LED Dinafem OG Kush SCROG Auto Not Quite So Auto

JohnnieJC3

Hello All,

I have decided to Journal this OG Kush from Dinafem since it's a cool story and I haven't showcased a grow in a few years. Here is the back story, I have two tents currently up and running (2x2 and 2x4) and the 2x2 I was using for Veg and Auto's so I had some freebies over the years and decided on 3 Auto's Gorilla Glue 4 Expert, Colorado Cookies DutchP, and the OGK from Dinafem. Well, it turns out this momma ISN'T an Auto and didn't flip so I just shoved her to the side while my two other actual Auto's finished up (First Indoor Cannabis Auto Grown Gorilla Glue #4) more info in <<< link. I had to top her numerous times and defoliated at least 3 times as well to keep her small and out of the way. This thing wasn't exactly neglected, but kind of forgotten and minimal feedings to keep her going. Long story short, this plants is over 3 months old already and has thick branches so I decided to SCROG her up. I'm already so invested in a SUPER long Veg time, that I figured a week or two of SCROG will clear up the 2x4 to throw the 3 new girls under the QB setup. Eventually, I'm going to replace the Mars Pro 80 Epistar light (150ish watts) with QB's all around since they just KILL it when it comes to penetration and BIG colas. Anyway, I have around 4 grows on this light and an older Mars Pro(Veg/Bloom Switch model) so I'm freerolling and not in a hurry to upgrade. Trust me, I want to upgrade the 2x2 with QB's, but it's not necessary in my current situation and these lack of penetration Mars lights are AWESOME for SCROG. The light is only good to about 14 inches of penetration and falls off dramatically there after. I have much love for the old tech, has treated my grows exceptionally well with the right technique, but it IS what IT is.

The only hiccup in the NON Auto situation is I put her in a 3gal smart pot since I was under the impression it was an Auto and the final desired size was perfect for a 2.5-3 month plant from start to finish(currently in 7gal). The soil is my own mix, which is HP Promix based and a ton of different rock dusts, organic nutrients, and High Brix influenced. I started out the blend outdoors maybe 4 or 5 years ago and have perfected the blend. It's not as hard as you would think to hit 19 outside(hit over 20 a few times) or even 16-17 inside. Anyway, I'm not here to preach on how to grow, if you have a style that works for you and is CONSISTENT, more power to you. I have smoked REC cannabis from friends that have fired up(joints and triple filtered water pipe) and it's good, looks pretty, smells great, but honestly, it just doesn't have the punch that I'm used to with my HB outdoor, OR indoor, doesn't matter. Also, if your not washing your BUDS, you are missing out. I find that some dank you can tell it's not washed, and others it's minimal. I know for a fact that my circle of friends always say my Cannabis is "Clean". They all notice the difference when it's not scrubbed. This is nothing new and I didn't invent washing your fruits and or flowers, but trust me, it's an extra step worth taking when you chop down. Don't confuse washing flowers with boiling ROOT balls or some weird hocus pocus nonsense, it's for real and makes a HUGE difference.

Anyway, too many Rosin Hits this morning and I'm a babbling brook. So yesterday I built a wood SCROG net with materials laying around the house since I'm trying to be good and not go out too often. It was kind of a PITA finding stuff that will work, but also rewarding when you think out of the box and make it happen and it all comes together. The OGK momma is just starting to look healthy and vigorous again. I'm really excited since I just ran out of my old Kosher Kush plant and haven't had that Kushness lately. I figure, OGK and soon after MasterK from DutchP and I'm back happy with a couple kush varietes. Here are a few pictures of 1 day after SCROG net was set in place. Not easy to put in with an overgrown plant, but it worked and it's DONE. Enjoy! Keep It Green. :yummy:

I have two GDP babies and 1 MasterK below the net and waiting for the 2x4 to finish up. They are 3 weeks old tomorrow(they grow up SO fast). :cool:

I gave the GodBud and Lemon Candy there last water only tonight(Day 65). I will be chopping them down this Tuesday or Wednesday(Day 68 or 69). I can't wait to ge the new girls under the QB's. The young plants under the SCROG net aren't growing as fast as they would if they were under the light more, but it won't matter soon. The buds are SO big in the 2x4. I'll get some pictures up of those as well. I should be able to flip this SCROG in 5-7 days, she is really starting to REV up and pop out nodes. I know she isn't an AUTO but I hope she's at least OGK. :eek:

Hey All. This OGK gal is really starting to spread her wings. The middle of the SCROG is already filling in(was bare since spreading the plant WIDE) and she is growing profusely now. I'm just keeping her as flat as possible twice a day. Here's a few snaps. Enjoy!

Master Kush Momma no longer Twisted. Her name is STILL Twisty Misty! :)

Not much going on today, I just shut off the driver for the 2x4 QB tent. The girls will be in darkness for the next 2 days until I can harvest them on Wednesday. It's crazy how fast these plants FADE, I feed my babies nitrogen(lower amounts) all the way to 7 weeks(Day 49) so this is just what happens when you have Hundreds of leaves. I couldn't imagine how many leaves there would be if I didn't defoliate a few times.

I also just trained a few branches this morning in the 2x2 SCROG setup. I will have to feed her again tonight, this a good thing, she is starting to really suck up the nutrients now. ALL nodes are getting full light now and she is absolutely LOVIN' Life! I still haven't watered the 3 babies below, 6 days dry out so tomorrow they should be ready for there first feeding. If they were getting full light, they would probably be ready at Day 5 or 6 of transplant. I took a few pics of the ugly almost finished Momma's. Don't be fooled, the buds are calling all cars and pulling from any source it can find. Totally normal. My outdoor plants SHED big water leaves SO fast to make room for bud sites in early to MID flower. The cycle of an annual. :cool:

Big Difference in Fade from beginning of Day 53, 4 days after last low Nitrogen drench. It reminds me of Fall where plants are fading with all the beautiful colors. Ok, going to Vape. :snowboating:

All Pictures are Day 53(2 weeks ago) 4 days after Last Nitrogen feeding. I only give them Bloom, Micro, and Pure Cane Sugar for the last week 8 feeding and all water until finished. I'm a feed the entire time grower, water at the end. I have two different Drenches, and 1 other Drench for Positively charging the soil to really make them Pop. :volcano-smiley:

The 2x4 tent has 4 QB132's(3500K) with a 320h 2100A driver in series. The GodBud is from BCBD and Lemon Candy is a freebie I've had for awhile from 710 Genetics and both are Feminized seeds. They started in a PC case I built many years ago out of an old Pentium 3 Tower. It's a 100w equivalent 6500k CFL bulb (23 actual watts). It's great for seedling/starters. I usually run them for the first week and over to the Mars epistar 80 light(2x2), or straight to the QB tent if I can. These above plants were mainly grown under the QB tent and were under the Mars Epistar 80 for only 3 days. I flipped them at 45 days and would of liked to go longer, but I was suppose to go on a trip that was cancelled unfortunately, so I didn't get to fill the tent as much as I would of liked(would of went another week to 10 days to maximize space). There still going to do very well yield wise and quality, but I know there is MUCH room for improvement. I could of also defoliated a bit more before flicking the flower switch. I'm still getting used to the QB's as well so ALWAYS learning. It's no hype, these QB buds are the BIGGEST I've grown indoors. MORE defoliation and the potential is getting me excited for this upcoming grow. The QB's also DRINK and FEED and grow like no other grow light I've owned. Well, I did have an old 4 light 1k setup 10 years ago or so, but that was Coco and C02 which is completely different. I'm just using passive 6" intake and a 4" Vortex on a speed controller. The only heat to manage is the DRIVER and it's on a shelf outside of the tent. The 132's Run exceptionally Cool.

Here is some Bonus footage of the 2x4 I harvested yesterday. These are some massive buds for how small the plants are OR were. I was thinking the other day I might make this a combo journal with both tents(who knows), I haven't decided yet. This isn't a perpetual setup or anything, but my timing is getting better with minimal down time. I also didn't plan on flowering the 2x2(Autos or VEG) again, but HEY, that's how it goes and PLANS change all the time. The future mommas are a little over 3 weeks old and looking healthy but not as big as they should be for there age(since there not getting full light). I will be putting the new girls in the 2x4 Monday after I clean her out. Anyway, I always hit the thread Paparazzi style so... Enjoy! Keep it Green. :volcano-smiley:

ALL Above Pictures are God Bud

ALL Above Pictures are Lemon Candy

Hey all, it's been awhile since I've posted an update. I've been busy cleaning the 2x4 out and jarring up the GodBud and Lemon Candy. The buds are MASSIVE and not that big of a plant and should give me 10-11 ounces, each plant yielded 3 half gallon jars a piece(I'm betting 10ish maybe 11). . I'll take 3 gallons of indoor PLEASE! :)

I swapped out the pre-screen for the carbon scrubber(have a spare from old filter), and cleaned the 6" intake mesh, I also cleaned out the bottom safety liner. I recently cleaned the two clip on air circulation fans maybe 2 months ago if that so there good. I like to start out fresh and CLEAN. The scrog lines were used for the drying station of the GodBud and Lemon Candy.

As far as the 2x2 is going, I gave her a foliar spray 2 days ago of: 1/8tsp yucca,1/4tsp Aloe,1/2tsp Dextrose, and 1/2tsp of Calcium Nitrate(if you use C Nitrate, I recommend a tiny bit of hot water to break down the C Nitrate faster. I always put the powders and CN to mix thoroughly to break down the little rocks). The young 2 GDP's and the Master Kush received the same foliar spray right before lights OUT. The remaining went to my tomatoes and strawberries. I even hit a struggling bush with it. Plants love Calcium Nitrate!

I also, flipped the Dinafem OGK momma last night(did some training). When the light comes on in a few hours it will be her first FULL day of flower. Day 1... DONE! I will get a few pictures up of the OGK later tonight. Enjoy!

Just testing the light, I dialed her back to the lowest setting
of about 107watts

You should of seen the amount of dirt the intake collects
Dirty Pre Filter!
Everything NICE and Clean as it should be. The only time I've EVER had fungus gnats is when I was in a pinch years ago and used Happy Frog for a starter mix. I've never used it since, and I always build my own soil. Long story short, I took care of the gnats, but it's still a PITA.

The girls LOVIn' there new QB Home!

Hey All, just OG Scroggin' here having a GREAT time! I fed the big momma last night when the lights come on at 8pm PST. She's a drinker so I gave her a gallon and half of earth juice humic(tsp per gallon), tsp dextrose, 1/4tsp aloe and yucca. This is my alternate feeding drench I use, then back to the normal grow,catalyst, micro.etc…
I also gave her a nice foliar spray this morning before lights off at 8am. 1tsp fish/seaweed Neptunes (per gallon), 1/8 tsp yucca, aloe, and 1/2 tsp dextrose. If you use too much dextrose, it will leave a white residue on your leaves. Not a big deal since I wash my buds, but if you don't, keep it to a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per gallon foliar, and use yucca and aloe, it will keep the leaves nice and clean(not to mention the benefits of aloe and yucca are amazing). Alright guys, that's about it for now, I originally named this OGK plant UGLY Olga, but she is starting to look like a beautiful Bella! :yummy:

She is 3 Days into transition/flower, when lights comes on it's the start of Day 4. Training plants a certain way
has it's own reward in general. I see why people enjoy the therapeutic art of bonsai(I shape all my bushes, trees, pines, maybe one day I would like to prune and train a Japanese maple variety into a bonsai). :meditate:

Back on Track, this OGK has really filled in the net these past 11-12 days of training. With training and defoliation, anything's possible with these plants. I almost put this sucker in my QB tent since I have a 15 gallon fabric pot on reserve, but I had the 3 new girls so I couldn't throw those in a 2x2. It would of been CRAMPED fast. 2x2 is good for a nice single plant(4zips or so, if QB 5-6 no problem) or 2 MAX for two zips each give or take. I always focus on quality, and the yield just comes with it usually. I really want to turn that 2x2 into a QB setup, but I have plenty of lights, backup lights right now, it's just not necessary. I know this 2x2 with QB's could hit 6 zones no problem SCROGGED. The buds are SO massive and dense, but I'm trying to get away from running both tents for flower.

I'm not knockin' my other lights, One of my favorites is still the Ultimate Purple
under an older Mars Pro light. You can see how big the bud is, slight bleaching, that branch
was 3/4's to and 1" away from the light. This is what happens when plans change, and you bring plants grown outside, indoors, and they stretch to the top of the tent. I had five plants in the 2x4, it was a JUNGLE in there and I had to pick and choose main bud sites to keep and clip. What a nightmare, but I made it work and I'm glad I didn't send these outside. I put three plants outside that I didn't really factor in and they went to shit with weather and all the issues the Outdoor Spot encountered. Long Story short, I ended up with some fine herb that wouldn't have been Outside with all the issues and I made the correct decision. Is it smart to put 5 plants in a 2x4, NOPE, DON'T do it if you don't have to. I was forced and it worked out... fortunately.

The two Gelatos are on the left, which is the light that is currently in the 2x2(the right light is a Mars II Pro 400 with the bloom/veg switches). :peace:

Hey all, just been busy with life and the tents are still Rockin'. Sunday, the 17th I quit training branches under the net and only bend a top down if it's taller than others, but nothing tucked. I'm letting the tops rise now and I will try to keep them as even as possible, hoping 10-12 inches above the screen(currently, 3-4 inches above), that would be right close to my height limit with light distance, pot size, etc. Anyway, I can't believe how bright green this plant is again, and I feel bad it was ugly in the beginning, but she is definitely back on track and the tops are showing flowering signs. Enjoy!

Hey all, just been busy with life and the tents are still Rockin'. Sunday, the 17th I quit training branches under the net and only bend a top down if it's taller than others, but nothing tucked. I'm letting the tops rise now and I will try to keep them as even as possible, hoping 10-12 inches above the screen(currently, 3-4 inches above), that would be right close to my height limit with light distance, pot size, etc. Anyway, I can't believe how bright green this plant is again, and I feel bad it was ugly in the beginning, but she is definitely back on track and the tops are showing flowering signs. Enjoy!

All is well in the SCROG world. The bud sites are rising perfectly and I'm barely bending a main top here and there to keep them level. You always have a bud site that wants to get taller than others, but minimal training at this point. I will get some pictures up when the light comes on tonight. The OGK will be 14 days into flower Sunday so the stretch will be over around then. The fun begins AFTER. :peace:

My other girls in the 2x4. One of the GDP plants is a Mutant, she only developed 5 mains instead of 6. I looked and made sure I didn't accidentally break or snap off the node or something, I didn't. No problem she will end up being a Mutant 5 headed beauty. :volcano-smiley:

The branch never developed for some reason. I've had this happen
One other time years ago growing Purple Crack and it ended up being my
favorite smoke at the time.
:cool:

Hey everyone, just another update on the 2x2. She is looking phenomenal and tops are rising near perfect. The tops are all right around 6-7 inches off of the screen now and with roughly 1 more week of maxxing out vertically, I think I'm on track for about a foot off of the screen. I can't wait to defoliate again Day 21, it's a jungle in there with all the leaves. I plucked a few leaves the other day maybe 4 or 5 that were clogging the middle of the screen. Other than that, not much training going on since stretching level. I will also be giving her a foliar feeding before lights off today (fish/seaweed,yucca,aloe and dextrose) and a Drench either tonight or tomorrow. I'll check the soil later tonight, but the last drink was 3 days ago so she's probably on that schedule from now on(sometimes mid to late flower every 2 days for heavy feeders). Enjoy!

I wanted to show the progression this plant has made in one post to illustrate how fast you can get these plants back on track and SUPER healthy. Keep it Green.

April 23rd

April 26th both Above Pics

May 1st both Above Pics

May 3rd

May 14th 4 Above Pics 11 Days Later(1 full day into bloom)

May 17th Both Above Pics

You can see from April 23rd to May 1st the plants coloration is not right with the yellowing and some blemishes on leaves here and there. May 3rd she started to get right and really kick back in with vigorous growth. She was flipped on the 10th of May(branches tucked the first transition/flower week) and will be two weeks complete tomorrow. Another 5-7 days and she will be pretty much topped out, she may grow some after 21 days, but it won't be much(vertically) usually with 9-10 week plants.

And Current Today 3 Above Pics

Hey all, I hit the OGK Momma this morning right before lights out. They always looks so beautiful after a fish and seaweed foliar feeding,yucca, aloe and a 1/4 tsp of dextrose in a half gallon jug. My sprayer is a Solo Half Gallon setup with extension and swivel head sprayer. Easy to clean and easy to use. Most of the tops are just about 8 inches off of the screen. I also gave her another drench tonight, every three days seems to be the schedule lately. I also topped dressed the soil to fill the pot and also added fresh EWC, calcium carbonate, gypsum, and some soft rock phosphate(all blended with a little of my HP Promix cooked soil). Drench feeding is Earth Juice micro,grow,bloom,catalyst,aloe,yucca,hygrozyme and some pure cane sugar. All is well in SCROG World! :meditate:

These Pics are right when the light came on just waiting for the light praying leaves and everything. :snowboating:

P.S I forgot to mention, I also dialed in the light, she seems to like 14 inches above the tops for overall coverage at the edges of the tent. My light reader is mainly for the QB setup, but the reader still helped me square up everything for that EVEN coverage. The light was also to far forward and angled so I back her up an ich maybe and that's it. I always enjoy breaking out the light meter, FUN stuff.

Hey All, it's been a few days since I've updated the Journal. The OGK SCROG is going excellent, the highest tops are around 10 inches off of the screen now with some in the 7-7.5 inch range so I'm bending 5-6 of the taller tops to let the others catch up. She is also due for a feeding tonight of Earth Juice Humic, dextrose, aloe and yucca drench. She is drinking almost 2 gallons every 3 days like clockwork. Other than that, she on a great path to the finish line. Today is Day 16 Bloom. Usually right around Day 18 or 19 they start to slow where there not growing 3/4's to an inch a day vertically. I LOVE this plant SO MUCH now, she doesn't miss a meal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

In the other tent, I defoliated the 2 GDP's and the Master Kush girls. This is there second defoliation and they don't skip a beat. Today is Day 44 since sprouting and I'm just about to flip them in a few days. They spent 3 weeks in lighting that wasn't the max it could be so there a little smaller and I have to Veg them a little longer because of it. It's no big deal, just a few days is all. The Master Kush plant is SO florescent green it's brighter than I've ever encountered growing. She is super healthy, spitting out leaves and nodes quickly. There just about as wide as the 5 gallon pots and have been in there final destination for almost 2 weeks(12 Days so Thursday night is probably light switch time). A few pictures of the 2x4 setup. There also going to get a foliar feeding before lights out at 12pm of C Nitrate, dextrose, aloe, and Yucca. Enjoy!

That's some damn fine growing you've got going on!

Love that foliar feed recipe, I'm a new grower and have been looking into adding one eventually into my grow...might just bookmark that for later!!

My budget is maxed out right now, but I've book marked your post and will be using it. It may be a long time from now, but I'll post back in this thread or tag a thanks when I start buying the supplies for it. Sincerest gratitude for the recipe!

Back
Top Bottom