Leaving tent door open

dontinhale

420 Member
I was having heat issues with my indoor tent due to the hot summer we have been having. As a result I have been leaving the door open on my tent. My plants have been stunted for quite sometime now. I am wondering if it could be due to the loss of light which is the result of leaving the door wide open on my tent? The door is never open when the lights are off.

Was your lighting marginal before?

The amount of light that reflects off the door, or the entire tent really, isn’t enough to stunt ur plant, unless ur light was just barely giving enough, but I would think u would notice lack of growth even before, maybe just the temperature change

Thanks for your replies here. I have a 4 ft. by 4 ft. tent that is about 7 ft. tall. I run all LED's. Not sure how much light each puts out? I have 4 of the LED's in this tent. I usually have 8 plants at a time. I will go and write down the actual Watts for the lights. One light says it is 450 watts. One of them says it is 600 watts. One says the actual wattage used is 180 watts. One says the actual wattage used is 230 watts. My yield has never been anything to write home about. But the most recent plants have been stunted. No stretch at all in flowering. I am trying to rule out the possible causes for this. I have been leaving the door open for about a year now. I don't think the door being left open is the reason for the stunting? I have had some drainage issues. Is that more likely to be the problem? Thanks for your help here.

My drainage problem was using some fabric bags that did not drain. The plants became extremely heavy as the water collected on bottom of bags. So the roots were sitting in wet soggy stinky coco coir.

Back
Top Bottom