Leaves have The Claw?

Santurro99

Ive been reading alot on this site and I am confused as to what gives newer growth "the claw" and cause leaves to twist. Is it due to a nitrogen deficiency or is it due to too much nitrogen? Seeing how ive only been feeding Tigerbloom and big bloom at 1/4 I do not think it is a N overdose. I am using fox farm soil under a 400w hps. Lamp is about 2 ft from tops of plants.

Um, im embarrassed to say that I am ph meterless. I only have the dropper test kit. This all seemed to start happening when i started using the water in my house which I left in a 5gallon bucket for 24hours. Supposedly it is very good drinking water.

I do have a soil tester that has ph meter on it (i dont know how accurate it is) it measures around 7.2-7.5.

The local hydro store said that I could bring in a gallon of nutes/h20 and they would test it for me to give me an idea of where i am at. He said he only uses his tap water but I should get a pump and an air stone to oxygenate the water over night. Is this true?

No you don't need to oxygenate the water. Just let it stand to evaporate the choline in it. I agree with the other 2 posters, you should definitely get a pH meter (one of those digital pH pen type meters). The reason for that is that you don't want to go to your hydro store every time you need to adjust your pH.

makes sense. When I have been giving just h2o i havent added anything else. From now on I will add a little ph down to the water.

When giving just water, should the ph be the same as the nute solution?

Here are a couple of pics. Im almost convinced that it is a ph problem? Any thoughts?

3739.jpg

2863.jpg

they are still on 18 / 6 because I am waiting for another light, they are too tall and I am FREAKING OUT! I don't know what to do so they don't hit the ceiling in flower. They are at 11 weeks veg right now. Shit wrong thread oops

Back
Top Bottom