Leaves Dying?

Yeah I should have read all the posts. But with all my soils I mix in a dozen crushed egg shells and let sit up around 3 or 4 weeks before I use for my plants.

Yeah I should have read all the posts. But with all my soils I mix in a dozen crushed egg shells and let sit up around 3 or 4 weeks before I use for my plants.
I went ahead and ground a bunch up and added to water. Figured if anything it will help in a few weeks but shouldn’t hurt so why not. Between research, forums and experience I have learned a lot to put toward my future grows. This is my first time so all in all I think I’m doing okay thanks to all the help. I started with 6 seeds lost 2 to my own stupidity and broke them early on. I have now replaced them with 2 clones that are rooting awesomely and several others I just took so waiting to see if they take. I have officially experienced everything from too many nutrients to not enough, light case of spider mites, semibad case of fungus gnats which I lost 2 seedlings to. I think that’s it. The gnat one honestly wouldn’t of been so bad had I paid attention better. Between the information out there and what I get back through these forums is a close match. I wouldn’t know nearly as much without both sources. For me I like to research the problem then do the forums to help confirm theory. so once again thanks for feedback.

I put a mixture of vinegar and dawn dish soap in a cup and put it in my grow tent and the nats are drawn to it and they get stuck and die in it. My grandparents owned a green house nursery and they passed that trick down to me and it rocks for killing all your nat problems. True tryed and tessed over generations.

I put a mixture of vinegar and dawn dish soap in a cup and put it in my grow tent and the nats are drawn to it and they get stuck and die in it. My grandparents owned a green house nursery and they passed that trick down to me and it rocks for killing all your nat problems. True tryed and tessed over generations.
I read Apple cider vinegar would attract them away. Does the soap kill them I’m guessing?

From what I understand the soap breaks the surface tension. They are so light they can walk on water without it.
From what I understand the soap breaks the surface tension. They are so light they can walk on water without it.
I wanted to ask about the soap kinds. I'm having a hard time finding anything except castille. Do you of other soaps that are safe like dawn, gain, sun laundry detergent ect. Those are what I normally buy. I got some concentrated neem this time and I believe I need to mix soap with spray?

Okay, another update as promised. Still pulling dying leaves off but has slowed down a lot so hoping I'm on right track. I that between the fungus gnats and switching to flower they needed more of everything. I did a new ph test which showed one at 8 and another at 7.5. Those two were affected the most so nutrient lockout could have contributed some idk. After their feeding, they have been improving. I added some lemon juice last night for ph now waiting

Take a spray bottle, put a couple drops of unscented dish soap in with the water, pour a lil listerine in with the bottle. Not much but enough to give it the smell. Spray on plants once every couple days or when the bugs are bad and active. The listenine draws them in, and the dish soap kills them.

Take a spray bottle, put a couple drops of unscented dish soap in with the water, pour a lil listerine in with the bottle. Not much but enough to give it the smell. Spray on plants once every couple days or when the bugs are bad and active. The listenine draws them in, and the dish soap kills them.
Awesome thankyou for the help. Right now they seem to be under control but trying to stay on top of it

Okay, another update as promised. Still pulling dying leaves off but has slowed down a lot so hoping I'm on right track. I that between the fungus gnats and switching to flower they needed more of everything. I did a new ph test which showed one at 8 and another at 7.5. Those two were affected the most so nutrient lockout could have contributed some idk. After their feeding, they have been improving. I added some lemon juice last night for ph now waiting

8 seems high, optimal range of water going into soil is 6.0-7.0

How are your feeding techniques? Are you watering improperly? Watering properly goes a long way, it also gives you re-assurance that the plant is getting all of the nutrients, preventing it from having a nutrient lockout situation.

Giving it the right ph of water, from the get-go also helps.

Ph fluctuations is a new problem on its own.

This is the way I explain proper feeding techniques.

The plants love a BLT (bacon lettuce tomato sandwich)

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT.

Feeding properly now. You give the plant a nice BLT! Watering the entire surface of soil, let it all run down, ensuring all of the roots are being fed the entire BLT given. You repeat untill seeing run off. Ensuring you that the entire BLT went to the roots giving it the nutrients it desires. Doing so also ensuring your pulling oxygen down with the water giving a good amount of oxygen to those roots as well.

8 seems high, optimal range of water going into soil is 6.0-7.0

How are your feeding techniques? Are you watering improperly? Watering properly goes a long way, it also gives you re-assurance that the plant is getting all of the nutrients, preventing it from having a nutrient lockout situation.

Giving it the right ph of water, from the get-go also helps.

Ph fluctuations is a new problem on its own.
I know that's why I mentioned it was possibly part of the problem. I water every 3-4 days one kelp then next feeding with fox farm tree and golden tree. I water until there is a decent runoff. I need a ph pen for water as the strips aren't accurate enough. It has been reading the same on the strips as it always has so not sure what happened. I recently switched to flower a couple of weeks ago, then the gnat problem around the same time. I added a bigger fan which drys soil out faster because of gnats. I'm growing in a mixture of organic soil black gold, peat moss, perlite, and vermiculite. I read that certain nutrients affect it like nitrogen lowers I believe? So could needed nutes cause it? or fungus gnats do they affect ph at all or anything I used to treat them neem oil and diatomaceous earth?

I wanted to ask about the soap kinds. I'm having a hard time finding anything except castille. Do you of other soaps that are safe like dawn, gain, sun laundry detergent ect. Those are what I normally buy. I got some concentrated neem this time and I believe I need to mix soap with spray?
Pure castille soap works fine. Bastille works for other bugs as well.
You can use the Listerine spray, but only in veg. It does have oils in it.

This is the way I explain proper feeding techniques.

The plants love a BLT (bacon lettuce tomato sandwich)

When you feed a plant a BLT but not feed the entire surface of soil, and not water till you see run off. Your plant is getting a lot of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato. The soil looks dry, so you feed her with another BLT, giving her another large dose of bacon, a lil lettuce and lil to no tomato, As well as the left over scraps from the lettuce and tomato before. Giving them a mixed dose of BLT.

Feeding properly now. You give the plant a nice BLT! Watering the entire surface of the soil, let it all run down, ensuring all of the roots are being fed the entire BLT given. You repeat until seeing runoff. Ensuring you that the entire BLT went to the roots giving it the nutrients it desires. Doing so also ensuring your pulling oxygen down with the water giving a good amount of oxygen to those roots as well.
That helps actually. I have been trying a few different watering cans to get a good even flow everywhere which has been a pain. I'm thinking I just need to use a cup and slowly pour everywhere. If you know anything good for that by all means I will take the help. Out of every post I have put out there you have been the most helpful and I appreciate every bite. I honestly didn't think about that a lot. I knew I needed to spread but sounds like I need to a better job at that

Pure castille soap works fine. Bastille works for other bugs as well.
You can use the Listerine spray, but only in veg. It does have oils in it.
Yeah, I knew the Castille did was just wondering other options. I read non-scented is good but I know there is a certain ingredient in some that are bad. I have to go to town and get a few things so was hoping to get a few more common choices as I have only seen Castille online though I never really looked hard for it before now so Walmart might have it idk.

Yeah, I knew the Castille did was just wondering other options. I read non-scented is good but I know there is a certain ingredient in some that are bad. I have to go to town and get a few things so was hoping to get a few more common choices as I have only seen Castille online though I never really looked hard for it before now so Walmart might have it idk.
I've used Palmolive pure and clear.

Back
Top Bottom