Leaves yellowing with black tips Dying Fast Need Help ASAP!

jgrow1103

Let me start with a little information about the plant.
This is my first grow
The strain is unknown, but I know it's female

It started it's budding cycle around 5 weeks ago.
I used mirical-grow which I know now that you are not supposed to use!
I also over fertilized it, I use regular rain water, and I just tried "Super Thrive" last night.
This problem was VERY RAPID. These pictures were taken just 48 hours after the first leaf at the very bottom showed yellowing.
The are now just falling off that were turning very yellow fast, working its way up the plant and also the tips are black on most of the leaves. The white powder is just a non toxic pesticide.

Does anyone know what I can do MOST IMPORTANTLY, and what was the biggest reason this happen? ??
20140829_142224.jpg

20140829_142236.jpg

20140829_142242.jpg

20140829_142432.jpg

20140829_142301.jpg

20140829_142446.jpg

20140829_142451.jpg

20140829_142311.jpg

20140829_142253.jpg

Thanks so much for your help and advice on anything! :peace:

Looks like powdery mildew, phosphorus deficiency, and probably another one. Not sure what to do to fix it, I'm not a soil grower. Probably need real nutrients and to check your pH. The miracle gro probably did the most damage. What's the npk ratio on it?

Re: Leaves yellowing with black tips DIEING FAST NEED HELP ASAP!

The power is to keep away pests,, so would it still be a mildew problem?
Is the NPK A chemical ratio your asking about in the miracle gro?
If it keeps growing and doesn't die how much longer do you think it has to in its harvesting stage, it's in its budding stage right now correct?
Sorry for all the questions peytonmanning!

It's cool. I try to help as much as I can. If you want more expertly advice though, post this in my link below for the playground. Those guys know a lot more than me and can point you in right direction

It's cool. I try to help as much as I can. If you want more expertly advice though, post this in my link below for the playground. Those guys know a lot more than me and can point you in right direction

I don't see any link could you please provide it again?
I will post some closer pictures budding sites

Top70.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Lil_tp.jpg[/img
] [img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/Last8.jpg
Btmn_clos.jpg

Bottom14.jpg

20140830_130409.jpg

20140830.jpg
'm hoping that it will still survive after I gave it the "Super Thrive" It's looking a tiny bit better.

Which nutrient can anyone recommend to use at this stage for the biggest yield???

jgrow,
Looks like normal late-season yellowing, combined with over-fertilization with nitrogen. Have a cold snap recently? That will rapidly start the plant yellowing. I wouldn't worry, or do anything drastic, except stop fertilizing. The leaves are dark green, a sign of high nitrogen. They don't need any more at this stage. Keep them lightly moist. You'll be fine.

jgrow,
Looks like normal late-season yellowing, combined with over-fertilization with nitrogen. Have a cold snap recently? That will rapidly start the plant yellowing. I wouldn't worry, or do anything drastic, except stop fertilizing. The leaves are dark green, a sign of high nitrogen. They don't need any more at this stage. Keep them lightly moist. You'll be fine.

That sounds like perfect advice because during that 48 hours this drastically happen we did have 1 intermediate cold night what should the coldest temperature be that I should leave it out side during the night!
THANKS SPARK:bravo:

jgrow,
Glad to put your mind at ease. Your plants have lots and lots of leaves, and have obviously been well-fertilized for their entire lives. Now you want the plant to start moving all the nutrients stored in the leaves into the buds. By harvest you want all the older leaves to have yellowed and fallen, and all the goodies in them, sugars, terpenes, nutrients, etc, to be moved to the buds. This will make the buds taste great! That's normal and desirable. As to the coldest night, they can take right down to a light frost. That will make them purple-colored, and looking colorful. Good luck, and enjoy your harvest.

I agree, but cause you apparently pushed nutrients I'd recommend quick flush with pure water. Then stop fertilizing it at all... I don't know how many times I had to say it, but less is usually better.

I agree, but cause you apparently pushed nutrients I'd recommend quick flush with pure water. Then stop fertilizing it at all... I don't know how many times I had to say it, but less is usually better.

What do you mean by a "quick flush?

Flushing the soil with lotsa water

jgrow,
Water heavily, so the water runs out through the drain holes for a good long time. This will help flush the nutrient salts out of the soil.

Conradino, what do you think about witholding water and letting the plants dry out as they near harvest, to force the water in the leaves into the buds? That's what I used to do years ago, but I don't know if it is a truly horticulturally sound practice, and am curious what you think of that idea.

I think that flushing is better as salt-based fertilizer are adsorbed poorly by soil and can be quickly removed with water. But when the harvest comes it's good to dry them out in my opinion, it ups the brix and forces plant to pump up the budz and get more into the resin production. Outdoor, if rains too much, when cannabis flowers, budz will be always smaller as root has to deal with extra water and metabolism slows down.

jgrow,
Water heavily, so the water runs out through the drain holes for a good long time. This will help flush the nutrient salts out of the soil.
I tried to water extra without drowning the plant. Should I flush it more often?

The yellowing and dieing leaves are continuing to work up closer to the top of the plant, and closer to the budding areas. As you can see in the pictures.
How much longer should I wait until I withhold water to harvest because I don't think this girl has much more life left in her? Although she suprised me by coming this far! The budding area toward the main stem of the plant doesn''t look done at all. Most of the areas smells potent and looking MOSTLY developed, but still look somewhat underdeveloped in some areas expecially toward the interior of the plant.
20140907_125239.jpg
20140907_125224.jpg
20140907_125149.jpg
20140907_125136.jpg
20140907_125127.jpg
20140907_125050.jpg
20140907_125035.jpg

That's nitrogen being sucked, don't worry. I'd check the trichs on the top colas and if they are ready just chop them while let the lower ones mature a lil' bit more.

That's nitrogen being sucked, don't worry. I'd check the trichs on the top colas and if they are ready just chop them while let the lower ones mature a lil' bit more.

By the top colas do you mean the highest part of the plant?

Back
Top Bottom