Leaves twist and curling down

P.S. Do not let that medium dry out. I think that’s what’s making your leaf’s crispy….

If you don’t like watering everyday, get some true soil and repot. Soil will retain water 100% more, so you’re not feeding every day…. at least until you’re in full flower.

Chances are you get enough boron from your nutes, but boron is best absorbed when you pH 6-6.5. Boron is removed in RO water and some filtered water. What kine of water you using, and do you stager pH your water/feed?
Yes. I do need to get more ph up down solution tho. Been out for a while. Can’t fruit anywhere were I live

@Emilya

Plant still doesn’t look good.

Diagnosis’s so far have been
to much nitrogen and boron deficiency.

Action taken so far is I flushed and transplanted and have been watering with only ph balanced water.

Leaves are not showing yellow Dots through out the leaves.

Any other possible diagnosis?

Plant is planted in a mixture of coir, perlite, and vermiculite

Plants are fed with hydroponics trio with cal mag once a week

704756E9-C11E-4E49-90AD-DDA0845954C1.jpeg

FD168705-C8FF-4AE6-BCF2-AC8B53268216.jpeg

3CA72272-B527-438E-A9E0-A649A31B619A.jpeg

AE9021C8-9C3D-43C4-82F0-02EA6571E506.jpeg

D6088555-4E2B-483C-BDB6-2CAF8120B75F.jpeg

2DDF9E6B-27F7-4619-917E-8CF6EC3E4257.jpeg

866EC9AC-7B9B-43D3-A10E-243F274E6D5F.jpeg

BFA0B9DF-F8E4-4E23-A211-33FFB7102187.jpeg

9DC10EF1-B7C2-4275-A770-1BFB60F5C0C9.jpeg

5A4159E5-8B7F-4147-A4CA-1DE6821F3B6C.jpeg

Your coco looks dry, you not supposed to let um dry out ever. With coco coir, you gotta water 2-3 time a day. You said you not pH'ing your water cuz you ran out, like was mentioned use lemon/lime juice and baking soda to pH properly. Are you mixing your nutes into each other (not supposed to? I no use this kine medium. I just read it) ? I read to put calmag in first, mix, and let settle for a few minutes. Then add your first nute, mix and add second nute, and finally mix and add third nute. Use all charts provided for determine deficiencies/toxicity in early stages rather than waiting till it gets outta control cuz can always be corrected if caught early. At this point only can wait for watch the newest growth. Here's one article on coco from AN:

Here's one on vermiculite:

Screenshot_20220120-184017_Office.jpg

mulders-chart-e1465939603653.jpg

That timeline of pics is dead on with N overload. When you see that severe twist in the new growth where the fans are pushing out and they twist and curl and look knarly its certain N toxicity. Ive done it to a few plants, canna and others but its unmistakable here.

The good news is if you let her grow through it she will be ok, bad news is it will definitely take some time and may stay looking twisted up in some areas for the entire grow. You need to get that N input down.

Theres a secondary problem on top, and I cant be certain what it is. That yellowing, slight red fan stems and that angle of the tips of the fans scream issue, but without seeing it I cant give you a solid answer.

My best guess is its either dry or too wet, and possibly an Mg issue. All things being equal if she wasnt so curly and out of shape it could be narrowed down a bit better.

How did the roots look in re pot? If they were looking white or slightly orangish just a little then they are healthy and some deeper watering will help, maybe bring the temp down a little and up RH.

If they were really orange to blackish or black shes getting too much water and pooling at the bottom, tip her to one side to drain and focus on watering the outside of the pot only when she looks dry in both the fans and topsoil, and add a bit of extra venting by lifting her up where heat and air can get under her.

If she keeps getting yellow in that speckled pattern in the fans try Epsom salts, no need to panic yet, might not be the cause but if it moves into further yellow giving her an MG treatment with them can help.

Cal mag is ok, but moving your calcium too far can cause uptake issues.

Best I can do with pics supplied, I dont think Im wrong, but may not be right, once that N overload starts it masks other issues a bit and is harder to tell whats making her wonky. Good luck.

Edit, a pic or two in natural light can help, in some the green looks washed out and limey, but in others its deep.

Have you checked for pests ? At first I thought "N" too. But seeing the shriveled up leaves that appear to have yellow trails on them & some other leaves with spots.... I'm thinking Mites. Possibly both things going on.
I have and I sprayed my plants with Natria insectidal soap. I sprayed it at lights out and 2 days later my plant started looking like the pictures above.

That timeline of pics is dead on with N overload. When you see that severe twist in the new growth where the fans are pushing out and they twist and curl and look knarly its certain N toxicity. Ive done it to a few plants, canna and others but its unmistakable here.

The good news is if you let her grow through it she will be ok, bad news is it will definitely take some time and may stay looking twisted up in some areas for the entire grow. You need to get that N input down.

Theres a secondary problem on top, and I cant be certain what it is. That yellowing, slight red fan stems and that angle of the tips of the fans scream issue, but without seeing it I cant give you a solid answer.

My best guess is its either dry or too wet, and possibly an Mg issue. All things being equal if she wasnt so curly and out of shape it could be narrowed down a bit better.

How did the roots look in re pot? If they were looking white or slightly orangish just a little then they are healthy and some deeper watering will help, maybe bring the temp down a little and up RH.

If they were really orange to blackish or black shes getting too much water and pooling at the bottom, tip her to one side to drain and focus on watering the outside of the pot only when she looks dry in both the fans and topsoil, and add a bit of extra venting by lifting her up where heat and air can get under her.

If she keeps getting yellow in that speckled pattern in the fans try Epsom salts, no need to panic yet, might not be the cause but if it moves into further yellow giving her an MG treatment with them can help.

Cal mag is ok, but moving your calcium too far can cause uptake issues.

Best I can do with pics supplied, I dont think Im wrong, but may not be right, once that N overload starts it masks other issues a bit and is harder to tell whats making her wonky. Good luck.

Edit, a pic or two in natural light can help, in some the green looks washed out and limey, but in others its deep.
The roots were thick and white. I inoculated the soil when the plant was young so it grew some monster roots

@Emilya

Plant still doesn’t look good.

Diagnosis’s so far have been
to much nitrogen and boron deficiency.

Action taken so far is I flushed and transplanted and have been watering with only ph balanced water.

Leaves are not showing yellow Dots through out the leaves.

Any other possible diagnosis?

Plant is planted in a mixture of coir, perlite, and vermiculite

Plants are fed with hydroponics trio with cal mag once a week

704756E9-C11E-4E49-90AD-DDA0845954C1.jpeg

FD168705-C8FF-4AE6-BCF2-AC8B53268216.jpeg

3CA72272-B527-438E-A9E0-A649A31B619A.jpeg

AE9021C8-9C3D-43C4-82F0-02EA6571E506.jpeg

D6088555-4E2B-483C-BDB6-2CAF8120B75F.jpeg

2DDF9E6B-27F7-4619-917E-8CF6EC3E4257.jpeg

866EC9AC-7B9B-43D3-A10E-243F274E6D5F.jpeg

BFA0B9DF-F8E4-4E23-A211-33FFB7102187.jpeg

9DC10EF1-B7C2-4275-A770-1BFB60F5C0C9.jpeg

5A4159E5-8B7F-4147-A4CA-1DE6821F3B6C.jpeg
lm thinking spider mites at this point... also I would suggest lifting it out of the aquarium for better airflow

never saw a nute sched, how much, when, etc.

definitely a severe n tox probably coupled with another issue including ph, there's definitley some interference between the calmag and n. there's no way there is enough info here to launch a save.

have a look through this and give us what you can for details

lm thinking spider mites at this point... also I would suggest lifting it out of the aquarium for better airflow

by the twisting and crap i'm thinking russets. they'll give an early look like n tox as well. but i would expect more leaf damage at the edges. i just don't know if we can separate that from whatever else is going on here

I was kicking around the thoughts that it might be mites, probably Russett Mites as @bluter mentions.

But the 'aquarium' caught my attention. Good catch. Went back and looked and now I am wondering if the lights are hanging from something that looks like the metal frame for an aquarium stand. No aquarium itself but what looks like a clear plastic tote box so the advice is the same; take it out so there is airflow over the soil surface and through the lower canopy.

Lemon/lime juice, anything citrus will take your pH down, baking soda will bring it up.

Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate contains sodium levels too high to use with cannabis plants and will either cause sodium toxicity or be at cause of nutrients becoming bound in unusable locked out forms the cannabis plants are not able to use as nutrients.

Back
Top Bottom