LED grow 1st for newbie

I knew it wouldnt work. This morning my cat found my clone bio dome. I had the top off giving the girls some air and I left it alone for a few while I made
coffee. I came back to put the top on and it was all gone. She ate them all.
I think she was high all day. I found ton of puke.

Guessing that the cat didn't catch a buzz.

Suggest you plant some "cat grass" and some catnip for it to enjoy (but not in your garden). Cats tend to eat plants - give them some that they would rather eat than MJ.

I cant be mad at the cat. Im just as bad pinching off buds from my best plant before its time. She always eats anything green in the house. I tried the cat grass but she trashed it as soon as she found it. She leaves my orchids alone but everthing else is fair game. I put one plant from each of my fluro vs LED test in the flower room. The Led plants are bigger and bushier.
So I would say LED is better in the grow room But for 600$ less the fluro will work just fine. The other 420 plants are looking great they are getting very bushy I cant tell the sex yet but they are looking good. Still trying to sound proof the fan I think I need to work on the duct work as most of the noise seems to be from moving air. My room has hit 100 degrees a few time this week. My veg plants are stuck and not really doing much. I will try and borrow my roomies camera and take some pics soon. Thanks for checking out my grow.

Here is a haze plant I burned . I flushed it a couple days ago but I think its toast. I didnt know i was burning them till I got a new bible at borders last weekend. I dont really like the strain cause it is sensitive to over fertlization.
The plants look gangly and are tall under led light.
2007_0525tday0005.JPG

Here is the top
2007_0525tday0006.JPG

This is the best 420 plant of my grow. Still havent found out its sex.
2007_0525tday0008.JPG
First cat puke from clone fest
2007_0525tday0001.JPG

Sorry the pics suck. My old camera I dropped in the dehumidifer tank lives!
I flushed my best plant and the trichomes are about 20% amber. My b day is the first week of june and I hope to try some of my hard work.

6 months hard work and its gone. My best plant is burned up. I fushed it last sunday for harvest and today I flushed it again. it is dried up and dead looking
the top used to be firm now its all loose and dry. I didnt give it any water all week as the soil was wet on my moisture meter. It had small areas of burnt tips of the leaves early in the week but last night it really looked bad. It dosent even smell good. Should I harvest it anyway or is it gone? How dissapointing!
2007_0526tday0001.JPG

2007_0526tday0002.JPG

My roomies camera sucks too. Here is the official grow update.
Left to right in the pic. All have been under 12/12 LED at about 14-20 inches
Plant A is 20 inces tall, It grew 8 inches in 21 days.
Plant B is 19 inches tall, its up 7 inches in 21 days. It is a female.
Plant C is 15 inches, up 5 inches in 16 days.
Plant D is 10 inches, up 2 inches in 16 days.
Its still early for me to be able to tell sex but Im going to guess plant A is a male.
2008_0611tday0040.JPG

This plant is at day 77 under LED. It grew 14 inches. its 30 now.
2008_0611tday0053.JPG

I flushed it a few days ago and it appears to be burning too.
2008_0611tday0058.JPG

I almost cut it tonight but, I am thinking that maybe the ph of the water I have been recovering from the dehumidifier is less than my
tap water and maybe that caused the burn. If it looks good in the morning ill flush it with distilled water. If it is any more burnt Im cutting it. I trimmed up what was left of the first burnt plant. I pulled another plant that was burned up tonight, had to chuck it. I must have done something really bad. The plants i have cut didnt have a very good root ball.

Could wait to see how burned the plant was so i trimmed it up last night.
Maybe it will be useable in the vap. This is a lot harder than I thought. Starting to have doubts about the LEDS.

The timer in my flower room tripped and the light stayed on 24 hours I ended up leaving the light off of 24 hours to get back to the right schedule. Im sure my babies are tramatized. Im using the buds from the first plant i harvested from the LED lights. I didnt weight it but would guess between and 1/4 and 1/2 oz. It has a sweet aroma and is very loose. It has a mellow high. I guess Im stoked it was my first plant ever. I still am drying the second plant but fear i did not flush it long enough because it smells like chems. I still got to get the fan going its 100 in the room right now.

I am starting to believe all the led ney sayers. My 420 test plants are still cooking. I clipped one male. One plant is starting to show some bud development. The other 2 plants are just going. I still cant determin sex.
I know the heat is slowing things down. Pretty much all vertical groth has stopped in my veg room. I might have to try a/c again. That 6 inch fan is just too loud for my grow. I can hear it from my back yard blowing out the roof vent. My neighbors bed room is about 25 feet from my roof vent. I am sure he can hear it. I have 2 more plants that are 100% LED and ready to harvest. Im half way into the flush. The buds are small and loose and dont really have a great bud smell. The plants are really gangly. One plant is from a white widow feminized seed. The trichomes are about half amber now and they have flowered 91 days. Still didnt get a new camera but my birthday is next week. Hint Hint.

Back
Top Bottom