain: Violator
# of Plants: 1
Container Size: 63L / 16.6 US gal Rubbermaid tote bin
Lights: intenze grow series fs pro 800 watt
Nutrients: GROTEK CAL-MAX 2-0-0 5/ML/GALLON
BOTANICARE PURE BLEND PRO GROW 3-2-4 20/ML/GALLON
DUTCH NUTRIENTS POTASSIUM SILICATE 1/ML/GALLON
this is the second full strength dose she has had and took very well to the first dose.
Watering/feeding schedule:
Dec 30 1st 1/2 strength nutrients
Jan 14 just water ph'd down
Jan 21 full strength nutrients
Jan 27 just water ph'd down
Feb 10 full strength nutrients.
She averages 1 gallon every 7 to 10 days.
Medium: soil (can't remember the brand)
Water Source: tap ph'd down to 6
pH: 6.0 ± 0.03
Grow Room: closed off small space with light and fan.
Temperature:
23°C / 72°F
RH: 45% - 60%

ok, lets get to watering method then... so you are giving her 1 gallon or so every 7 to 10 days. Why that time period, and how was that decided? Is the time between waterings steadily decreasing or has she been needing differing amounts of water as time has gone on?
She gets a gallon because of the size of the tote and waiting until it dries out between using a finger knuckle deep and picking up the tote comparing it to a dry tote of same dirt. The waterings have pretty much been the same throughout the grow at 7 to 10 days.

ok, i am still confused then... because the knuckle method will indicate the top is dry long before the bottom is actually dry. So when you compare it to the dry tote, is it actually that light or just approaching that light? If you were truly developing a wet/dry cycle, the plant would be able to drain that water a bit faster each time, and she would start using a lot more than 1 gallon of water each time to reach runoff. In a tote that size you have the capability of creating a monster plant capable of producing a pound or more, but you need the root system under her capable of supporting that. Have you read my piece yet on how to properly water? I want you to get a good concept of this wet/dry cycle so that you can figure out how to properly water that container.

She perked back up thankfully she is doing fantastic. Will post nes pics in a few days. I just started a new job on a shift rotation that is taking a toll on my routine.

Back
Top Bottom