Leaves curling up: Is it Mg defeciency? Input needed

I’m looking at the same question for some clones that I have in solo cups. I used a soil/coco mix. And have fed once with GH organic nutes 1/4 strength. I’m wondering if it’s heat or something with the watering / nutes. They are just under a single led grow bulb so heat from light should not be issue.
It’s very hot and humid outside where I am right now and even though plants are inside I’m wondering if that could be the reason why.

Consensus from much of my research is humidity and heat.

Hopefully everyone recovers.

Attachments

• 43764A97-7746-40A6-8026-3A1EFA8B05C7.jpeg
    43764A97-7746-40A6-8026-3A1EFA8B05C7.jpeg
    629.9 KB · Views: 135
  • CC2E54D5-6F51-403B-95FB-4E3235B4864C.png
    CC2E54D5-6F51-403B-95FB-4E3235B4864C.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 141
Your in hot soil or over feeding, or over watering, or both...I'd put my money on the first:thumb:

Thanks for the holler @West Hippie :passitleft:

They look pretty good :hmmmm: but he may want to check for spider mites, and definitely stop letting the leaves touch the soil...that''s a spider mite bridge :laugh: as far as the top leaves curling, looks like over watering, let those roots dry out before watering/feeding again :thumb:
OK thank you!
The leaves don't touch the soil, it's an optical effect of the picture! The first 2 leaves are only veery praying for the initial stress. I HOPE the doughters can grow up stronger now!

OK thank you!
The leaves don't touch the soil, it's an optical effect of the picture! The first 2 leaves are only veery praying for the initial stress. I HOPE the doughters can grow up stronger now!
I was actually talking about the soil that's already peppered on the leaves...or it's a really bad case of spider mites :goodluck:

I was actually talking about the soil that's already peppered on the leaves...or it's a really bad case of spider mites :goodluck:
For peppered soil do you mean rich of substances? I made it mixing 3 kind of soil: universal with peat with another soil for vegetables. Total pH is 6,5 more ore less.
Ok, so it's better giving only pure demineralized water without fertilising with biogrow?
I don't see spider mites, there are only 3-4 gnats per day that are be killing day by day. We gave on the soil neem oil mixed with potassic soap 3 days ago becouse before they're more. And we put sticky traps everywhere.
Ah one last thing they are low rider (we found seeds in our weed of another friend of us).

TThank you very very much for the advises!!
:passitleft:

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out this problem my friend is having. I believe it's a magnesium defeciency so i told him to correct with a 1/4 tsp epson salt/gal. but the plants leaves are still curling upward like they are praying. Plant growth looks good but I'm worried the problem will get worse if he doesn't act quickly. Only 1 of the 4 plants has this problem which is weird because they are all growing in Fox Farm Ocean forest and have been getting the same nutes. Any help is appreciated.

background:
-plant with problem is a sativa strain
-I normally feed with RO 6.0 ph water but moved up to 6.5 for last feeding
-plants are in FF ocean forest
-plants are 4 weeks old and in 1 gal pots. (will repot soon)
-Temps = 68-78
-RH= 44-50%
-Light= 400watt digital MH (1.5ft away)

Also one plant (AK-48) has a orange spot on it. I don't think it is a big problem but hope it doesn't spread. Lemme know what you guys think. Thanks

Leaf curling but no discoloration
grow3_1.jpg

Same plant but bigger view
grow3_2.jpg

Some weird orange spot
grow3_3.jpg

If you're watering with RO water (Reverse Osmosis) then you're depriving your plants of macro nutrients that's in Spring, Mineral or even your Tap water...that's part of the problem and the other is over watering. The plant is telling you the roots are too wet :goodluck:

For peppered soil do you mean rich of substances? I made it mixing 3 kind of soil: universal with peat with another soil for vegetables. Total pH is 6,5 more ore less.
Ok, so it's better giving only pure demineralized water without fertilising with biogrow?
I don't see spider mites, there are only 3-4 gnats per day that are be killing day by day. We gave on the soil neem oil mixed with potassic soap 3 days ago becouse before they're more. And we put sticky traps everywhere.
Ah one last thing they are low rider (we found seeds in our weed of another friend of us).

TThank you very very much for the advises!!
:passitleft:
First let me say to @M00gle, I'm sorry for jacking your thread, I was tagged and thought it was somebody elses thread :sorry:

As far as @Jin ...I meant it looks like dirt is on your leaves...and you have to use a magnifying glass to see those spider mites, look on the bottom of your leaves for microscopic spiders and little hairs/webs...it's summer time peeps, time for pests and diseases so pre treat your plants, mediums, and rooms/tents before you start having problems :goodluck::peace:

First let me say to @M00gle, I'm sorry for jacking your thread, I was tagged and thought it was somebody elses thread :sorry:

As far as @Jin ...I meant it looks like dirt is on your leaves...and you have to use a magnifying glass to see those spider mites, look on the bottom of your leaves for microscopic spiders and little hairs/webs...it's summer time peeps, time for pests and diseases so pre treat your plants, mediums, and rooms/tents before you start having problems :goodluck::peace:
You didn’t highjack she asked in the introduction to be here . And I knew you had this !

@MochaBud

You probably saved this plants!
I found that the real problem is COCHINEAL all over the trunk almost at the first node.
Potassic soap and now they are looking high.
Thank you bro'.
Bob bless u
:ganjamon:
Isn't that native to south america :hmmmm:

And glad I could help and God bless you too brother :passitleft:

I had the same problem with 1 of mine she was completely curling up I stopped watering f or 5 days then tossed with Epson salt then started nutes again , now the growth has really came on , 1 week 1 day into flowering , growing outdoors with dutch pro , great results :D

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_145618.jpg
    IMG_20200713_145618.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20200713_145611.jpg
    IMG_20200713_145611.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20200713_145605.jpg
    IMG_20200713_145605.jpg
    631.6 KB · Views: 127
Re: Leaves curling up... but is it Mg defeciency? Input needed.

It's a bit easier to see with a bigger image. As I said earlier, this form of upward curling is a sign of very rapid growth on a healthy plant. It is obvious the plant is relishing the nutrients you are currently giving - this is a sign that less is more. If you kept adding ferts or dickered around, the leaf rims would show yellowing, which is the indicator of fert burn.
You are lucky to have a plant so healthy. Don't fret ok.
grow3_5.jpg

grow3_4.jpg
I am having the same issue on a Sour Diesel. Not to worry. Its healthy plant growth. My Temps are low 60's and its doing just fine. Dont deviate plant feeding. Yes. Less is many times better. How often are you feeding? My plants are in fabric 7 gal. and currently receive nut./water 1 per wk. They are 9 weeks from seed.

I am having the same issue. I dont water often. I will say this though. I had 1 plant showing a light green and yellow leaves. As a new grower, I looked it up and it suggested that I water with Epsom salts in the water. I only water when soil indicates say the soil is dry. All of the plants are showing great growth. I've had the lights on this position for more than a month. I don't believe the lights are too close. Par meter showing slightly less than 400. The leaf curl started the day after I watered. I watered fairly heavily because the soil was very dry. 1 of the commentors on this post is right on I believe... the leaves are just trying to sweat off moisture. It wasn't happening before I watered, and now only after... just got to let them wick off the water and I think they'll go back to normal. After reading all the posts on here, I think you guys have narrowed it down to over watering. Thanks guys for all of your knowledge!
I have 3 varieties growing right now. Amnesia, Trainwreck and Sour Diesel. Sour Diesel is the only one doing it. It too started after watering yesterday. Give it a few days and come back. I am sure its fine. I am also using Fox Farm nutrients. Your plants appear healthy otherwise.

It's a bit easier to see with a bigger image. As I said earlier, this form of upward curling is a sign of very rapid growth on a healthy plant. It is obvious the plant is relishing the nutrients you are currently giving - this is a sign that less is more. If you kept adding ferts or dickered around, the leaf rims would show yellowing, which is the indicator of fert burn.
You are lucky to have a plant so healthy. Don't fret ok.
grow3_5.jpg

grow3_4.jpg

Yeah most of the growth looks good as you say.... but the new leaves are showing more and more curling. See what you think of these pictures.

grow3_5.jpg

as you can see in this pic the new leaves are curling upwards alot.
grow3_4.jpg

Hey Boss.... the temps have gotten above 80 but the majority of the time they are below 80. I've read that the leaves sometimes curl upwards because they are trying to dissipate moisture. I think because it is the new growth that is experiencing the most curling that the light may be a bit to close. I'm going to try moving the light up a bit.
How hot does ur grow get looks kinda,like heat stress

Back
Top Bottom