Leaves droopy immediatly after watering

BlueberryDreamz

Everytime the plants get watered, the leaves droop towards the ground within a minute....is this a sign of over watering. The soil water meter said the soil was dry....so figured it was time to water....any suggestions...should there be more time between watering...letting them dry out a bit?

It could be your soil is not draining well enough and the roots are drowning. Next time ammend your soil with worm castings and perlite to provide added drainage.

come on people!! I can't believe no one has said this... its NORMAL for that to happen, for every plant I've owned they have always dropped a little after the waters. I don't think you can really give them too much water, you can too often, but I wouldn't think at once? (w/i reason)

No worries bro, completely normal

^ My leaves ONLY droop when i over-water....NEVER when i give them just the right amount. Plants in the wild dont get water pour straight on the soil most of the time. It has to go down its leaves and such. When a plant needs water The leave will point upwards...when a plant has had too much water they point their leaves down...Look at a tree before , during , after it rains and youll know what i means.

My leaves always stand up more after watering, they always look happy after getting a drink. It all depends on how well the soil drains. If it retains to much moisture and you are watering every other day the soil will become more like mud and the roots will drown from lack of oxygen. A proper balance of water drainage and water retention is required and most every soil mix could benefit from added vermiculite (retention) and perlite (drainage).

whats it mean when your plants have never drooped but for some reason some of the plants have started to drop and the leaves are twisting,this has only happened after the last watering yet all my plants are fed the same. Do i have some kind of infection

dude completly fine

"some of the plants have started to drop and the leaves are twisting"
hi karry
sound like you might have more of an issue developing, might want to start a thread and supply more info like..
soil type, lights, nutes, temp/humidity, PH..

to guess offhand id say give her a good flush and wait awhile to see if shes happier or not =)

^ My leaves ONLY droop when i over-water....NEVER when i give them just the right amount. Plants in the wild dont get water pour straight on the soil most of the time. It has to go down its leaves and such. When a plant needs water The leave will point upwards...when a plant has had too much water they point their leaves down...Look at a tree before , during , after it rains and youll know what i means.
Thats a great way of explaning it Stoner.

My leaves always stand up more after watering, they always look happy after getting a drink.(drainage).
You need to water more often with all that extra drainage LOL.
You might want to add some clay for better water retention.

whats it mean when your plants have never drooped but for some reason some of the plants have started to drop and the leaves are twisting,this has only happened after the last watering yet all my plants are fed the same. Do i have some kind of infection
You have big problems and need to enlighten us with more info like Janga said.

only my INDICA does the "droop after water....then recovers hr,s later" thing everytime.....I water the SATIVA the same way and no droop.......I beileve it is in some of the genetics of the plant.......they recover and look great................PIEACE

I'm having the same problem right now, they start to droop as if they need water so I split up 1 gallon of water between 2 5g buckets and a 3g pot, and they super droop but like an hour after they super-perk.I water like that every 3.5 days the .5 is usually like an hour before lights out. So I can't be over-watering (at least I wouldn't think I am), it must be normal i'm guessing?

If the plants droop quickly after being watered, but soon after it gos back to happy then your soil must be bad and has low drainage.

There is not really anything else logically i can think of that would cause this. Basically you are drowning the roots for a couple hours, eventually it gets better and thats why it perks up again.

come on people!! I can't believe no one has said this... its NORMAL for that to happen, for every plant I've owned they have always dropped a little after the waters. I don't think you can really give them too much water, you can too often, but I wouldn't think at once? (w/i reason)

No worries bro, completely normal
AMEN TO THAT i was starting to think i was on the wrong site lol all plants even house plants droop after water

Sometimes when they germinate and you place them in VEG, they could still be in shock and if the top leaves are growing, stop watering for a few days and just let nature take its course. It`s ok, to use a light spray around the soil with a small amt of Cal/Mag or Epson Salt added just to insure everything is ok. Are you using RO or Distilled Water? Tap Water, i`m sorry to say, doesn`t cut it....

Back
Top Bottom