Leaves turning brown, dying and yellowing help!

lilsurferguy

I am running into an issue with my grow and am frustrated. My leaves in week 3 started to show signs of edges browning and some with the tips turniung brown and crispy and the leaf eventually dying.
My details;
strain:Chem-dawg sister
6 plants
Roots Organic original soil
3 gallon pots
CO2 1300ppm
750W HPS (2)
Using Super Natural Bloom Tera, advanced nutrients Bud Candy, Nirvana, Big Bud, and B-52, Protek silica, Botanicare Cal/mag.
At 4th week flower
Running nutes at 900-1050ppm
PH 6-6.2
Room Temp lights on 74, heat directly under light 82-86
Room Temp lights of 72
Humidity 45-55%
Water Temp 61-70
No pests
It seems most problems are in areas closer to the light. Light is about 1 foot away. All plant though are starting to exhibit the same issues.

IMG_085212.JPG
IMG_085010.JPG
IMG_082310.JPG
IMG_08229.JPG
IMG_082113.JPG
IMG_08198.JPG

Looks to me like a toxic salt build up from trying to sort out deffs with more nutes. Youi need to flush you medium with pH'd water till it back to 6.5-6.8 then feed again half nutes.

I have a friend with the same problem with one or two of his plants . Did you manage to sort the problem and what was it ? He thinks he also needs to flush out the plant with just water . Is it what was needed to be flushed in order to stop the orange leafs ?

Thanks

This is an old post from 2011. You will get more help by starting a new post. The more information you include, the easier it is to help.

It looks like either nute burn or light burn. Would need to know what type of lighting you are using and distance to rule out light burn. For nute burn you want to flush with 6.0PH water. Water until it runs out the bottom then run another gallon. Let it fully dry out the top inch. Don't know what medium or nute you are using so can't advise past that. Old leaves will not heal so you are looking for no more damage and good new growth.

Hi the medium is soil and compost mix from wilko using a fecida r1000or 120watt led with blue red white far red and uv. None of the other plants are showing any light burn and there closer to the light than the one that's showing signs of nutrientor light burn so I am guessing it's a nutrient problem. I have flushed it and the ph is between 7 and 6.5 according to the pH meter from wilko and another one from amazon so the ph looks fine before and after flush. I will monitor it over next few days as its the same burn in the pics above from the initial post and haven't seen other pics of this problem with the leafs been as bad as they are. Some of my lower leaves have gone mostly orange the top leaves are wilting and the tips are pointing down but still green.

20220426_163320.jpg

20220426_163323.jpg

So it is only this one plant and they are all in the same soil mix and this one is farther from the light? That eliminates light burn and if the nutrient are all the same shouldn't be nute burn on just one. I enlarged the picture to get a better look. Do you see the little white specs on the leaves? Bottom left in the picture but I can see it on other leaves. You may need a microscope or a loop to get a good look. Looks like spider mites or aphids maybe.

I think the white you can see is a bit of flaking from my humidifier as I use normal tap water so it can scale the top of the tent and it falls down and lands on the leaves every now and again i have checked the leaves and all the white stuff you saw is not there now as I sprayed it with water and its all gone . I dont think I have any problems with bugs as of yet I haven't noticed any and check on them daily. I have only had this problem with one other plant and flushing it seemed to sort it out. But would like to know more information from people like yourself and others on this forum so I can get more knowledge if I have problems again. Be better I can prevent it rather than have to try to cure it and loose yield.

I am not familiar with the soil you are using but I haven't grown in soil for quite some time. When I searched the nutrient values all I was finding was other people trying to find the values.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here that have their own specialties. I would recommend posting a grow journal. You can start a journal at any point in a grow and probably the best resource this sight has. Being able to see the progress and all the details makes diagnosis easier and attracts more of the veteran growers.

With enough setup information in the beginning, your grow journal will be monitored and analyzed by master growers from all over the world. The more pride and effort you put into your journal, the more response, interaction and support you will receive from our members and staff.

First and foremost, please make sure to post your Grow Journal in the proper area for Journals In Progress.

Also, please make sure to use proper grammar and structure when choosing your thread title, your Name/Growing-Medium/Strain-Name/Year is a good start.

Examples:
420's Hydro Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Outdoor Skywalker Grow Journal - 2009
420's Soil Skywalker Grow Journal - 2010
420's Deep Water Culture Skywalker Grow Journal -2008

There are many journals hosted on 420 Magazine. You increase your potential number of subscribers when they can immediately determine the strain and grow method - right from your title.

Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.

What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
If indoor...Dimensions (L x W x D) of grow space?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?

This info will make it much easier for accurate help to be given when needed and keep the members interested in your grow.

EXAMPLE

Bucket Size - 3.5 gallon
Medium - 75% perlite 25% vermiculite.
Lights - (2) 400w HID
Nutrients - FloraNova Grow/Bloom, Floralicious Plus
Strain(s) - Blue Dream, Cannalope Haze, Lavender
# of Plants: 9
Yield : 14-16 Ounces.

The ONLY way to receive optimal attention, feedback and support is to provide photos!

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Please make sure to respect our Posting Guidelines by using our Gallery.

And lastly, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature
Report-Post.jpg
found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Thanks for your support and we look forward to watching your beautiful ladies grow...;)

Love and Respect.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom