i was under the impression that you dont want to much UV as it would damage the plants (and is why the mars UV shut off at times) now have you heard of this or is there any truth to that?

I&i

Edit : i work in the industry, this is what i do. talk about anything related to growing and the medication value of the plant. so i can stay here all day and learn, its just does the person want to teach it.

I'm on my 3rd week with the LED. I previously had 2 400watt HPS about 12 inches away from the tops. When I got my LED I set it up with a light mover, to cover more area. I've been having light burn/bleaching since I put the led up. Last night I moved it up to 30" away from the canopy and exposed some new growth to the light. This morning the new growth is is going yellowish from a lush green color. I can't move the light any farther away, so would it help to turn the veg switch off and just go with the bloom? I'm a 1st time led user.

I'm on my 3rd week with the LED. I previously had 2 400watt HPS about 12 inches away from the tops. When I got my LED I set it up with a light mover, to cover more area. I've been having light burn/bleaching since I put the led up. Last night I moved it up to 30" away from the canopy and exposed some new growth to the light. This morning the new growth is is going yellowish from a lush green color. I can't move the light any farther away, so would it help to turn the veg switch off and just go with the bloom? I'm a 1st time led user.

Yeah that was just a bit to much light to fast. Once they get acclimated to the light. You'll be able to get it closer. 13-24" should do you right :) I would let them get used to the veg light. It's a whole lot stronger light than HPS. Hit the bloom switch after they are acclimated to the veg light in range then raise them back up and do the same process over again.

Google is your friend. Im out of medicine, and I have nothing else to do for another hour or so....
So for everyone following along in this conversation, I WILL BE GOOGLE!
Seriously though: All the information I've managed to gather on the googles, points to UVA/UVB being a stressor for the plant.
It causes the plant to pump out more resin to protect itself.
Doing this too early in the flowering stage can cause a day or two of stunted growth, but from what I've seen in journals, if the lighting schedule is kept up, the uvb exposed plant (from early flower) will catch back up with the other plants in the group.

so...
getting a UVB bulb and running it 15minutes a day should be sufficient to achieve the increase in THC level in leaf and floral tissue.
If you leave the UV on longer (obviously 30min is fine, im talking leaving the thing on all day) will probably cause the plant to hermi or die. (havent ever left one on)

Also, do not go into your flowering room while the uvb light is on unless you want to possibly do blind or get burnt.

UVB will decrease yield. But the loss in yield, in my opinion is far less than the gain in potency.

Hope some of this helped.

Google is your friend. Im out of medicine, and I have nothing else to do for another hour or so....
So for everyone following along in this conversation, I WILL BE GOOGLE!
Seriously though: All the information I've managed to gather on the googles, points to UVA/UVB being a stressor for the plant.
It causes the plant to pump out more resin to protect itself.
Doing this too early in the flowering stage can cause a day or two of stunted growth, but from what I've seen in journals, if the lighting schedule is kept up, the uvb exposed plant (from early flower) will catch back up with the other plants in the group.

so...
getting a UVB bulb and running it 15minutes a day should be sufficient to achieve the increase in THC level in leaf and floral tissue.
If you leave the UV on longer (obviously 30min is fine, im talking leaving the thing on all day) will probably cause the plant to hermi or die. (havent ever left one on)

Also, do not go into your flowering room while the uvb light is on unless you want to possibly do blind or get burnt.

UVB will decrease yield. But the loss in yield, in my opinion is far less than the gain in potency.

Hope some of this helped.

For sure it did...I was reading some stuff about UVB the other day...
The best way to take a look at how environment affects THC production is to look where on the planet cannabis has naturally adopted a high THC profile. As cannabis has spread around the world it has taken on many different traits to help in its adaptation to varied areas. The best drug varieties have always been found at equatorial or high altitude locations. The one thing which both of these variables have in common is high light intensity and a large amount of ultraviolet (UV) light in the spectrum.
Recent Swiss trials in outdoor plots of clones grown at different altitudes have shown that there is correlation between higher altitude and increased potency (although there seems to be a trade off in yield). This likely means that THC-rich resins act to protect the plant and its seed from both higher light intensities and ultraviolet presence. It's no surprise that cannabis has developed a chemical to protect itself against the Sun's damaging UV rays, as they can be injurious to all forms of life.
In a plant's search for survival, energy put towards unneeded processes is wasted energy. Therefore a high-THC plant grown in a low THC environment will likely produce a medium THC result.
Humidity also plays a rol

I had a hunch, now I am convinced. This is nothing more than an over hyped sales thread. I am disappointed, because I like your growing style. Good luck on this and all future grows, I'll check back when the plant is done.

I am just waiting for it to cure and be tested. Sorry to disappoint you. However don't think I'm some sort of sales person because if they were shitty lights, I'd be singing the "up the shits creek" song just as fast as I'm singing the "this is great" song, that's not the case however, I like these lights a lot. Good luck..

Honestly, I don't understand why people come into others threads and start arguments. It is fine to be skeptical. We all are. It is fine to ask questions, and not believe the hype. What isn't fine, is being combative, while not having a clue what you are talking about.

People feel the need to justify their purchases for whatever reason. It's why people argue about Video Game console, headphones, cell phones, tablets and so forth. Instead of being open minded, and trying something new and different, you get stuck in your ways. Following only people who subscribe to the same thought process as yourself, in some strange confirmation bias circle-jerk.

I was interested in the LED series of lighting myself after seeing threads like these. After seeing UMOL readings compared to those that IceMUD has taken for his lights. I was intrigued that other companies refused to release PAR values, or have any sort of side by side comparison done.

So instead of arguing, I bought one. I am doing my own journal. It was 100 percent paid for by me, I get no kickbacks, no deals. I personally want to see what these lights can do. Especially for small medical grows.

If you don't have $400 to spend on your hobby once or twice a year, than you should drop the hobby and focus on getting your financials together.

You will only become better by experimenting, trying new technology and learning.

Thats all you can do is your own research then just buy it yourself... Then you know all you hard work, research, and testing is done by yourself and had no help by anyone else.. That's what makes the end medicine that much greater! In my Journal im in the same boat.. Done my research and know the LED's enough to buy what I did because he rarely says hes to busy to chat even tho his ass is busy as hell! I have not had full grow testing done since time has not passed but im a tight ass I dont buy anything unless I know its good so I cant wait for a few full grows to go by because I know its going to be CRAZY! lol

some pretty frosty buds.

IMG_71513.JPG
IMG_71523.JPG
IMG_71533.JPG
IMG_71545.JPG
IMG_71554.JPG
IMG_71584.JPG
IMG_71576.JPG
IMG_71605.JPG
IMG_71596.JPG
IMG_71567.JPG
IMG_71615.JPG
IMG_71626.JPG
IMG_71706.JPG
IMG_71716.JPG
IMG_71746.JPG
IMG_71773.JPG
IMG_71764.JPG
IMG_71736.JPG
IMG_71725.JPG
IMG_71755.JPG

So...When I started this plant back in like February, I honestly never expected what I got. She vegged for about 5 months before she went under the LEDs I had to go an extra month. So I finally got her into the flower tent with a new LED. I thought I was happy with the results but I wasn't planning on flowering that plant with these lights.I will always do whats best for my grow. And I am super happy I did!!!

This has been my benchmark grow 28.75 oz off one plant in a 4x4 tent of "top shelf" meds for myself. And folks I am just getting a feel for these lights. So...

Smoke report?!?!?! Look at that shit man.

So in closing...

IMG_69242.JPG
IMG_69291.JPG
IMG_69302.JPG
IMG_69282.JPG
IMG_69252.JPG
IMG_69193.JPG
IMG_69343.JPG
IMG_69332.JPG
IMG_69374.JPG
IMG_69394.JPG
IMG_69402.JPG
IMG_69363.JPG
IMG_69513.JPG
opptrics2.jpg
opptrics3.jpg
IMG_71124.JPG
IMG_71523.JPG
IMG_71584.JPG
IMG_71554.JPG
IMG_71545.JPG
IMG_71596.JPG
IMG_71605.JPG
IMG_71615.JPG
IMG_71626.JPG
IMG_71706.JPG
IMG_71755.JPG

Thank you for following along.

/Fin

:peacetwo::bigtoke::peacetwo:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom