Leaves fingers

I saw a 13 finger plant once. It was also ~13 feet tall!

3-13 leaflets per leaf.

If you can post pics of a 15-leaflet cannabis sativa or any variety leaf... I'll be amazed.

Each leaf is contiguous, starting from its stem, so each finger is really a leaflet -- it is not, really, a full leaf as it is connected to all the others.

Some plants will grow as little as three -- I have an Afgoo clone and a Hindu Kush clone in small pots right now, and they are growing mostly 3 leaved leafs due to the stress of being root bound -- that is normal.

Certain strains will grow more leaflets, some less -- sativa strains will grow more generally, but that is not a hard and fast rule.

:goodluck:

how old is the plant? soil or hydro?

The plant is in 5th weeks of veg. Going into flowering when I get my HPS light.

Not sure if I want the 400w or 600w. I have 3x5x5 closet space. Currently populated with CFL. I want to move out the smaller plants and start 12/12 the 5th weeks plants. What would you recommend?

Heat will be my concern. Right now, the CFL within the room does 80F. Of course that's with 13 CFL on, when the plant goes 12/12 I'll use half of that with different spectrum. I wonder how much yield will I get using the 600w HPS with controlled temp?

If it's not much different in onces, 1-2 then using the CFL for now will save on the light cost and venting costs. Don't need alot of weed, only for myself and occasionally smoking with friends (telling them I buy instead of growing).

To keep this in the same topic, I'm hoping the plant grow out some 15 fingers leaves. If it does, I'm going to name it since I don't know what strain this is...

The advantage for HID lighting is a thicker canopy. CFL's serve that purpose if postioned correctly and close. I use a combo. Have a 400 with a 250 cfm dayton blower for cooling but I did a few with cfl's only. I still use the cfl's for side lighting in conjuntion with the 400 these days.

Best to learn to grow first before investing in HID lighting if your needs are minimal. Remember the number of fingers plays little into the potency or yield of the plant. It's just they way the plant genetics work out.

What kind of high do you like?

The advantage for HID lighting is a thicker canopy. CFL's serve that purpose if postioned correctly and close. I use a combo. Have a 400 with a 250 cfm dayton blower for cooling but I did a few with cfl's only. I still use the cfl's for side lighting in conjuntion with the 400 these days.

Best to learn to grow first before investing in HID lighting if your needs are minimal. Remember the number of fingers plays little into the potency or yield of the plant. It's just they way the plant genetics work out.

What kind of high do you like?

You're right. I need to learn how to grow before trying to producing optimum yield. I just bought some 150 equivalent 2700K CFL, they are huge. I found some MH & HPS ballas, unit with yo-yo, wing reflector, one MH and HPS bulb for under $150-$170 (winning range) + $20 S&H for 600w. The 400w is between $120-$130 + $16 S&H. It says no return accepted...and I've read the reviews they seller has 98.99 positive. Temping, though I think I'll stick with the CFL for now.

The fingers are fun to look at. Something unusual from my other plants. I don't think it conclude the potency of the plants though, like we can't really judge the book by its cover.

I want a philosophy, thoughts provoking type of high, and less of a body high because I want to move about after few hits.

Then if your leaves are thin or even medium you'll get some of what you want. Almost anything overr 7 leaflets would indicate a sativa leaning plant.

If you buy something in the future make sure it's new and/or returnable. Used lights are worthless. Used gear at all is worthless. You just don't know where they've been or how hard they've been used.

One of our flowering plants from seed in soil has 11 fingers and they are really huge. Plant is 40 inches above 5 gal bucket and is 24 days into flower. It is an unknown variety from some good smoke I was given. I was worried that they would shade flowers too much cuz of size. I really love the looks of the 11 fingered plant and would love to see a plant with more.

the first time i ever grew indoors. i had 15 blade leafs on my white widows. that was 10 yrs ago though so no pics. but im being honest about it. since then ive had 12 on a purple haze girl ive got going now. but it only had 12 because it seemed when the blade first started to develope it split into 2 blades somehow. both blades have their own vein and everything but you can tell they should have been together. kinda like all the continents fit together.

I know this is a old thread, but here's a pic of a 16 finger leaf.
Screenshot_20200104-133243.png

I know this is a old thread, but here's a pic of a 16 finger leaf.
Screenshot_20200104-133243.png
Nice leaf.

i remember when i was really little in school during fall time we'd go outside and grab the most colourful leaves we could find and then seal them in wax paper somehow. i think it was with an iron but i don't remember. probably wouldn't be allowed to let the kids near leaves now a days lol.

but if i ever get a massive leave i'll probably try that.

Back
Top Bottom