LED CFL Coco Vs Soil

Vick, thanks. I kind of gave up on the real test comparison between coco and soil because the coco white widow is under the cfl and the soil under LED. However, I can say this. At first, I was put off by coco. It stays wet a super long time, however, that is easily avoided by feeded with much less water. Also, despite that I was watering all the plants with too much water during veg, only the soil plants suffered from this.

The two coco plants handled all that water and that prolonged wetness without issues. Also, both coco plants, though fed the same ppms, hardly showed any nute burn. Although, this is my first go around with coco, I am convinced that coco is surperior. It gives more air, is harder to over water, and harder to burn the plants in it.

Those qualities should lead to larger yeilds when all things are equal, light, feeding, etc.

LADY FLOWER KUSH I am wondering where you got this strain. I live in Oregon, and I am growing it from a clone. several of my group grow it. I just harvested her, and she was a beauty. I cloned her and will be growing her again. I'd just like to know the genetics.

now, I've read this whole forum.

That light thing makes total sense. I tend to veg longer, waiting for my flower tent to finish, and then my plants are big when I turn them to flower. however, my plants are as near to the lights as I want to get them, even with some training, and scrogging. 1 is a giant Northern Lights!!! she's taking over!!!

Sooooooo, it makes total sense to me, to STOP this vertical growth, and put energy into flowers by shortening the lights "on" time.

Also, it makes sense economically. If you can get better/same results, why not save electricity as well?

now, I've read this whole forum.

That light thing makes total sense. I tend to veg longer, waiting for my flower tent to finish, and then my plants are big when I turn them to flower. however, my plants are as near to the lights as I want to get them, even with some training, and scrogging. 1 is a giant Northern Lights!!! she's taking over!!!

Sooooooo, it makes total sense to me, to STOP this vertical growth, and put energy into flowers by shortening the lights "on" time.

Also, it makes sense economically. If you can get better/same results, why not save electricity as well?

Agree.

They dried fast, so I watered again. I feel so bummed out that I can't fix my girls.

Watered

Day 23 of flower update White Widow, Northern Lights - YouTube

feb13-1.jpg

feb13-2.jpg

feb13-4.jpg

feb13-3.jpg

feb13-6.jpg

Having plant issues, so this is how I watered. Check the video if you want a better update explanation. Watered two with 1 gal of tap water and flora kleen, no ph. Ph of my tap was 7.0

The run off came out at 6.3 or 6.5, can't remember. That means my soil must be a bit acidic, and that the lime has been depleated, because lime always kept the runoff higher than what I fed it. Now it is lower than the ph water I feed it. I don't think it is acidic enough to cause any nutrient uptake issues, though. The ppms of run off was 650. That seems a tad high considered I watered with just tap water 50ppm and florakleen. Must be a salt build up.

I am trying a few things with different plants.

Two plants, I will continue to feed florakleen and water until I get a healthy run off, so about 3/4 of a gallon. Every few feedings, I will feed with a little nuts, like 150ppm.

The WW in coco, which is doing the best, I will feed with 4 cups of water and florakleen. Every few feedings, i will feed with 200ppm of nutes, at 1-2-3. I will also feed with calmag every feeding. 1/4 strength to 1/2.

I will water the others with just water at about 4 cups each time I water. I only water once the pots are fairly dry and light, but not to dry the leaves are drooping.

I will water the mendo purp that is in coco with purified water and calmag after I do first water with florakleen and 4 cups of water, then a few hours later flush with a gal of purified water.

Hopefully, one of these methods works. If so, I will use that same method with the rest of the plants.

If you have seen this before and know exactly how to correct, let me know please. I will try your cure on one of the plants.

Only a few things I know of that cause that.

Too high or too low ph, which I am pretty sure isn't the problem because the ph run off was 6.3 or 6.5.

Cold. My temps are between 70-80. A few times 68.

Lockout from another nutrient being over done. This seems to be the case, not because I watered with too much nutes, but because of salt build up. It must be it.

I watered with calmag every time.

The ideal ph for soil is at 6.4. So the ph not your problem and I'm going stop here. Because I haven't had a problem like the one you have here

i cant comment on the soil, ive grown in it but im not qualified enough to tell u what to do. But with the coco i'd be using full strength feed now. I guess it depends on ur base nute. Ph to 5.5, dont worry too much about the run off, it should come out a little higher. I dont like soil, u dont have as much control as hydro IMO, unless u make ur own soil etc.

Cultivator, I will pick up some drip clean. Thanks. When you say, feed, feed, feed, you mean with just like 4 cups of water for 3 gal pots, right. Then when you water with drop clean, water until you get run off?

Wiz, I wish it were that simple. I always let them dry out until they are super light, almost to the point it would hurt the plants.

Back
Top Bottom