LED For 30x30x70cm Tent

H1gherD1mensionz

Hi guys, noob here preparing my first grow. I have a 30x30x70cm tent in my cuboard and I'm wondering if a 600 watt LED consuming 276 watts is suitable for growing 1 auto in this small space. I chose this light because it just about fits in the space and meets my budget.

Thanks.

That's almost a square foot. In that size space, crappy blurple LED, you'd need... For autoflower: 34 tp 42 watts. For photoperiodic: 50 to 62 watts.

No idea. Probably outgrow your space, though (but that's just a guess).

For a small space like that I'd say you won't need something drawing 276 watts.

Have you had a look at the 420 sponsors lights, I seem to remember budget led do a 60w light and I'm sure the Mars hydro ts600 draws about 90w.
Both good quality lights that would do the job.

Love the avatar btw.
Reminded me of this.
Screenshot_20201203_220052.jpg

For a small space like that I'd say you won't need something drawing 276 watts.

Have you had a look at the 420 sponsors lights, I seem to remember budget led do a 60w light and I'm sure the Mars hydro ts600 draws about 90w.
Both good quality lights that would do the job.
The mod edit is incorrect, the actual draw is 95W, its also dimmable.

I've ordered all my bits now aside from seeds. Not sure if I'll journal or not we'll see how it goes. The main hurdle was the carbon filter setup using a static pressure PC fan and after some testing it works!

And you gotta love Skeletor, he is a swell fellow lmao.

What could you flower out in that space?
I'll be going for 1 short autoflower, need to do some more research on the most suitable strain though.
Shouldn't burn. How far will you have the light from the plants? I have mine rigged up with Zip Ties, so I can adjust it accordingly.
I'll have to play around with the height and intensity, this is all first time for me.

I'll be going for 1 short autoflower, need to do some more research on the most suitable strain though.

I'll have to play around with the height and intensity, this is all first time for me.
How are things coming along with your grow?

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Here is one of my girls vegging in a 2x2. Trying to thicken her stems and get 30 to 40 colas.

Best regards,
20201223_151246.jpg

How are things coming along with your grow?
Ended up starting with a White Widow Auto. Seed was placed straight into soil. Its been 4 days since she popped and is 5cm tall. Rh is a bit low around 40% so will have to see if a small water tray on top of soil can help improve humidity.

Your plant looks great! Would it be okay to wet the sides of my tent like that for humidity or is it too small and may promote mold?

I would not worry about low RH, it might slow growth some but you will likely be outgrowing your space.
As the plant gets larger RH should go up. What size pot are you using? 70cm/26 inches seems
like a very low height.

The water tray did a good job anyway, brings up the RH by 8-10%. I'm using a 5L square fabric pot with the edges folded down by like an inch. Will definitely be using LST to manage the growth.

Here are some pictures to show the setup and our girl. The white spot on the baby leaf was were the seed shell didn't come off and I had to remove by hand.

tqphCppQ.jpg

j7C9t2Yg.jpg

I've posted an update on a new thread if anyone is curious:

Back
Top Bottom