Led combination for homemade lamp

Odriel

Hi, I have this chamber
IMG_20140926_220329.jpg

Dimensions: 50.5x43x70 cm

I want to make an homemade lamp. I want to use 3w led chip but I don't know the exactly combination of them and which is the correct wavelength of the different colours. I can't spend so much, I want to try with the less number of chips but enought to my chamber.

Can u help me?

PD: Forget the bulbs in this place.

Re: Led combination for homemade lamp.

It won't work in my opinion.

First, you have cost. The cost to build the light you need, would probably be around $80 or more USD. You can buy a light for that cost.

The next problem, your grow box isn't big enough. You need to have about 18"-24" / 45-61cm between the light and the top of the plant.
So the box is 70cm tall. Subtract 45cm and you only have 25cm total height for the pot, and the plant.

You need to stay with CFLs, or need to move into a bigger grow area.

Re: Led combination for homemade lamp.

It won't work in my opinion.

First, you have cost. The cost to build the light you need, would probably be around $80 or more USD. You can buy a light for that cost.

The next problem, your grow box isn't big enough. You need to have about 18"-24" / 45-61cm between the light and the top of the plant.
So the box is 70cm tall. Subtract 45cm and you only have 25cm total height for the pot, and the plant.

You need to stay with CFLs, or need to move into a bigger grow area.

45-61 cm between the light and the top?????? I thought the light could be closer, but... Why this distance? Leds dont give very much heat and I will make the lamp with heatsink, fan to get out the hot air...

PD: I was reading and the distance is that to have an homogeneous beam of light. Should I cancel this project?

Back
Top Bottom