LED Decisions

OctoberKing

OK, so I have decided to go with an LED light for my cabinet which is about 2' x 2' x 4' tall. I've done some reading on the subject and think I have a basic, real basic understand what plants need concerning light. So it seems to me that plants need the correct spectral calibration and intensity, and by intensity I have to remind myself not to confuse intensity with brightness.

Considering the small space I have to grow in, my budget, which is around $500 I've narrowed the herd down to the following;

1. California Lightworks "Solarflare 200 watt"
* 5 watt leds x 40 = 200 watts
* power draw, 165 watt.
* cost, $449
2. Budmaster II 300-XG
* 3 watt leds x 100 - 300 watts
* power draw, 200 watts
* cost, $470 US

Both of the above lights fit my budget, to me (complete novice) the Budmaster seems the most powerful of the three. But I'd be a little nervous dealing with an outfit in the UK due to logistical issues. The Solarflare is the light I'm leaning to the most, seems like it has the power I'd need, the outfit is in California and I've heard good things about their customer service.

So I suppose I'm hoping to get some input from you good people who have experience with growing with LED's and who may have any experience with these companies, and or am I missing anything with the way I look at the data.

Peace

Budmaster is a Sponsor, so no worries about getting your stuff. They are legit. :thumb: So is Top LED and some others. Check otu this link to see if any are offering a 420 discount or anything---SPONSORS THREAD

Spimp,

Thanks for the heads up. I already had the feeling they were legit, my biggest concern was they are in the UK and I aint. But I sure do like that Budmaster 300-XG. I'm really looking forward to growing.

IMG_112022.JPG
IMG_112225.JPG
IMG_112125.JPG
I am very happy with my CLW SS400's
IMG_095520.JPG

Back
Top Bottom