Leaves dying and falling - Cannot find solution - pH 6.4 - Indoor - Please help!

h0rIz0n

IGP5812.JPG
IGP5813.JPG
IGP5814.JPG

Hello all, would anyone know what the cause of this is?
Grow in soil - bat guano - california vermicompost Mixture
Leaves turning brown and falling. (Please see 3 pics up, and 1 below. All from same plant)

IGP5811.JPG

It might help to add some more info about the plants. Stuff like soil or hydro, ph of water, room temps/humidity, water - ro/tap/well/rain, how often do you water, ect. Cheers. :thumb:

Grow in soil - bat guano - california vermicompost Mixture.
Tap water - leave stand for hours. Water about twice a week when the soil seems dry. Plant is two month old. Was overheated in the first three weeks due to very hot weather outside and limited airconditioning inside. Now around 20C, which should be ok.
The plant had bugs about three weeks ago (and worms very small) - i used Pongamia pinnata oil to spray the plant, it seemed to solve the bugs problem.
Grow under CFL 200W 6500K, now 2700K to initiate flowering.
Plant is feminized CBD Yummy.
PH seems a little higher now, I will add a bit acidity next time I water it.

It could be an overwatering problem. How do you go about watering? How often, how much, how do you determine when to water, pot size/plant size?

I let the soil dry. Stick a finger to the soil and lift the pot to weight it and see it is light, so that it does not contain water weight. It is not pricise measurment but I think I am getting basic info. Only then I water till water goes thrue the bottom holes. I do not let any water stand in the underpot. Water about twice a week. Plant is 60 cm and pot about 5 l.

It's hard to say without more info still.

Did the damage happen all at once
Did it occur slowly
Is it spreading
Do you have new growth
Is the new growth affected
What temp is your room
have you had spikes in heat?
Did the damage occur during the bug infestation
Is the majority of the plant's leaves damaged or just a limited amount.

(the bug looks like a mosquito but it's a little deformed )

For a week I have not used P additive (no aditives)
Did the damage happen all at once NO
Did it occur slowly YES
Is it spreading YES FROM BOTTOM UP
Do you have new growth ? NO
Is the new growth affected -
What temp is your room +/- 25C (77F)
have you had spikes in heat? I do not understand, what DO U MEAN SPIKES?
Did the damage occur during the bug infestation YES, BUT I AM NOT CERTAIN
Is the majority of the plant's leaves damaged or just a limited amount. ONLY LIMITED AMOUNT

OK, I asked all the questions about heat and stuff to eliminate the environmental factors.

I also do not think it is related to the bug problem.

What caught my attention is the bat guano....possibly too much phosphorus

Here is what I would do.
#1 Trim all the damage off the plant. The leaves will not recover so get rid of them This will also keep you informed if the problem is persisting.
Transplant into fresh soil.
Do NOT add any nutrients.
Follow the progress closely.
You should see new growth and a healthy plant within two weeks. Remember, it takes a little time to fix a sick plant so be patient.
While waiting to see if that works you should smoke lots of weed and listen to your favorite tunes. (it won't help your plant but you'll enjoy the wait)

If everything seems to be back on track after the plant starts to look healthy in two weeks add your flowering nutes at half strength, add some N at normal strength. Watch for signs of stress. If no stress....
Re apply the nutes again in about 7-10 days at the same strength.

The bug is a Fungus Gnat. Is it a photo or auto plant? You said you switched to 2700 cfls to trigger flower. That won't. How much light they have will. Photo plants will start flowering when they are flipped to 12/12 light schedule. Autos will flower when they are ready at any schedule, but my experience is if you want them to flower sooner have the autos at 12/12. 18/6 will give you bigger plants but take more time to flower generally. :peace:

Fungus gnat..most likely. It seemed a bit large to me but it's hard to tell. They are usually not much of a factor unless you are really infested, I keep a couple of No Pest Strips in my growroom which seems to keep unwanted bugs out. I'm not 100% it works but it mahes me happy:high-five:

I have transplanted into 6 weeks of flower without ever having a problem I have three in week 5 of flower and I transplanted them to 5 gallon buckets last weekend. (They were not taking up their nutes for some unknown reason) They are very vigorous now. I have never tried to transplant later than that.

I transplanted (about half the soil remained with the plant and a half is new) and added sand against the gnat.
Leaves continue dying.
Lack of light? (200W CFL for 2 plants kept in cupboard)
Lack of nitrogen? (see new picture)

Back
Top Bottom