LED grams per watt

Dropout -- have you done this yet? strain info? are you just guessing?

The reason I doubt it is not light at all it is space... by your calculations you have 16 plants packed in a 4x4 space so each plant would only have 1 square foot of bud space to produce 3 ounces...

Like I said I want to know what magic strain will produce 3 ounces in a 1' x 1 ' grow area

cough cough cough, bullshit, cough cough....

yeah, what do your plants weigh at harvest buck or don't you weigh your whole plants, roots included... Sorry...

if these lights i got live up to my expectations... you will see its very possible...

Ah... "If" so we are just talking hopes and dreams.

First time I did 1gpw it was easy had no problems. Last two grows res temp was too high and minor probs related to that pushed me back down to .6
Respect to anyone who really gets 1 GPW or more it's a challenge sometimes...

Dropout -- have you done this yet? strain info? are you just guessing?

The reason I doubt it is not light at all it is space... by your calculations you have 16 plants packed in a 4x4 space so each plant would only have 1 square foot of bud space to produce 3 ounces...

Like I said I want to know what magic strain will produce 3 ounces in a 1' x 1 ' grow area
Exactly

cough cough cough, bullshit, cough cough....

:cheesygrinsmiley: ... cut it out or we are not gonna find out where the magic beans are!

yeah, what do your plants weigh at harvest buck or don't you weigh your whole plants, roots included... Sorry...

I will jest, then give a serious answer

You don't weigh it in the pot? :cheesygrinsmiley:

ok ok ... First the only thing I weigh is very neatly trimmed buds of the size I would be offered that are dried to 60% RH or less in a jar. My plants usually take up 2.5' x 2.5'... or more depending on strain. I get 1 to a max 4 oz each plant with an average of about 2 zips per plant. I also get but don't count about the same amount "2 zips" in popcorn buds and sugar leaves from trimming.

Ah... "If" so we are just talking hopes and dreams.

First time I did 1gpw it was easy had no problems. Last two grows res temp was too high and minor probs related to that pushed me back down to .6
Respect to anyone who really gets 1 GPW or more it's a challenge sometimes...

For me it is always a challenge... it is a lot O work!

Hey Folks! I don't know what's so hard to believe.... I've bought ounces like that off of people back in college....." So this is an ounce?"....
"Yeah that's an ounce." .......... " I think that there must be rocks in the bottom of the bag because that doesn't look like an ounce."...." I'm telling you it's an ounce" . Come on I know I'm not alone here...spend twenty hard earned dollars on a 20 gram ounce. So I guess 50 ounces off of 16 plants must be possible. Best of luck in all you grow!

I explain already all the process and details..... you will say bullshit until you try it like ive described... i give u technic to go try for yourself to yield more bud.... if all u wanna do is hate thats on you... if you not hater go try and i guarantee you get close to that 2.5 lbs minimum with most good yielding strains... top yielding strain will get you over 3lbs... good luck trying to get there....

I could do it with 200 clones vertical design green maybe from 1000 w of hps that's a 600 and a 400 stacked in the middle with all the clones surrounding the light but even that would be pushing it in a 4x4 tent, you just don't have the space running a flat grow to yield 50 oz in a 4x4 ft tent

Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-37-58.png
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-36-58.png
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-38-46.png
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-37-32.png
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-39-19.png
Seriously mate this is 15 plants ok.

This yielded 4.3 lb.

1800 watts, which is 3x600w hps.

Ok.

Now forget the watts and light used and look at the space needed for the 15 plants to yield 4.3 lb in a flat grow.

3.5 metres long 1.3 metres wide of canopy ,15 plant's = 4.3 lb.

Ok so your sayingyou can fit 50 oz of bud which is 3lb 2 oz in a 4x4 ft tent in a flat grow like mine pictured here?

Show me then, cause I can't see that amount of buddy fitting in a 4x4 ft tent in a flat canopy LOL!

lol 1800 watts = 1000-1100watts leds.... when you understand this you understand more that its possible.... and devils harvest casey jones or serious seeds chronic yields alot better then most strains... so you cannot compare different setup different strains and you dont know the veg time either but im sure he veg 6-7 weeks to get 8oz from each average... also just hps waste alot of light so he did very good with hps... would of done much better with 1800 true watts leds or equal with 1100 true watts leds placed properly over the canopy... but most of all casey jones strain is #1 reason for very big yield... but he could do better with better plant count and less veg and ofcourse leds work better then hps thats why they cost more...

What we don't get is how you can get 3/4 of that yield into under a 1/3 of that space...

simple, all about skill levels and technics use in the space you have once u dial it in to maximize production thats what will happen... like growers pulling 1lbs from 2x3 with 400 hps and other grower pulling 8oz from 4x4 600 hps.... dont ever compare growers setup each grower skill level is different... in more details...

its simple plant count vs veg time... its not my fault if he doesnt use his space properly... 15 plants 8oz each = 6-7 weeks of veg but you end up with plants that take 3 times the space as a 3oz plant me i do 16 plants vegged 3-4 weeks... so 8oz plant is way bigger then 3oz plant.... no topping = less yield one big top looks good but many tops weight more... taller the plant = less yield because penetration not as good... not trimiming undergrowth that gets no light = less yield because draining energy that can be focus where buds get more light... tying down each plant into a loose bouquet for better spacing and light penetration... raising shorter plants to match canopy... everything counts and help you yield more... and biggest most important is strain... u can do best setup be best grower have best nutrients etc... but if strain not in top yielding category it will never happen.... i bet if he did same setup with chronic he would get 10-12oz per plant... to compare the way u want to compare grows makes no sense... theres to many differences in way it was grown...and grower skills... hps growers will never achieve what led growers can achieve with the same wattage... he get 4lbs with hps 1800 watt right.... if u just change the lighing to 1800 true watt leds... same setup he would yield 7-8lbs easy by only changing hps watts to led true watts... double the yield same electricity draw bill.... thats why led cost more... its not bullshit its true they really replace hps by 2x.... newer light i have suppose to be able to replace hps by 4x we will see... i will share this grow with yall but big grow 8x8 space.. 880watts only... and i will use my same proven formula and adapt to double the space using only 180watts more because i dont think wattage matters for led lights its more about how much ppfd by 4x4 space that matters and full spectrum.... because i notice with leds even if not much power plant grows nice and big bud anyways... and even better when u overlap lighting... u can achieve stronger par with leds which makes hps absolete... hps used to be the bread and butter.... now leds is the bread and butter but most of you haven't catched up yet... i be using leds since 2009-2010 ufo's and california works since 2011.... i seen the potential early.. ufo for veg california works for flowering... only problem was coverage... led wasnt able to have footprint of hps.... so i understand you cannot use led light hps... better sale california works... and buy many smaller watt leds... then to not overbuy more watt power then i truly need... and to make sure led as a good 2x2 ppfd footprint so i dont over buy leds either and keep price manageable in cost of leds vs amount of watts... i will break it down for you how i arrived to this result... very quick or i be writing a book... i start with 600 watt hps... 4x4 ebb n flow... i veg for 1 week and flower and get 8oz.... hmmm i said ok next time 2 weeks veg.... get 14oz.... hmmm ok... so i start veg in in veg room and it end up 4 weeks veg so i can flip 12/12 right away cause i hate waiting for veg... i get 23oz.... so then i understand i have to veg longer to get more buds from same setup.... everything same only veg time change.... i switch to led california works... i didnt care for wattage i was new to leds didnt pay much attention to details then it said it replace 600 hps so i got that.. i got 12 oz... i think led suxs for yield but damnnnnn buds looking so good and frosty smelling so much stronger and i sucked at curing but led made me think i can cure good because taste is awesome... so i wanted to use leds but need to figure out how to yield more so i notice alot of shade on the sides... so i said maybe if theres no shade i get better yield... and i notice that so i sell california works and buy smaller chinese leds cause now i read more and start understand more... and i place them different... wow what a difference in yield.... 46oz but i use more watts then what solarstorm was... i didnt understand the wattage thing for leds yet... i just wanted to be first to use this technology... but after checking solarstorm details and understanding that the light they sell as 600 hps replacement is really 320 watts draw... i realize leds did very good... 336grams from 320watts is over 1gpw.... so by doubling the wattage to 700watts and also making my canopy more even with even lighting everywhere.....i was able to double my gpw....for 200$ less and 380watts more... mutiple led lights changed the game for me.... 700watts at 1gpw is good... but with leds anyone can do that or very close if you scrog u get that for sure... but plant number veg time and even lighting the canopy with leds makes you a super winner and 1.7 to 2gpw is my new average because leds quality got better.... i think new leds that focus more on par now will get 3-4gpw for people like me who are already at peak of grow developement... and understand leds for growing marijuana... alot as changed since 2011... 5 years later im ready to try this new light that should make my new average even more unbelievable... i dont think it stops here.... but these new lights might bring it to its peak.... im excited to try them because i know ppfd is way better then chinese led im currently using so i can use 4 instead of 5 in larger space because ppfd footprint is for 3x3 with overlerlap... so knowlegeable grow would get 4 for a 6x6 area pro grower will get 4 for 8x8 area.. and the foot missing will be overlap twice to have strong ppfd also...

please understand u cannot compare led to hps grows... leds make hps a thing of the past.... hps no longer have any business in a grow room.... but until u understand you can never just use one led to rip the most benefits and u must always overlap lighting to rip the most benefits and u must stretch the space by 1ft of strong par limit to rip the most benefits and u must top supercrop lst wtv style u like and keep it under 4ft after flowering stretch to rip most benefits... and u must grow 1 plant per sqft to rip the most benefits.... and u must veg but not veg too long to rip the most benefits.... u will never look back at hps.... i hope this helps explain all your concerns.... i am not crazy or liar.... i am new generation of master led growers.... welcome to the new era.... i cannot promise these results with mars light since they dont have full spectrum and par reading is very weak i never bothered to try them.... but i can confirm platinum led would give you those results but led is overpriced....better go on amazon and get apollo or galaxyhydro.... for now... but better wait 1 month or 2 until new lights for 2016 comes out... the few i looked into all look promising.... like most manifacturers understand ppfd and full spectrum is needed for medical plants uv for trichomes deep red to shorten flowering by 1 week.... the knowledge is there so they all make better lights this year.... and it will revolutionize the grow room lighting we use... i think hydroponic stores wont carry hps anymore if they do it will become the cheap alternative.... they will be the cfl's of the new era lots of heat lower production in watt and in general over powered waste of electricity. my mindstate about hps have very much changed... i now look down to it.... but i wasnt only ever fan of the 600 watt cause it was best configured for higher lumens and wattage draw.. i now dont care for it at all... it maximize out at 1.5 gpw a 430hps maximize out at 1.2 gpw so not much difference... 1000watt hps also maximize at 1.5 - 1.6 gpw.... so to say me averaging 1.7gpw to 2.1gpw is unbelievable just tells me you know nothing about leds and how much better they are then hps for growing stuff... remember the first time u probable tried an ufo urself and notice how awesome it was to veg with and how better they grew under it and how much faster they grew then a mh light.... well now flowering is the same it flower alot better seen some big buds just as big as hps but more dense so heavier much more resin production and shortens flowering by 1 week and it gives stronger smell better taste and produce way more thc then hps if u take it to the lab same strain one under led one under hps the one under led will test at 22% the one under hps will test at 16-17%... after 5 years of everyone studying the subject techs like growers... before everybody notice all the extra perks that come with led lights.... but only problem was yield... that problem has been fixed and can yield a better gpw then any hps lights... so if max gpw for hps is 1.6 and right now i can do 2.1gpw with leds... i imagine new lights will be able to do 3.0gpw to 4.0gpw.... but this i cannot confirm just my guess.... but i believe leds will get to that point for sure one day.... i think this year is the year but only those who understand how to grow and maximize efficienty with leds will rip the benefits for now.... then everyone will catch up.... aslong as u understand how to maximize your grow room setup and how to maximize your plants yield and use good yielding strain you will soon rip the benefits of led lights... remember i said it first... or i think lolll.... i havent looked at an hps light in 4 years..... i forget they exist already.... u will never find me using hps again... just no point... veg with led much better and now budding with led much better in every way even in yield and density. i could get same results of 50oz with casey jone and chronic in 4x4 with 1000w hps... but with led i only need 700 watts or maybe even 600watt or less like bml leds or with new technology coming out who.... i never read much about them because they too expensive but i hear it uses very low watt for big big big yield... this is what i do just not at their extent very affordable way a bit more what not as energy efficient but unless u are commercial grower its a waste of money.... so i think i cover everything about leds and how to get 2gpw and its not a myth is just led is better then hps and when all in synch to maximize u can get 2gpw or more.... dont forget hps can do 1.6 gpw when all in synch to maximize... so nothing hard to believe here....

I just want to see it, I'm not a led hater I like leds I think they frost the buds up, the yield's you are claiming sound to good to be true like I said show me and I will put my hps in the bin

:geek: well that was a great long post, all I wanted was the magic strain. I did jest a little but I am not a hater so don't just throw hater in my posts.

Dropout-

Why would you forget HPS? I use HPS, I love the heat for winter and they produce more product per square foot

I like LED too I have lots good to say about it

Oh and thanks I laughed out loud at this " i am new generation of master led growers...."

Back
Top Bottom