LED & CFL questions

4uto

420 Member
Hi all,
First time grower here. I plan on doing a 2x2 or 2.5x2.5 tent with 2 autoflowers. I'll be using ffof soil and the ff trio nutes. My question is about the lighting. I've read so many reviews of different lighting setups and challenges associated with each of them, and basically I just need a bit a guidance.

I have the 300w (140 real watts or so) galaxyhydro led, and I have read a lot about issues with bleaching and lack of flowering production from this light. Do you think supplementing with cfls can help? Should I be supplementing with a different kind of light? Can you provide some specifics as to how I can set up some supplemental light? Also, Should I be vegging with just cfl and switch to led after a few weeks? I know led may be hard on a young plant but I'm concerned with short veg cycle of the autos.

Sorry for such beginner questions!

Re: LED & CFL questions

Led is okay for veg, just keep it far enough from top of plants.
140w should be enough for 2x2, but you could add some 2700k (for flowering) cfls if using 2.5x2.5 tent.
You can always add cfls to have better covered lower parts of your flowers or corners of your tent.
Cfls are good because you can put them only inch or two away from leaves (LEDs must be 10+ inches away at all times).

Hi all,
First time grower here. I plan on doing a 2x2 or 2.5x2.5 tent with 2 autoflowers. I'll be using ffof soil and the ff trio nutes. My question is about the lighting. I've read so many reviews of different lighting setups and challenges associated with each of them, and basically I just need a bit a guidance.

I have the 300w (140 real watts or so) galaxyhydro led, and I have read a lot about issues with bleaching and lack of flowering production from this light. Do you think supplementing with cfls can help? Should I be supplementing with a different kind of light? Can you provide some specifics as to how I can set up some supplemental light? Also, Should I be vegging with just cfl and switch to led after a few weeks? I know led may be hard on a young plant but I'm concerned with short veg cycle of the autos.

Sorry for such beginner questions!

I highly recommend using this grow method as a framework for anyone new to growing in FF and the FF trio. It is not perfect but it is a VERY good start.

Bongtastic's Beginner's Guide to Autoflowering Cannabis

Back
Top Bottom