Leaving for vacation?

BobbyZ

My grow should finish around the time we should be gone on vacation for a week. Does anyone have a thought or technique for watering while you're gone. I figure I can water before walking out the door, but I'd like them to remain hydrated about mid week... Thanks for any thoughts.

My grow should finish around the time we should be gone on vacation for a week. Does anyone have a thought or technique for watering while you're gone. I figure I can water before walking out the door, but I'd like them to remain hydrated about mid week... Thanks for any thoughts.
Some people use the watering globes...which are good for a few days. Others build a DIY drip system.

I would go with the globes, they can be purchased on amazon, and do work......

Just my opinion.....

I have a couple auto watering systems I’ve rigged up, but for a situation where I’m only away for a week, I prefer to just up-pot into bigger pots. Ones that they will last a week in before needing watering. I figure a week-sized pot is a good size anyway, for the plants and for my schedule.

It does need a little experience to be able gauge the right size pot. Still- I find it better and much more foolprooof than the watering systems.
Haven’t tried those globe things -that may be a better option depending how many plants you have.

I water before leaving and take a empty wine bottle fill and turn upside down and stick in soil, it won’t drain out till the soil drys,and plant can take it in. Sort of like those globes only larger (cheaper too)
I like it...

Just built a cheap WiFi enabled water system. Can water anywhere I have an internet connection. Was very inexpensive and seems better for my large pots over a cheap auto plant water from amazon.

Exactly what I m doing as well. I even bought a cheap wifi cam to have a look at the plants when I m out

Have a look at my new grow journal to have pictures and info about the auto watering system. It is plugged on a wifi outlet and can be activated whenever you have an internet connection. It makes life so easy. Plus it can also help when the plants grow and get hard to be accessed to be watered. @Weaselcracker and @Bud also gave good ideas!

Watered the plants before we walked out the door and shoved two wine bottles in each 5 gallon pot. The plants look healthy when we returned 7 days later. Thanks for the ideas. Wine bottle cost me nothing!:slide: It was like Christmas morning coming home....:yummy:

Watered the plants before we walked out the door and shoved two wine bottles in each 5 gallon pot. The plants look healthy when we returned 7 days later. Thanks for the ideas. Wine bottle cost me nothing!:slide: It was like Christmas morning coming home....:yummy:

How did you handle the lighting and ventilation issues for the week you were away? Did you lower the light and intake and exhaust fan intensity???

BYW Love the wine bottle idea, I have 5 gallon fabric pots I’m definitely gonna try that.

I raised the lights a few inches and left my 440 exaust alone set at 3/4 speed. With two cyculateing 6” fans. I was in 3 gal. Smart pots if I was gonna use 5 gal. I would use two bottles.

Back
Top Bottom