LED Dinafem OG Kush SCROG Auto Not Quite So Auto

Alright guys, I don't know about you, but I get so EXCITED about future buds... especially KUSH buds. :morenutes:
I fed her last night earth juice humic, dextrose, aloe, and yucca. She is drinking 1.75gal of feed every 3 days right on track(Indica kush strains usually EAT). This setup really is just SO low maintenance. I will be giving her a foliar feeding tomorrow morning before lights off of fish/seaweed,aloe,yucca, and dextrose. I also bent over a few tops again just to keep it as flat as possible and let other nodes catch up. She is right around 11" high off of the screen now in the highest point. Most branches are 9-10 inches. Other than that, she's just doing her thing. :headbanger:

Sorry about this Picture, the damn White Balance didn't kick in
and you get ugly color shots. I just wanted to show the sideview, but the lights off
so I can't take another snap. Owell, you can see how tall they are which is or was the intention.
I can't wait to clean these babies up Sunday night(Day 21 Bloom, Today is Day 18). IT's a jungle in there and defoliation is a MUST!

Hey yo Johnnie you got some killer stuff over there :passitleft:

Will you defoliate this OGK? Looks like there is too much fan leaves on canopy. I didn't defoliate my last plant and I regret that decision. I hope you can make the right call man.

Dinafem's OG is amazing. My friend is working with a master grower here and he mostly grows Dinafem's stuff. He doesn't have OGK genetics anymore but like 5 years ago I stumbled upon this strain once. My friend hooked me up with an ounce and the first joint was dank man. It was a day to remember.

Subbed :bong:

Hey yo Johnnie you got some killer stuff over there :passitleft:

Will you defoliate this OGK? Looks like there is too much fan leaves on canopy. I didn't defoliate my last plant and I regret that decision. I hope you can make the right call man.

Dinafem's OG is amazing. My friend is working with a master grower here and he mostly grows Dinafem's stuff. He doesn't have OGK genetics anymore but like 5 years ago I stumbled upon this strain once. My friend hooked me up with an ounce and the first joint was dank man. It was a day to remember.

Subbed :bong:
MAN... that's SO nice to hear and I am SO in love with this plant now(She is glowing beautiful now thank you for the comment). A friend of mine has also told me DINAFEM gear(I also have a freebie Moby Dick seed going for Outdoor, hopefully she sprouts) is great and the OGK is on point, so I can't wait to see how this SO CALLED Auto turns out. :D Sometimes mistakes can be SO rewarding in the end. :peace:

Hey guys and gals... ITS Day 21 for the SCROG 2x2 and she is right around 11.5 inches or so off of the screen and just about topped out vertically. There is also a little bit of frost happening which is a good indicator the buds are SET(nice little bulbs on tops). I gave her a light feeding on Friday since I'm waiting for Dry out to switch over to Bloom positive charge feeding. She will get drenched tomorrow night, and Tuesday morning before lights out I will hit her with the Foliar Spray. Day 22 is just about perfect for BUD SET spray. :headbanger:

Photo festival as always. Enjoy!

I uploaded this unappealing picture to show the dark spots and sideview of
how dense the foliage is right now. Defoliation going down
tonight!

Thick main branches, THICK BUDS usually! :yummy:

Bonus Shots of the 2x4 tent, 2 complete days of Bloom, they
grow up FAST! That color of the Master Kush though, has me itching to see
how the buds are going to look in the end
. I'm just training the taller mains flat to let the other
smaller branches catch up. I always train in the first transition week, then let them rise for the last two weeks
of stretch.

Hello everyone, it's been a few days since I've updated the Journal. Sunday night I spent about 40 minutes or so defoliating the OGK Momma, wow, just leaves EVERYWHERE, some clogged in the screen, this happens when they stretch and grow fast during that time. I don't like to really touch them too much during the transition to bud set phase(week1-3). I did clip a few leaves during that time that were clogging up the middle of the screen(4 or 5 leaves), but that's it, don't go to crazy or the stretch will stop in my experience. She will also get a final clipping week 5, but it won't be much compared to the initial defoliation. In hindsight, I was just plucking leaves, I should of started from the back of the tent and worked forward. That's one of the downfalls of a tent, hard to work the back of the SCROG net leaning over and killing your back. Is it worth it, ABSOLUTELY. It was SO dark in there with an abundance shadow spots all throughout the plant.

Monday night, I gave her the 3rd week positive drench, and the next morning before lights out, I hit her with her first flowering spray. They really do perk up when you change the charge in the soil to the PLUS side. :) You can see the frost change and the hairs turn a little color afterwards. You could say she liked the reproduction spray. :cool: Enjoy and Keep em' Green.

Sunday Pic
All pics from Tuesday night right at lights ON except the comparison picture above of Sunday. You can see that
there are still plenty of leaves left on the plant. I clipped a hundred leaves AT LEAST. :Namaste:

Just another update on this OGK Momma that is on AUTO pilot just pluggin' Along! She is due for a feeding tonight and switching back the charge to negative in the soil with some Calcium Nitrate. They will really bulk up this week from the drench and Foliar Spray I will be giving her tomorrow morning before lights out(plants LOVE calcium nitrate). I have grown a few kush varieties over the years and in my experience KUSH plants bulk up quite a bit at the end. Patience is key to a bountiful harvest of that sweet kushness that will be SO worth it. She looks like an old Holy Grail Kush I grew many years ago, beautifully structured plant. Enjoy!

End of Day 27 start of 4th week lights ON tonight. It never gets old watching them
explode from the back to back Positive drenches and single foliar spray. LESS is more with NH4. :)

Alright I'm back so Sunday night I gave her the Calcium Nitrate feeding with the earth juice that I always use, aloe, yucca, this stuff to me is GOLD. Anyway, she's still drinking almost 2 gallons every 3 days like clockwork. The root zone is so thick it takes a little while for the water to start to sink. She absorbs it like a sponge and keeps on chuggin'. I also gave her a Calcium Nitrate spray with some fish/seaweed, micro's,aloe, and yucca of course, little bit of dextrose. This girl loves everything I throw at her. :morenutes:

Pictures are from last night beginning of Day 29 12 hours after foliar spray(bulk/fruiting spray). She has two more leaf sprays left then ALL drenches to Day 56-58 then it's Plain water that's sat out for awhile. The chlorine in my tap water is minimal, I've tested it before since my parents have a pool and I snagged there test kit one day. I still like to let it sit out 24hrs or more. This works for me, if you have hard tap water, then RO may be the only logical choice or buy a ton of filters(Brita who knows get creative). Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the photo's, I sure do. What a beautiful plant we are all addicted to growing and perfecting. I love the beautiful GLOW of this plant, she's giving back to me for NOT being an AUTO. :D

SHE definitely has kush characteristics written everywhere. I don't think
there is any doubt she is OGK, just a mislabeled seed is all, I'm sure it happens from time to time. She's flowering now SO AUTO or not it's GOIN' DOWN!

Hello and I'm back for another update, it's been a few days so BADLY needed. Not much to report other than eating every 3 days almost 2 gallons of feed. She is due for a soil drench tomorrow night, and a foliar spray the next morning before lights out. She will have 1 foliar spray left after Sunday morning which is the start of week 5 Bloom. Before you know it, your chopping her down and it's VICTORY!! Enjoy!

I will also be doing a last defoliation Sunday night when the light turns on(start of WEEK 5). I find in my experience that plants stop producing new leaves around week 6ish to week 7. I don't usually need to pull any leaves past week 5 with a HUGE defoliation in week 3. :bongrip:

Alright guys, I did a tiny defoliation last night, maybe 8- 10 leaves only, she really didn't need much more. I also gave her the last Cationic drench Saturday night, and foliar spray Sunday morning. They usually look like this a day after the spray. The color is phenomenal looking. During the light defoliation, I smelled hints of an old Skywalker OG I grew many many years ago and today it smelled like OGK so the genetics are definitely NOT in question. Anyway, ON with the show.

I hate when the White Balance doesn't work, it's not set for a farther away picture is why. Moreover, I just wanted to showcase the structure of the plant.

Hey everyone, I just realized I haven't updated since Monday, but I can't get any pictures since it's Lights out currently. I'll get some pictures tonight and upload them later today or tomorrow morning. Happy Friday and Enjoy! :volcano-smiley:

Alright, so I was able to take some shots this morning before lights OUT. Last night I gave her a Calcium Nitrate drench along with the earth juice products and everything else. I also gave her the last foliar spray this morning before the light shut off. She is looking wonderful and pretty much on Auto Pilot to the finish line. Nothing has changed, still eating every 3rd day with no issues. Tomorrow will be Day 42 of Bloom. Keep em' Green! :Namaste:

I just want to be clear that I am not upset in NO way shape or form with Dinafem, or the Seedbank I purchase from(The seedbank changes the packaging so it's likely there fault, but it makes no difference). 3 plants were too much anyway in a 2x2, so sometimes it works out EXACTLY the way it should. I just wanted to show how sometimes you have to change up your initial plan and make it happen on the fly. I think it's amazing how this plant has turned around and is just KILLING it now. I'll end up with over a QP of some fire OGK... What's to be upset about! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey guys, it's been almost a week, so it's time for an update. I gave her a humic soil energy feeding yesterday and is due for her week 7 feeding on Sunday. I'm no longer using Earth Juice Catalyst, and this upcoming feeding will be the last nitrogen blast as well. Week 8 feeding with be only EJ micro,bloom, and pure cane sugar to finish out. The two weeks(Week 9/10) of plain water will be about 4 or 5 drenches and DONE! I didn't have a chance to get pictures this morning, settling in my Outdoor plants the last few days SO always something to do in my world. I'll get up some pics tonight or tomorrow, they are fattening up nicely.

:volcano-smiley:

Picture time, I was able to get some shots this morning before lights out. She is starting to get thicker buds, but the last week of bloom she should really swell up. She never went to every 2 days feeding, and it's late in the game so she's on every 3rd day like a spinning top. Sunday will be day 49 and will get her 7th week feeding. Earth Juice bloom, micro, grow, aloe, yucca, and pure cane sugar. You can use molasses, but I prefer cane sugar, easier to work with and pours almost like store bought bottles. It also tastes amazing. :bong:

Simple setup, 6" passive intake, 4" exit and a clip on fan that just won't Die(so many grows, and pushes air better than any other fan I've owned).

Nothing new to report on the OGK SCROG situation, I did take a few pictures of my 2x4 tent which has 2 GDP's and a Master Kush from Dutch P. Thursday will be week 5 and they look great. Can't wait for the GDP, I've had it many times being in and or from CA, but never had the pleasure of growing it. The Master Kush is a strange growing plant but doing fine. I don't know what to expect with her to be honest. If judging on frost alone, SHE'S losing, but doesn't always mean it won't turn out great. Always patience with Kush varieties. :bong:

Hey guys and gals... it's been almost a week and everything is going A OK. The QB tent just went every two days watering at 5.5 weeks Bloom which isn't abnormal for 5 gallon smarties and a powerful and or BRIGHT light at 282 Watts. The Master Kush experienced HIGH levels of light, so she yellowed out a little, it's no big deal, but this frame was always temporary to experiment with the 132's(4 they are too close to each other and the crossover light can hit 89000 lux or higher at 13-14 inches). I'll be shutting the tents down for a few months and move my focus to my Outdoor babies and I plan on building a really nice frame during the break and adding two booster boards with Deep Red and IR. The 4 132's are great for HUGE buds with small plants, but when I flip a plant and it goes from 14" to 22-23 inches, it didn't even double in size or close to it. I like growing 28-32"(5 foot 6 tall tent) plants and I've ran a few grows with these boards and I'm looking for a little more stretch. I do however love how cool they run and room for growth is always a plus. No complaints with resin production or density of flowers and or yields. Small plants WILL still give awesome yields.

Moving On, the OGK SCROG Momma is just doing her thing to the finish line. She was fed last night her last drench of Micro, Bloom, and pure cane syrup/sugar. She went 4 days now in between drenches so she is slowing down eating slightly, this a great sign that she is ripening up for the next two weeks. Normally, with the lower intensity lights, I will plain water 3 times and HARVEST TIME!. I took a ton of pictures SO... ENJOY! :volcano-smiley:

3 Above Pics GDP Pheno1

3 Above Pics GDP Pheno2

Master Kush

Hey... What's going on out there in the cyber world. The OGK lady is on plain water these days, she's been splashed twice and is due for a watering tomorrow night. Other than that, she is back on the every 3 day schedule and just finishing up. Today is Day 64 when the light comes on later tonight so 9 weeks complete. Another week or so with a 48 hour Dark Cycle and that will conclude this broadcast. The color is amazing, she has this tannish/bronze sort of yellow glow to her. Let the FADE Continue. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Alright guys and gals... some updated pictures, she's juts ripening up and coasting to the finish line. Sunday will be 10 weeks and i'll give her the 48 hours of darkness. She is due for her last watering tomorrow. I brushed my finger up against a leaf and it wreaks of OGK. Really excited to finish this girl up, it's been a LONG Road. Enjoy! :volcano-smiley:

Hey guys, the tent is winding down now and I gave her probably the last watering last night. I may go the full 70 days bloom then 48 hours of darkness. I usually run 68 days then 2 darkness, but she looks like she may need a couple more days and I'm always down for DATA. Here is some bonus footage of the QB 2x4 3500k setup. Enjoy! :bong:

I can't wait to get two booster boards and build a really nice frame and run a SCROG. Once I spread the 4 boards out wider the middle plant won't get smashed with SUPER high levels of light. Anyway, I always strive to out due myself and continue the QB progress. There is always a learning curve when switching up the light source(2nd run, third WILL be a charm) or new equipment added. I also have had the far red puck for months now, but I haven't tried that out yet. Always something to PLAY with in this hobby or lifestyle. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom