If soil... what is in your mix? Foxfarm Ocean Forrest
If soil... What size pot? 3 Gal
Size of light? 400w CFL
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? mid 75-80
RH of Room/cab? 40%
PH of media or res? 6.0-7.0
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? As needed. Usually water every two days.
Type and strength of ferts used? Iguana Grow Juice, mixed with some Super Thrive.

I noticed the bottom leaves on my white widow plant look bad. Maybe over fertilizing? Help!
This is my only white widow, hopefully a mother plant.

:thanks:

photo_2184.JPG

photo_1215.JPG

A picture of the whole plant would help better assess the situation.

You said its only the bottom leaf, and that makes me want to say not to worry about it as I have this happen on new clones or new plants from seed often on the first or 2nd set of leaves, on many strains its normal.

But new pics will tell for sure.

Under the problem tab you will see a good pictorial of most all issues and there is a pic of your problem. Check it out, I use it a lot.

According to my research and to this picture I found online. It could be phosphorus deficiency. As you can see in the previous pictures the rest of the plant looks fine. This is only in the bottom fan leaves. I decided to use plain water for the next couple of days to flush the plant, but Im afraid it could be a nutrient deficiency which in that case flushing would be bad for the plant.
Appreciate any advice.

leavedeficiencies21.jpg

Herat,

Do you mean the problems section under Grow Room tab, or is there a specific gallery that shows diseases.

Thanks,

What strain is it? White Widow
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 60% Indica, 40% Sativa
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
Veg for how long? 5 weeks
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Foxfarm Ocean Forrest
If soil... What size pot? 3 Gal
Size of light? 400w CFL
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? mid 75-80
RH of Room/cab? 40%
PH of media or res? 6.0-7.0
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? As needed. Usually water every two days.
Type and strength of ferts used? Iguana Grow Juice, mixed with some Super Thrive.
ok couple of thoughts.

ph 6-7 is a LARGE range. you could get lockouts depending on the strains particular sensitivity to high ph.
you want 6.3 for soil or as close as possible. if your run off is 6.6 then you would water with 6.0 till it runs off at 6.3 =)

RH below 50% during veg puts a strain on the plant and hinders root development, reducing end yield.

how long can you leave them without water until they hint at wilting? our ladies dont like wet feet, even a watering schedule 12 hours too frequent could slow production by restricting o2 intake at the roots.

do you bubble your water and take measures to dechlorinate?
are you in a very high flouride area?

ill leave you to chew on that for a bit =)

Thanks Giga,

I use distilled water. Every 24 hrs the plant looks even worst. The soil is moist, should I stop watering at all before modifying soil Ph?

i would normally reccomend using h202 to oxygenate your next watering right away...but since your organic you dont want to use h202, it kills good things as much as bad.
so yes let it dry out some or you may suffocate it. use a fan on the soil to help.

i would even consider sliding the soil out of the pot to take a look at the bottom of the soil, checking for rot and fungus or any critters and checking how moist the bottom is compared to the top. if it IS wet at the bottom compared to the top, consider a bed of perlite or gravel before putting the plant back in to help with drainage. =)

roots are looking good and the soil does look very wet ;)
that perlite should help speed up the drying rate a little bit, everything looks really clean. no rot of any kind =)
add a couple of little legs to the pot so air can get underneath, anything will do from bottletops to a couple of coins. we just need air and lots of it =)

i cant be sure but your roots dont look very fuzzy, they almost look like water roots to be honest.

let the soil dry out quite well (if you have suffocated your root hairs, you may get underwatering symptoms, this is because even in wet soil, the plant struggles to uptake., in this instance, keep drying the soil and foliar water for a while as if it was a clone untill it can fix itself).

also i would concider only using 1/4 strength super thrive. the hormones can make the plant behave in parculiar ways and i heard recently it contains carcenogenics =(

Did you add the dolomite lime and jamaican bat guano like I told ya to in the other thread you posted? Thats what ya need to permanently clear this up.

The soil and roots look just fine, just gotta get the ph a little higher, more stable, and get some phosphorous in there.

Did you add the dolomite lime and jamaican bat guano like I told ya to in the other thread you posted? Thats what ya need to permanently clear this up.

The soil and roots look just fine, just gotta get the ph a little higher, more stable, and get some phosphorous in there.

PH a little higher? is that meant to mean lower?
if ph is bouncing from 6-7 then the acidity needs to be increased by half a point so t bounces from 5.5 to 6.5 the perfect range for hydro and soil roots ;)

also i reccomended not using phos additives after looking at a bunch of successful grows that went through veg with foxfarms X Iguana Grow Juice perfectly with no additives.

i think the phos def is bogus, PH lockout combined with damaged root hairs is my guess for the symptoms.

but im only working with the information given in this thread, i havnt seen the other. :)

In soil there is just too many important things that get locked out below 6.5 though Gigs. Phosphorous, Calcium and Magneisium are available over 6.5 in soil. 5.5 is just too low for soil.

I mean below 6 you got N and K semi locked out and P is completely. Cal and Mag is locked out.

Which is why I was suggesting keeping it fluctuating between 6.2-7 which allows for all nutes to be available at some point or another, and most to be near constantly available.

In the other thread he mentioned his PH was like 6-6.5 but his runoff was like 4ph. Which would coincide with the PH being too low and locking out the P.

As for the iguana juice having enough or not, it might, i never used it to be honest or seen it used.

Back
Top Bottom