MrWhat

hello guys,
I'm going to buy an led light (140w) with 60*3w leds with castom spectrum:
Red:630-670; Blue:430-470;
Orange:610-615;
White:270-650K; IR & UV.

my tent is:
40x40x140 cm

and I'm going to grow 2 feminized plants, in 18l pots, with soil and hesi nutrients, as usual.

Do you have a scheme or any advices about distance between led and plants' top in the different stages?

when, how long and why is adviced 24/7 in veg?

thank you all in advance!
MW

Growth/veg height should be somewhere between 26-34" inches above, and then half or a little lower when flower.
If you're growing photoperiod a minimum of 16 hours is needed. Autoflowers can be grown 12/12 but you might lose a lot yield. Vegging period is dependant on you, keep in mind that the plants will stretch when going into flower.

Jj

That 60x3 you should be able to run at 18"-20" in veg and 10"-12" in flower. Just keep a eye out for white bleach looking spots. That means light is burning plant. I would not run a LED for 24 hours. 18/6 veg is fine and 12/12 flower is great. Save money on power bill and save LED life.

Thank you all for your replies.
I'll let you know how my led works.

My idea is to grow my 2 feminized with main-lining training. I hope it could work with led panels too.

MW

I started my new growth with 1 hps lamp 150w agro and now I'm 2-3 weeks in flowering.
I main.lined just 1 plant atm because the other one got some heat stress, so I'm giving it some time to recover and then I'll use the same technique on it.
The 140w led panel apollo-like has been sent and I'm w8ing for it.
If I switch the lamp from HPS to LED, could it be a problem? should I wait the flowering stage to change it, or it doesn't matter?

You are right Brightlight.
in the first sentence I wrote "flowering", but I meant Vegetative stage. My mistake, sorry!

You are right Brightlight.
in the first sentence I wrote "flowering", but I meant Vegetative stage. My mistake, sorry!

No problem at all. What did you decide? On my 1st go with new LED, I only wanted 2' plants since I didn't know how well it would penetrate down into the canopy. Penetration was fine, and was surprised that I got 9 nodes resulting in 18 primary budding tops on smallish plants. So yeah, LED's veg really nicely.

My led panel has not arrived yet. Btw I'm training 2 Peppermint Kush by Barney's Farm.
One plant is perfect and is growing healthy , but the other one got heat stress during the first days of vegetative and now it is really small and her growth is incredibly slow!
I trained it too, just to try, it responds well, but still seems to have some stress to recover.
My idea is to train them to have 8 main colas on each plant and no secondary branches.
I hope apollo-4-like led panel will work as supposed, because atm with my HPS the heat is an issue. the temperature is always 32-36°C and it reached 40°C in the hottest days.

Back
Top Bottom